Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
CRC 1/10 Pan Car >

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Old 04-30-2014, 04:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just got my 2nd SE in the mail yesterday. I installed the BAX3(3280) short links already. Next is leveling out the side tubes. I like the new sreering blocks however and will try them out. My stock set-up on SE has been working fine both on carpet and outdoors (on the upcoming nationals track). I could have used alittle more traction however on the rearend. As we did not have to use WGT tires. I went to 35 shore and fixed the problem. Can't do that for the Nationals.
I actually get to practice something every Thursday and Friday on a small carpet track 36x72. However this week it is off road.
What weight oil and spring for center shock. Same for what side tube lube when you level out the tubes?
On the new body I've not run it yet- but my friends says it needs a support in the center of te hood? I've got three ready to run in 3 weeks (outdoors) state race.I've been running the Sophie.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:30 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Just got my 2nd SE in the mail yesterday. I installed the BAX3(3280) short links already. Next is leveling out the side tubes. I like the new sreering blocks however and will try them out. My stock set-up on SE has been working fine both on carpet and outdoors (on the upcoming nationals track). I could have used alittle more traction however on the rearend. As we did not have to use WGT tires. I went to 35 shore and fixed the problem. Can't do that for the Nationals.
I actually get to practice something every Thursday and Friday on a small carpet track 36x72. However this week it is off road.
What weight oil and spring for center shock. Same for what side tube lube when you level out the tubes?
On the new body I've not run it yet- but my friends says it needs a support in the center of te hood? I've got three ready to run in 3 weeks (outdoors) state race.I've been running the Sophie.
I run 35wt. oil with a purple spring.

With the tubes the way I have them I run much lighter lube. I typically start with 7k or 10k and go from there.

I ran the new CRC WGT body, it didn't need any additional support.
Old 04-30-2014, 04:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks. Do you have the pictures (more) on your facebbok page. My computer won't let me go to the page listed .
Old 04-30-2014, 04:49 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Thanks. Do you have the pictures (more) on your facebbok page. My computer won't let me go to the page listed .
I don't think I have any WGT pics on my facebook page, the video of my car from our race should be on it
Old 04-30-2014, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

My reason for using the 5th body post stems from my days of running touring cars. Our local hero, Matt Francis, used one on his Losi XXXS/JRXS on-road mod cars back in the day. At top speeds of approximately 55 mph, Matt had issues with his TC bodies "pancaking" while jetting down a longer straight.

The 5th body post stops the body from stressing and cracking at the tops of the front wheel wells. Really eliminates that cracking which was the only damage that effectively made me retire a lot of my TC bodies. Secondly, the 5th post can help maintain the shape of the body when one is involved in a major pile up or is trying to proceed through the carnage of a pile up by others. Don't believe that I have ever "pancaked" a TC/WGT body after a shunt while using the 5th body post.

On WGT cars, I usually install the 5th body post at the cross brace to be near the wheel wells. But, with a reversed servo on the LE/SE, a longer version can be mounted behind the servo too (attached to the chassis plate).

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 04-30-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

Default New Spring Sets

Below is a summary of the new CRC center spring sets that are currently available.

CRC – Encore Shock
Spring Chart (soft to firm)

3401 Soft Set:
Orange
Blue
White
Red
Green

3403 Firm Set:
Purple
Black
Silver
Gold
Copper

So far, the Green-Purple-Black-Silver range of new center springs covers all of my asphalt and carpet WGT applications.

Bill
Old 04-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Interesting that Wayne's current setup has the damper tubs mounted above the pod upper plate. I noticed Bill is running a spacer to raise the rear of the shock up....I did this on my 1/12th scale as well. To me the shock just seems to be too flat in the stock position.
Following Wayne's original lead, I placed the damper tubes exactly as he indicated (flat on top side of upper pod plate) on my asphalt LE. But, on the asphalt SE, I placed the tubes flat on the under side of the upper pod plate).

So, that is just me experimenting. Not getting much racing in these days; so, am trying to live up to the "Constantly evolving" statement in my signature. I personally find testing to be as interesting and entertaining as racing...But, I like challenging myself.

Oh, about the spacer under the ball stud at the rear of the shock. It is more to create a little more clearance for any wiring going over the top of the ESC.

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 04-30-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sg1
Just wanted to share a pic of my SE setup I ran over the weekend at NORCAR's Grand Finale.

Attachment 1191784

Here's hopefully a link to the start of the main.
88 x 40 carpet high bite track.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...type=2&theater

If you guys have any questions about the set up let me know
Wayne,

Anything noticeable about using the LE top deck on your SE? Assume you are making the chassis more rigid.

Couldn't get the Facebook link to work on my PC. Does that work for FB members only?

Cheers!

Bill
Old 05-05-2014, 05:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default SE aphalt setup..

hello at all

i wait to have on my hands this car...some question..i run with 2s and 13.5
with GR.C or WGT body...
some setup/mod suggestion?

thks
Old 05-05-2014, 05:50 AM
sg1
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Wayne,

Anything noticeable about using the LE top deck on your SE? Assume you are making the chassis more rigid.

Couldn't get the Facebook link to work on my PC. Does that work for FB members only?

Cheers!

Bill
It's probably because you're not signed into facebook.
Let me see If I can put it on youtube

I was trying to make things more rigid, I like a stiffer chassis and softer suspension.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by corally
hello at all

i wait to have on my hands this car...some question..i run with 2s and 13.5
with GR.C or WGT body...
some setup/mod suggestion?

thks
With a 2S battery taking up so much space on the chassis, you will probably want to utilize the LE version so you have the wider platform for the placement of the speed control and receiver to each side of the battery.

And you can give yourself more room for components by going with the reversed steering servo.

A 2S and 13.5 combo can be pretty fast. Will you run variable timing too? Absolutely have a CRC foam bumper that extends out in front of the standard carbon fiber bumper to absorb any serious impacts.

Bill
Old 05-05-2014, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by sg1
It's probably because you're not signed into facebook.
Let me see If I can put it on youtube

I was trying to make things more rigid, I like a stiffer chassis and softer suspension.
Been to Facebook here in the Bay Area and have seen the environment. Being so close to retirement, I cannot bring myself to get into FB. But, my wife and daughter sure do... <cackle><cackle>

Agreed. I like flexy for asphalt and stiff for carpet. Same as I did with touring cars. Looks like I need to get another LE top deck to play with that on the carpet car.

Cheers!

Bill

Last edited by Still Bill; 05-05-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

Hello Bill
I use 2s & 13.5 blinky on our track was fast than touring with same motor ..
I want use SE because spare parts its hard to find..
Spaceis not a issue....some suggestions for setups?
Old 05-06-2014, 05:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Here is a picture of the side link setup that I have on two of my SE WGT cars with the rear slider pods. It uses the newer version of the CRC #1767 Graphite Lower Plate - Slider Rear Pod (with two holes for the links on each side).

Doing so requires you to use the shorter #3280 Molded 1-piece Clamping Side Links.

I am really happy with this rear setup. And my thanks still go to SG1 for originally pointing out this potential arrangement to me.

Cheers!

Bill
I will test it. I saw an old picture of sg1 with LE with damper high too.
What is the feeling with the new damper position?

thanks and regards
Old 05-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TyoBBS
I will test it. I saw an old picture of sg1 with LE with damper high too.
What is the feeling with the new damper position?

thanks and regards
Extremely consistent and predictable handling from the rear of my cars. Making for a very easy to drive car that is also fast. Works on both carpet and asphalt surfaces. Like Wayne (SG1) says, he is able to run lighter 7,000 to 10,000 lube with this configuration. I am almost always using 10,000.

But, I certainly have to yield to SG1 if he chimes in...

Bill

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.