CRC 1/10 Pan Car >

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Like Tree3Likes

CRC 1/10 Pan Car

Old 02-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Good stuff! Heard it before; but, definitely needed to be reminded.

Many thanks.

Bill
No problem Bill!!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
hello team crc i am new to electric rc and i am trying to setp the hw xerun 120a 1s esc on my xi i am running a 17.5 revtech motor with a revtech 6200mah 70c 1s lipo pack i have up dated the 2 in 1 program box but don't know what versions to use. i also hooked up the esc to the program box while it hooked to usb and still dont know what versions to program into the esc. please if i can get some help on this. most of the guys where i will be running use either tekin or lrp so not getting much advise. so it was suggested that i try to find out more from crc since the esc is used by crc so can i please get some help on set up

thanks in advance

oh by the way i am new to this so i need a goods setup to start out with and keep up with the seasoned guys until i have a better understanding of the esc.

thanks again for any help
Are you running Blinky or Boosted?

If your running blinky use the "NO Timing" version.

If Boosted go to www.teamcrc.com and download the latest software and run v930.

hope this helps!
Old 02-22-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks Max.

I needed to know that too.

Bill
Old 02-23-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

One thing I do at bumpy tracks is change the front kingpins and springs. I run the 1/10th scale springs with a kingpin length of .618. Then I will stack 1/12th scale springs with shims in between them. So from the steering block down it would be spring, shim (.010), spring, shim (.010) e-clip. I did this in Cleveland and it worked well. Doing this also allows you to change spring rates with a bunch of different combinations. In Cleveland I ran .55 on top of .50.

If I go to a bumpy track I will switch that out and go one step softer on center spring.

dumper
Old 02-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dumper
One thing I do at bumpy tracks is change the front kingpins and springs. I run the 1/10th scale springs with a kingpin length of .618. Then I will stack 1/12th scale springs with shims in between them. So from the steering block down it would be spring, shim (.010), spring, shim (.010) e-clip. I did this in Cleveland and it worked well. Doing this also allows you to change spring rates with a bunch of different combinations. In Cleveland I ran .55 on top of .50.

If I go to a bumpy track I will switch that out and go one step softer on center spring.

dumper
Thanks amigo.

I saw you testing this; but, did not know it had worked out for you.

Good stuff!

Bill
Old 02-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just looking for some set-up info. Just got the new CRC WGT and will be running outdoors first on a smooth 1/8th gas track (kissimmee) and the following month a parking lot.
front spings? center Shock? side springs? Tires are 2.06.Motor D3. I have a set-up sheet but would like some imput or suggestions. Start building the car tommorow.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Gen X pro 10 handling

I started to dump my CRC Gen x pro for another car, but CRC's did so well at the birds...maybe I'll work at it a little more. We have a great weekly WGT class at the local track. An A and B and sometimes a C class.

Here's my problem. This is a smooth carpet track and I can turn in fine, but push coming out of turns. I am running 1/12 kingpins with .55 springs, -5 camber works ok and if I go to a full -1 degree...pushes more. I run 1mm of rear droop. We have to run spec tires (BSR purple) saucing a 1/3 to 1/2 of the front tire gives me more grip than if I were to sauce 3/4. Running front axle in trailing position....tried trailing and neutral, not much difference.

I don't think it would take much to get it better, I just haven't hit on what it takes. Just looking for what some guy's are running to help push off.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hyperdrive1
I started to dump my CRC Gen x pro for another car, but CRC's did so well at the birds...maybe I'll work at it a little more. We have a great weekly WGT class at the local track. An A and B and sometimes a C class.

Here's my problem. This is a smooth carpet track and I can turn in fine, but push coming out of turns. I am running 1/12 kingpins with .55 springs, -5 camber works ok and if I go to a full -1 degree...pushes more. I run 1mm of rear droop. We have to run spec tires (BSR purple) saucing a 1/3 to 1/2 of the front tire gives me more grip than if I were to sauce 3/4. Running front axle in trailing position....tried trailing and neutral, not much difference.

I don't think it would take much to get it better, I just haven't hit on what it takes. Just looking for what some guy's are running to help push off.
You say Gen X Pro ( not LE): but, your signature indicates Mccune. Which is it?

Bill
Old 02-25-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Need some more info to help you out here:

What shock spring are you running?
Which chassis are you running? (LE, Gen X, or Mcune)
Why are you running such a heavy front spring? ( I usually run a 50)
Are you running 1s or 2s?
And if it's 1s, where is the battery located? (front, back or side to side)
How much caster are you running?
Old 02-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Gen x

I used to run McKune chassis but currently Gen X pro. I run 1s battery down the middle and forward. I talked to someone this morning that has so much steering in his crc that he has to dial some out.

I run the 10 degree block under the a arm...he runs a 5 degree.
I ordered a set of 0,5,10 degree blocks.
I ordered a .50 springs for the front and red side springs for the back.

The friends car that turns well runs the 10th scale king pins, where as I run the 1 1/2 scale, but ordered the other springs for that.

I usually run my tires fairly straight or with the slightest amount of toe in.
I run a red spring on my center shock and I usually don't put much pressure on my center shock.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I used to run McKune chassis but currently Gen X pro. I run 1s battery down the middle and forward. I talked to someone this morning that has so much steering in his crc that he has to dial some out.

I run the 10 degree block under the a arm...he runs a 5 degree.
I ordered a set of 0,5,10 degree blocks.
I ordered a .50 springs for the front and red side springs for the back.

The friends car that turns well runs the 10th scale king pins, where as I run the 1 1/2 scale, but ordered the other springs for that.

I usually run my tires fairly straight or with the slightest amount of toe in.
I run a red spring on my center shock and I usually don't put much pressure on my center shock.
Try going to a harder shock spring. Also, you want the pod plate to be level with the chassis when the car is on all four tires. When you pick it up, you should only have around 2 degrees off center. The track I run at has meduim traction and I run either a purple or black spring depending on the conditions. I would start with the next hardest spring, which I think is green, but check that out for sure. Hope this helps.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks MudVayne...I have some things ordered to try. I didn't notice this problem when I started 4 month's ago, but now I'm getting faster...the pushing coming out of the corners is costing me time.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks MudVayne...I have some things ordered to try. I didn't notice this problem when I started 4 month's ago, but now I'm getting faster...the pushing coming out of the corners is costing me time.
hyper,

What length of side links are you using on that Pro chassis?

Have you ever placed washers under the front ball joints of the side links to give the car some "rear steer"?

Get the LE chassis upgrade. Lighter, more tuneable and often eliminates the potential for chassis tweek created by fastening the trap door for the battery.

Bill
Old 02-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Tech Regular

alittle off topic. How do i get hold of these guys? tried emailing a few times regarding old stock 1/10 235 parts and tyres
Old 02-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CameronMADOG
alittle off topic. How do i get hold of these guys? tried emailing a few times regarding old stock 1/10 235 parts and tyres
Do you mean Team CRC.

Go to www.teamcrc.com

Bill

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.