R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-26-2008, 08:41 PM   #31
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Um, the Dow didn't take a 460 point drop on Monday, the markets were closed. Oh and the market went up 300 points on Wednesday.

The real estate market in Florida has always sucked. You wanna invest in real estate, come up to NY.

Unemployment is still lower than the average for the last 25 years, I think the latest figure is 4.6%.

The economy has cycles and right now it's in a downturn. It's not "the worst economy in thirty years" far from it. If you want to see what a bad economy looks like check out the '70s.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:44 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
Where did you get that...Fox News...lol!?!

I guess the fact my neighboor has had his house on the market for a 18 months and its still for sale, my bosses house is worth less today than what he bought it for last October, the 460 point dip in the Dow Jones last monday morning, the Fed's emergency drop in the lending rate at noon on monday, the huge trade deficit, new home sales are at a 30 year low, etc....are all figments of the liberal media's imigination.
Im going to have to back Insp on this one. If we are headed toward a recession its b/c the media helped talk us into on. The sale of my companies products are a direct reflection of the economy and its doing well.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 08:50 PM   #33
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

So can some one tell me why they want to give us people under 175,000 a check? Some one is worried about some thing? Walmart will cut a fat hog on this one.
And I could pay off my property tax. Its not right no matter how you look at it.
And the housing slum is not a fiction. Some one is about to get screwed on this one and it wont be the new home buyers.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 11:48 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Not a heck of a lot. Everyone needs their hobbies whether economics are bad or good. You got remember you can actually profit more by capitalizing on opportunities during a down turn.
secretsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 04:36 AM   #35
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Um, the Dow didn't take a 460 point drop on Monday, the markets were closed. Oh and the market went up 300 points on Wednesday.

The real estate market in Florida has always sucked. You wanna invest in real estate, come up to NY.

Unemployment is still lower than the average for the last 25 years, I think the latest figure is 4.6%.

The economy has cycles and right now it's in a downturn. It's not "the worst economy in thirty years" far from it. If you want to see what a bad economy looks like check out the '70s.
Actually, over the last 8 years, Florida has had the largest rise in property value in the country. Property and house values have trippled over that time. I moved here in 1999 when values were low. Now the housing market has taken a turn for the worst from people taking advantage of the rising values. The tampa bay area has been a real hot spot for people to invest in real estate. Many people took advantage,bought property and built homes to flip. Now the number of homes far exceed the number of people moving here so the prices are coming down. Nothing is selling. It all happens in cycles. The market will come back after the dust settles.

I moved here from NY. The values went crazy up there also. The problem is the cost of living and taxes seemed to keep the values from getting out of hand like they did down here. Now the taxes down here are getting to be high. This doesnt help the real estate market down here.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:52 AM   #36
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Let's face it. There is a good explanation why RC racing and the economy are suffering. BMI STOPPED MAKING AFTERMARKET KITS!!!!! Kit sales are down because there is no reason to pay $500 for a kit with an inferior chassis and not have the opportunity to replace it with a BMI chassis. People are not longer buying larger houses so that they have a BMI display room. We've taken the market out of the honest business owners hands and given it to the "would-be" criminals on the black market. Let's stop blaming the government and the economy and put the blame where it belongs...... so what's it going to be Jason? When will you stop this foolishness and start making chassis kits again? How about starting with one for the RDX Phi. A nice little rubber tire/ carpet kit would be nice. (in satin)
Old 01-27-2008, 06:24 AM   #37
Tech Lord

To be honest, I stopped the TC chassis kits to keep up on the 1/12th car. I wanted to make sure i can support it 100%. I may get back into the TC scene soon but for now i really want to see what direction it takes. There are alot of uncertanties with which BL motors and batteries will be the norm. Once that settles into place and cars are designed to fit, I may get my hand back in the game. For now i want to make sure that i can support my 1/12th car and offer the best customer service that i possibly can.
J Concepts
Old 01-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #38
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

The DB12R IS pretty sweet. I stared at one yesterday for about an hour. Let me know if you're looking for any test mules.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #39
Tech Lord

Thanks buddy
J Concepts
Old 01-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
This is why you are starting to see the 1/12th class grow. The price is 1/2 and the cars handle excellent. People are looking for cheaper ways to do what they love. TC is not that route.
Around here the 1/12th class is pretty much dead. Last tuesday there was two guys running to practice for some big race. They put the word out to get some more for this tuesday. Hopefully this class will come back stronger than ever. Scotty even offered free 1/12th racing on tuesday nights once before. That still did nothing for the class I guess I don't understand.

Quote:
I guess the fact my neighboor has had his house on the market for a 18 months and its still for sale, my bosses house is worth less today than what he bought it for last October.
Houses around my area are not staying on the market for even 2 months. The city I live in is developing subdivisions with small to medium size houses and there selling quick. Yes there is a few in each section that haven't sold but the majority has. My in-laws house and property value just went up again in 2007.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 01-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #41
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

And that's the thing, each place is going to be different. About 10 years ago (when Jason moved to Fla.) there was a huge move of people down there. But that's faded away. Right now the #1 place NYers are relocating to is North Carolina. I'm sure that will change too.

RC is the same way. Different areas of the country are seeing different things happen. Yes there are general trends but saying that nitro off road is the fastest growing segment of the hobby doesn't mean it's growing the same everywhere.

There's no question the entire hobby business will go up and down with the economy. But not every part of the hobby or every part of the country will react the same.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 02:05 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
RC is the same way. Different areas of the country are seeing different things happen. Yes there are general trends but saying that nitro off road is the fastest growing segment of the hobby doesn't mean it's growing the same everywhere.
At least what I have seen or heard is that offroad is rocking all across the country. That is one class that seems to be everywhere and anywhere.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 01-27-2008, 02:37 PM   #43
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz View Post
At least what I have seen or heard is that offroad is rocking all across the country. That is one class that seems to be everywhere and anywhere.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Even Offroad racing is slow here. Onroad racing seems to be picking up but in the form of 1/12th and nitro. TC is going but shrinking. Alot of people are staying with there old TC's until they are beat and replacing them with 1/12ths.
J Concepts
Old 01-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #44
Tech Lord

Quote:
And that's the thing, each place is going to be different. About 10 years ago (when Jason moved to Fla.) there was a huge move of people down there. But that's faded away. Right now the #1 place NYers are relocating to is North Carolina. I'm sure that will change too.

There's no question the entire hobby business will go up and down with the economy. But not every part of the hobby or every part of the country will react the same.

Exactly. When a place is in its up and coming stages, The values go up real fast. They level off eventually and then the hot spot changes to a new location. Florida is still inexpensive when compared to alot of developed areas so there is still room for increased value(I hope) I just moved into my new house last year and paid top dollar for it. The market fell off right after i closed Good thing i made out like a bandit on my last house. I sold it for 100k more than i built it for 5 years ago
J Concepts
Old 01-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #45
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Simple fact. If it is not selling, you are asking more the the market will bear. Houses are selling, just not at the unsustainable rate they have been for the previous 4-5 years.

Quote:
Where did you get that...Fox News...lol!?!

I guess the fact my neighboor has had his house on the market for a 18 months and its still for sale, .
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote