Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need help from all single guys...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Need help from all single guys...

When do you guys tell broads you play with rc's?

Last edited by trdsupra88; 09-20-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If anyone (girlfriend, friend or otherwise) accepts you for who you are, why would you hide it?

If you've had more than 15 real girlfriends in 3 years there's better questions to be asking yourself than "should I tell my missus I play with toy cars".
Old 01-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

almost right off the bat (2nd date ish) I will let them know "yes...I am a geek, does that offend you?" I will let them know right away that its mostly a guy thing, and they probably wouldnt be interested in it at all. Ususally they get the message but the odd time you will get lucky and have one thats curious enough to want to come out for race day.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

15 girlfriends in 3 years? You don't need help, bro, you're doing just fine! Most of these R/C dudes are like 30 year old virgins, so good luck with the advice there. :-D

Seriously, though, if you're looking to settle down, the girl has to accept you and what you do pretty much unconditionally. Changing for someone will lead to fail.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:37 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just always told them that I raced toy cars for bowling trophies. Some thought it was cool, others thought I was kidding. Regardless, no reason to hide it.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yea i must agree with Ozoner..........if your only asking "should i tell them i play with toy cars." then i then sumtin might be wrong...

nahh i have realised that 90% of females these days are right out sluts....my girlfriend which i have had 4 almost 2years now.....lives with my obsession for rc and doesnt care........as a matter of fact, she bought me a TA05 4 x-mas....once she saw the raw power of my nitros she thought they were pretty cool..

i let her drive my B4 once......wen it had a 10x2 init....and i turnd down the EPA so she wouldnt crash it.....good choice.....after a while i turned up the EPA so i could drive it......n she wanted 2 drive it again, i told her to go easy since it would be REALLY fast.....the first thing she did was full throttle into the curb....snappin the chassis

anyways in answer to your question i have an idea.....put some on display somewhere in your house (4 me they are in my room) and when you first bring a chic over, she'll be curious and ask about them...just tell her you drive them around and race once in a while....then she'll grow 2 understand...

hope this helps ya a bit.....if u have 2 giv up rc (which is sumthin that makes u happy) she aint worth it.....unless she has a better hobby that u like that she is addicted 2 nudge nudge!

hehehe

wog
Old 01-25-2008, 12:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wog....supraman
nahh i have realised that 90% of females these days are right out sluts....
I should have visited Perth when I was single!
Old 01-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My twin cousins met their wives in Perth.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's true, our esteemed ROAR president aside, racing RC cars seems to create an anti-female force field roughly three hundred yards in radius. And let's be clear that Courtney Day does not go home with the A Main champ. Sweet girl, but she thinks we're a bunch of dorks. Best thing is just to firmly defend your RC time, don't make apologies, but don't drag her down to the track either. If--and after you recover from the shock and pick yourself up off the floor--she shows an interest in it...well honestly, I have a hard time imagining that scenario. Check the back of her head for an alien brain larva or something. She's probably not healthy.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hmmm dating advice hmmmm rctech soulmate search could be the next big thing
Old 01-25-2008, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

my girlfriend (of like 6 years) doesnt really care, she has her thing i got mine..

my chick friends on the other hand....make fun of me all the time, but it doesnt really bother me, telling them where i work (also in the hobby) also gets me a spoonfull of s**t, but im hella cool so they usually forget about it

who really cares what chicks think anyways?

there is a billion of em....there is at least one or two that wont care
Old 01-25-2008, 01:56 AM
Tech Champion

Told my girlfriend (now wife) early on. Its never good to keep secrets or make excuses for something you like doing, or you are already moulding yourself around them.

My wife hasnt actually wanted to come racing once and I respect her choice on that. Occasionally I will ask, but 99% of the time I know its going to be a no lol My excuse in years to come is to take our son racing, it will give her a break and it will allow me to see if our son can beat me... (When he does i'll stop racing and put my knowledge into helping him). Hes not even 3 yet though, so i've got a few years left yet....

To me, if a woman can bear you going racing thats acceptable, if she races too its a bonus

If they cant accept you for who you are and what you like doing, in my eyes they are not worth being with, plain and simple
Old 01-25-2008, 02:01 AM
Tech Champion

[quote=PutAwayWet;4115418]Best thing is just to firmly defend your RC time, don't make apologies, quote]

In other words dont just write your future race dates in the diary... chisel them out in stone and highlight the important ones by writing in blood on top
Old 01-25-2008, 02:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'd go along with the everyone else in the thread. So what if you race toy cars? If its a hobby you enjoy, she should accept that... otherwise, move on.

I told my current girlfriend quite early on in the relationship, and she was actually pleased I had an active interest in something... ok, she's not really fussed about coming to a meeting, but understands it's something I really enjoy, and makes me happy

Why hide it? She doesn't have to take part, just understand theres a reason the bathroom has a funny coloured hue from spray painting....
Old 01-25-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I should have visited Perth when I was single!
YOU ARE FUNNY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.