R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-03-2003, 09:45 PM   #316
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

I go to the Nationals to have fun. It has bea long time since I was at one but the last one with the ROAR Dirt Oval Nats with 465 entries in Atlanta, GA. Man I'm showing my age as I was only like 20 somthing then. That was the good old days with those P-170's from Panasonic. Man did they suck!!!!!!!!

19 turn is a fun class but I hate to split the classes up even further and then race against less people in a class. I hate running with the same 5 guys and no one else.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 08:46 AM   #317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

This will be my last post on this subject- rtypec and wild cherry: Comparing "The Tamiya" track and the N.C trackis like comariring apples to oranges. 99.9% of the tracks in the USA will never be like the Tamiya track.Your taking a multimillion world company and compairing it to the family run business in N.C. If you every read anything about what ROAR does - oh forgot WC your the expert and knows everything.And you have a nice holiday weekend and don't foget to throw the firecracker otherwise you'll get burned.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 11:28 AM   #318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I agree with all of you. Let's just bury the hatchet and move forward. I just wanna race

Happy 4th of July!
Here's something for all of you to play with on such a nice day.
http://www.timstouse.com/liberty/liberty.htm
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 11:38 AM   #319
Tech Legend

Aaaah! Geazs ! Bull Frog is all burn up....

Your words , *Roar has become a Mom & Pop business *......

I doubt Roar will ever become as professional as some of the independant race organizations we have now.

The independant`s have out grown & surpass Roar in promoting R/c car racing....

Thats why the independants have the bigger turnouts, & kick Roars butt when it come to organizing a big event....

Ooooo almost forgot, its not Roars fault>>> its the hosts.....

Well, thats how the Roar chips seem to fall anyway....

See you`s guys at the Cactus Classic next year....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2003, 11:39 AM   #320
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Yea, I'm going to un-stick this since it has diverged rather far from the original topic.

Hopefully everybody had a good time with the ROAR Nats, despite some of the complaints and stuff aired here.
Old 07-05-2003, 01:50 PM   #321
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

even though the track didnt look apealing and the tech area was less than deliteful the layout was cool and don hill tried his best to help everyone. every body was there racing on the same track. the people that won drove their asses off.
as far as the stock and pro guys let us remember the nationals are not the place for a begginer its were the best in the country go to race and try to be #1 in what ever class they race in.
there should be a look at the 19t motor to replace the 27t motor just to have a motor that is not as finike to make power out of. the 19 t tend to be user friendly.
as far as sponserd drivers in stock. great the more the better. all it means to me is the more of them i out qualify the better i feel knowing i did it. some times its not about winning but trying to beat the guys you know are fast and not pay for it, we dont need xtra classes if anything we have to many choises.
scrapping the masters class is one of them. everybody cries about equality but wants to be treated special. dam if you do damn if you dont. butch up guys and race with what you got and try to beat the best. it only make you level of competitvness less when you race against slower guys !!!! think about do you want to soar with eagles or turkys. thats my $1.50
Old 07-05-2003, 05:02 PM   #322
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
even though the track didnt look apealing and the tech area was less than deliteful the layout was cool and don hill tried his best to help everyone. every body was there racing on the same track. the people that won drove their asses off.
as far as the stock and pro guys let us remember the nationals are not the place for a begginer its were the best in the country go to race and try to be #1 in what ever class they race in.
there should be a look at the 19t motor to replace the 27t motor just to have a motor that is not as finike to make power out of. the 19 t tend to be user friendly.
as far as sponserd drivers in stock. great the more the better. all it means to me is the more of them i out qualify the better i feel knowing i did it. some times its not about winning but trying to beat the guys you know are fast and not pay for it, we dont need xtra classes if anything we have to many choises.
scrapping the masters class is one of them. everybody cries about equality but wants to be treated special. dam if you do damn if you dont. butch up guys and race with what you got and try to beat the best. it only make you level of competitvness less when you race against slower guys !!!! think about do you want to soar with eagles or turkys. thats my $1.50
Don's track is way cool, wish it was closer
The pictures don't do it justice. very fun to drive on, thanks again Don & crew

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 11:40 AM   #323
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kt racing

You know it seems that everyone complains about roar and teching all of the cars. But what you don't relize alot of the guys complaining weren't there. If you would have been there you would apprecaite the track and all of the people there that came together to put on such a great even. Granted the teching was a bit of an issue. Everything was the same weather you were mike D. or the average racer. The track was asome. Everyone had to run the same tires, so they can complain about heat all they want but Mike D and pavidis didn't have problems. Every year that goes by things will get better. There are always going to be things for people to complain about. Look at nascar they have been racing for 50 years. And they still have problems. There is always going to be something someone doesn't agree with. You just have to put up with it and race. One last thing about tech. They did catch several people cheating. So it wasn't a total lost cause. In all it was a great even. Just want to say thanks to don hill for putting on a great even. And say thanks for all the help.
Dave it was good meeting you and I will see you at the birds.
kt racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 01:44 PM   #324
Tech Adept

Looking at Mark Pavidis car it seems the top guys tc3'S use custom shock towers or maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me!?
crono man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 02:06 PM   #325
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Mike D

Quote:
Originally posted by crono man
Looking at Mark Pavidis car it seems the top guys tc3'S use custom shock towers or maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me!?
They used the rear tower up front with the outside mounting hole cut off on each side.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 03:23 PM   #326
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Interesting reading guys

On the topic of motor tech...

I can't really comment on the nats in NC because I wasn't there... *Shrug*

BUT, I have been to my fair share of races and have seen that very few venues are really "up to snuff" when it comes to the whole deal. For instance, At the RROC I know alot of guys were running armatures other than the ones they were given at the race. Whether they were standard reedy 19t arms or something not quite so legal is a topic for another day, but my point is that alot of venues don't go the extra mile to mark arms or to inspect them for tampering. At other "Big" races we get to use "magic battery powered scales" that change over the course of the day. I believe that if a race is _supposed_ to be big or prestigious, everything SHOULD be done that can be done. If you've got to spend $50 on a scale that plugs into a wall, please buy it. If you've got to pay someone $7 an hour to engrave 150 stock motors/arms, please do it.

By and large, I don't think that many races are won or lost because of the whole cheater thing, but it does happen. I just don't like to see those who do prosper by cheating slip through the cracks because it was cheaper or more convenient for the race organizers that way.