R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-02-2003, 12:27 PM   #286
Tech Initiate

I've been reading your posts about ROAR and I think there is a missunderstanding of what ROAR is....it's a sanctioning body not a promotions company. They provide the rules for the event and it's up to the race promoter to follow them.
Busta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 12:50 PM   #287
Tech Legend

And its Roar`s duty to inforce the rules , or is it the host track ?

Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 01:32 PM   #288
Tech Initiate

George- It's up to the officals (not necessarily ROAR officials) at the race to insure that those rules are being enforced. There is a very specific fomat that is to be followed by a track that is hosting a ROAR national. It's up to that host track to follow the rules set by ROAR and its members.
Busta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 01:59 PM   #289
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Busta
I've been reading your posts about ROAR and I think there is a missunderstanding of what ROAR is....it's a sanctioning body not a promotions company. They provide the rules for the event and it's up to the race promoter to follow them.
Who said that ROAR should be a promotions company?

I think the main issue was the lack of tech and the disregard of ROAR's own rules. I can't speak too much to that since I wasn't there.

The posts regarding promotion and a national series were really part of a different discussion (at least I think so! haha)
Old 07-02-2003, 02:08 PM   #290
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey I just wanted to say thanks to Don Hill and Brad Johnson and the rest of their crew for putting on a good race and for the hospitality.
Old 07-02-2003, 02:34 PM   #291
Tech Initiate

Default R/C Pro Series

If you are interested in a national series, look at the R/C Pro Series http://www.rcproseries.com/ for gas off-road racing. I am not very familiar with this series, but I think it was started by Mike Dunn, Frosty St. Clair, and Richard Saxton. They set up three divisions for the country; east, west, and central. There are three races in each division and racers can compete in any of them. Then there is a final championship round which is going to be held in OK this year. I think this series is in its second year of competition and it is not affiliated with ROAR.

Last edited by John Patterson; 07-02-2003 at 09:29 PM.
John Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 05:12 PM   #292
Tech Master

question for track owners..

let's say i want a roar natl event next year..
lets say the on road nats..
the track is responsible for radio impound ( 2 people)
tech (4 people)
announcer (2 people)
so i would need to pay 8 people for 3 days of work? plus hotel's for the 8 people? roar gets a cut of the enrty fee correct? the roar members pay 30.00 a year for a rule book and insurance. the track gives roar a percentage of the entry fees for???? the use of roar's name on the event? we have established roar is not responsible to have anyone at the track to inforce rules or tech cars,right? we have also established it's not roars place to promote or advertise the race,right? so it all falls on the track owners hands,right?

if i'm correct on half of this it would mean that the track owner makes 5.00 at the end of the weekend for holding a national event? that is if he pays for a track crew (2 people) tech anouncer and radio impound personel..and maybe a small add or two in a couple of magazines? if a track owner indeed needs to do all this entries would be closer to 200.00 per class if i had my way! lol but it would be first class..all cars teched, radio impound, and track blown off and sugar watered every day and between rounds. oh did i mention i would have the ltest and greatest lap counting system with results on the web after every round with lap times from every heat and main? add another person into the budget for him..now my entry is 225.00 each class... at the end of the event i may make a whopping 1000.00 for 5 days of work @ 14 hours a day that comes to 14.00 an hour? now i ask you where else can you make that kind of money? a man can get rich quick! ahahha
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 11:55 PM   #293
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AMainJay

........so uh, how bout them electric nats, woo!

Its a good thing were staying on topic

"Look, are you gonna listen or no?"
-Alex Navarette
AMainJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 04:57 AM   #294
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wild Cherry -You tell us because your the expert????????
BullFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 05:13 AM   #295
Tech Adept

In Australia the R/C car magazine Racing Lines has a National driver ranking printed in the magazine after each major race meeting. 100 points for 1st, 98 for 2nd 97 for 3rd and so on down. A 2 point difference between 1st & 2nd as a bonus. 5 out of 7 meetings to count I think. Its something that the editor does of his own back so its nothing official or anything but it creates a bit of interest and braging rights between the racers etc.

Maybe some one with a whole lot of spare time could go through the results of major american races and come up with a list.

Its only done in touring car mod and stock as these are our major onroad classes.

gids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 08:10 AM   #296
Tech Addict

Here's my .02

Lets give Fred at Tamiya more work and have Tamiya America host the Nationals.

Looking at the posts in both threads and I found that generally people were really happy at the Reedy Race and the ROAR nat's left a bitter taste in others.

You know Tamiya would market this event and it would give other manufacturers another opportunity to have their cars run at this world-class facility.
gtypecanare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 10:10 AM   #297
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank McKinney
However, using an established set of races is a much better idea than trying to get tracks and sponsorship for a new set of races. What might work is letting the various race teams, magazines and R/C info sites know about the race series and get someone to pay for banners at each race and trophies at the end of the year, then set up a banquet at the last race to hand out the trophies. Get a major magazine to sponsor the series with trophies and coverage and you have the "insert r/c car mag title here National R/C Series", or whatever name you want to come up with.

You'd still have the problem of 99% of big race average drivers not being able to make more than one or two races, but you'd have the start of a race series. After a couple of years it could take off and more regular drivers might start making more of an effort to hit more races.
Frank- that sounds like a bigger version of a normal R/C club except instead of having one location and small indiviual or business sponsors, you have multiple race locations and larger sponsors. Our local club works very similar to this- thre is no ONE person in charge and everyone votes on all changes. It's a club or racers for racers. Our rules basically consists of ROAR's rules but there are a few things we ammend for our club.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 10:47 AM   #298
R/C Tech Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Frank- that sounds like a bigger version of a normal R/C club except instead of having one location and small indiviual or business sponsors, you have multiple race locations and larger sponsors. Our local club works very similar to this- thre is no ONE person in charge and everyone votes on all changes. It's a club or racers for racers. Our rules basically consists of ROAR's rules but there are a few things we ammend for our club.
We had a similar club system that worked for many years, but more recently it is falling apart. Too many people got on to the club's board of directors who all race one specific class, and they generally ignore everybody else and don't want to help with the rest of club. People have been quitting consistently since then, and I think we're just about at the end of the road.

And yea, we're getting way off topic.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:05 AM   #299
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by gtypecanare
Here's my .02

Lets give Fred at Tamiya more work and have Tamiya America host the Nationals.

Looking at the posts in both threads and I found that generally people were really happy at the Reedy Race and the ROAR nat's left a bitter taste in others.

You know Tamiya would market this event and it would give other manufacturers another opportunity to have their cars run at this world-class facility.
George

I'm in favor of the Nats thing at Tamiya HQ, but what does Fred M have to say about it? ROAR would have to put out a considerable amount of cash just to get Fred to look at it.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2003, 11:46 AM   #300
Tech Addict

Talking

Just my thoughts.

But just imagine having another event similiar to the Reedy race at Tamiya America. Not once but twice in one year, plus the TCS regionals and Nationals.

The Reedy Race is like Socal on steroids and outdoors.
gtypecanare is offline   Reply With Quote