R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-30-2003, 08:51 PM   #181
Tech Master

if i find out before you guys i'll let ya know.. i dont think it's cheating if it wasn't a inforced rule? kinda hard to hide a entire touring car? lol maybe they used the c.4 in stock? there 12th scales ran pretty good also?
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:53 PM   #182
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

the corally 1/12 cars have always been good on asphalt, if they would just get rid of their own style rims they would be just as popular as any other 1/12 car.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:54 PM   #183
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
i dont think it's cheating if it wasn't a inforced rule?
This is some of the best racer logic I have ever heard
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:55 PM   #184
Tech Champion

Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 06-30-2003, 09:00 PM   #185
Tech Master

kevin if they ran the assasin all week long and not one person said they were breaking any rules..i ask you how were they cheating? lol but..it is another example of sponsored drivers racing in stock? maybe stock has become or blended with full blown mod now? and we may be arguing over nothing? we have no confirmation that they were allowed to run the assasin in stock do we? step 2 would be to get confirmation step 3 would be to ask if they did run it in stock what was roars take on the subject? than argue about something...sheesh
Old 06-30-2003, 09:04 PM   #186
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

As a matter of fact Michale Bruce was running an earlie prototype of the assasin that Rob Michaels use to run. Rob now has a pre prudiction version that is very close to production. Im not sure of what rules where observed or not. I remember Rob not running stock TC at the carpet nat's because of this same rule in question.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 09:10 PM   #187
Tech Master

thanks for clearing that up pucho...now who is at fault? the racer for being allowed to use it? or roar for not giving a damn? what about proto type parts on the cars? is that allowed?
Old 06-30-2003, 09:10 PM   #188
Tech Champion

Im not arguing anything but if they could run the car with out anybody finding out then whats to stop some guy from running a 19t arm in his stock can? If they are not teching for it or get cought is it really cheating? All Im getting at is ROAR is a major cluster right now and seems to be getting worse IMO. If the Corally guys ran the new cars and nothng was said then there is no problem the track has a big negative mark for lack of rule enforcement and so does ROAR. I know its the host tracks job to have a tech crew but shouldnt there be a ROAR offical there to help out with rule enforcement and if there was one and they ran the car whats up with that?
Old 06-30-2003, 09:15 PM   #189
Tech Master

i agree 100% it would be unfair to everyone else... maybe the car was released 2 weeks ago? could it have been released in europe 2 weeks ago ? would that deem it legal? or did roar realy drop the ball that bad? i hope not....it would real blemish roar at a bad time..
Old 06-30-2003, 09:19 PM   #190
Tech Champion

if the car was released 2 weeks ago then why were they running the prototypes? It seems like ROAR really dropped the ball on this one. As long as the rule still states the 14 day thing that is
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 06-30-2003, 09:36 PM   #191
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to pucho

I will really have to get together with Rob and ask him about it. Maybe they got some kind of clearence form R.O.A.R.? I don't think that Rob and Mike would risk being D.Q. for something like this.
pucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 09:38 PM   #192
Tech Champion

Ok someone go get the rule book

I could ask ROAR if I could ever figure out how to get into the Sgrid let alone find anything or post even....who the heck designed that archaic contraption and why is it still being used and why isnt the guy that runs it not dragged out from behind his Apple IIe that he runs it on so he can get an ass whoopin just for still using that thing.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:41 PM   #193
Tech Champion

I asked on the hobby talk forum, just waiting on an answer.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 06-30-2003, 10:46 PM   #194
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

No need to ask on the forum, simply look at ROAR's website.

2003 Nationals Guidelines (http://www.roarracing.com/rules/pdfs/2003guidelines.pdf) available on this page: http://www.roarracing.com/rules/index.htm

States:

"Only ROAR approved batteries, bodies, and motors may be used. Handout motors will be used in all stock electric classes. Handout tires will be used for all electric Off-Road events. Handout tires must be used for electric Touring Car classes unless foam tires have been selected by the organizer for use at this event. Handouts will be permanently marked with a number that identifies the car and/or driver, and is unique to the event. Vehicles, parts and accessories used in stock classes must be readily available through retail outlets at least 14 days prior to the event. There are no restrictions of parts or accessories (except for batteries, bodies and motors) for open (modified) classes as long as these changes do not alter the vehicle to a point outside of the given vehicle specifications. For open electric touring cars there is a motor limit of a ten (10) turn minimum imposed."

In other words, if anybody ran an Assassin (for example; I hate to keep calling Corally out for this) in the Stock class then they should be (or have been) automatically disqualified.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:50 PM   #195
R/C Tech Founder
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by pucho
I remember Rob not running stock TC at the carpet nat's because of this same rule in question.
I asked Rob the same thing at the Carpet Nats and got the same answer, so I'm sure they are aware of the rule. Before we crucify them on here, are you guys sure that Rob and Mike ran Assassins at this race, and not older Corally cars?