R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-29-2003, 06:08 PM   #136
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here's another.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003nats2.jpg (91.5 KB, 488 views)
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 06:10 PM   #137
Tech Elite

Guess who's winning car this is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003nats3.jpg (76.1 KB, 794 views)
Old 06-29-2003, 06:14 PM   #138
Tech Elite

Amain lineup for Stock Touring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003nats4.jpg (95.8 KB, 458 views)
Old 06-29-2003, 06:16 PM   #139
Tech Elite

The track.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003nats5.jpg (83.7 KB, 448 views)
Old 06-29-2003, 06:16 PM   #140

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Good job Scotty, Fred, and Brad!!
Old 06-29-2003, 06:17 PM   #141
Tech Regular

Default I've heard!

Quote:
Originally posted by robk
Only 160 entries because some people felt that A) the track was too big and B) there were concerns about the moisture on the track. At least that is what i heard from some guys who considered going. I am not saying this was true, as I have never been there , but that is what was expressed to me. Who knows, maybe the wind was blowing the wrong diresction. Rc racers are touchy about a lot of things.
So maybe my source is incorrect but I doubt it. The turn out was sluggish because it was managed correctly. I mean, there are guys literally walking pass tech because tech didn't know what to look for and some weren't even teched! One can mount on whatever tires they choose at when they choose. These two mentioned issue alone is good enough for the experienced racer to take full advantage. I could be wrong but this is from what my brother told me after getting off the phone with some great racers on Friday. Another thing to note, I was told the track owners did what they can and worked their butts off to comply which ROAR did not bother to step in and help at all. Some of the racers almost decided to pack up and leave because of this. I just hope ROAR will do better next time.

Congrats to all the winners and those who endured and participated, I think it can only get better.

Jimmy Fukuyama
Jimmy Fukuyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 06:21 PM   #142
Tech Elite

Mod Amain last set of turns.... and I guess that's all I'll post for now....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003nats6.jpg (76.4 KB, 474 views)
Old 06-29-2003, 06:33 PM   #143
Tech Elite

Well I can say Don (track owner) was trying to please all he could and did his best. Even though I race at this track regularly, I would have thought that Roar might have also helped out more with Teching and all. And I had to correct a few things with Don like min body height and wing height. Things like that. As far as other bitching and moaning like no Sugar water on the track, well it's an even playing field because everyone has to deal with it. If you know how to setup a car, you can make the right adjustments for this. Blah blah blah. Something heard in the pits. RC racers can be the biggest cry babies! haha...

Anyways, a few cheaters were caught. So at least some teching was done. I won't say anything more.... I just enjoy racing RC and will continue. See some of yall at Cleveland...... L8Rz...

Jimmy Mac
Old 06-29-2003, 06:37 PM   #144
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to mike_Webb

you really must be a dunmbass to cheat at a national event. Losers like that deserve to be caught and forfit any right at racing at any big event.

Things like minor Body Hieght and so forth are not that big of a deal...but when using a cheating motor or lwoering your ride height after it had been checked is just wrong.
mike_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 07:01 PM   #145
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Jimmy Mac and everyone else, thanks for the pictures!

Thanks for clearing up the qualifying issue. I too would have to say that it is wacked. Especially since they wanted to avoid the so called "rocket round". To be honest with you, I am disappointed that ROAR once again has grouped all forms of racing when it comes to making rules. The only lucky group is the oval racers, as they have their own group that submits rules to the executive committee.

Time to go voice my opinion to ROAR about how I feel. Anyone know how to figure out that Starting Grid conference?

Congrats to all the winners!!!!

Kraig

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 07:02 PM   #146
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by Wild Cherry
I like the new method of qualiflying...

Every round counts.....

Not just two......

And your results are not base on your best fast time , rather it base on how you did compared to all the others for that round you just ran...

This way if track conditions change you still have the same chance to qualifly .... Cus, if the track gets faster everyone still has to beat each other instead of trying to beat a faster or slower track...

Hats off to Roar !!!

It fair & a better way .....
Yea, I'll remind you that you said that after some guy blocks you and punts you every time you try to pass for 5 straight laps in qualifying and that ONE bad runs knocks you back 2 spots to the B main....

In my opinion, there's just too much room for equipment failures and poor driving on the part of others NOT to drop at least one round. Hell, if we're going to average every round in qualifying, why not record the fastest laps in controlled practice and set the qualifiers up in that order??
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 07:12 PM   #147
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

amen to the lap times. should not go for just the nats. i think most racing should be done that way. i am not against new people on the track by any means but at least the qualifiers would be very well ran with less arguments. you usually do not see many people getting too mad when an experienced driver hacks you. at least not as much as a less accomplished driver repeatedly smacking you. kind of off of the whole roar bashing session but had to put a word in somewhere.
ahsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 07:20 PM   #148
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_Webb
you really must be a dunmbass to cheat at a national event. Losers like that deserve to be caught and forfit any right at racing at any big event.
Mike, you and I look at it that way, but others look at it as a potential for stealing basically. They figure if they win or do really well, they can get sponsorships or possibly even jobs and save themselves a lot of money. All they have to do is cheat a little. These people usually have a poor upbringing and their fathers/parents never tried to explain integrity and self esteem to them. A person who will cheat at r/c racing would most likely cheat on their wives, steal from their work place, and screw their friends in a New York minute.

Myself personally, I wouldn't piss down their throats if their guts were on fire.

With that said, good job to all the racers and non-cheaters. You should feel good for supporting your hobby and doing your best- even if you didn't win. I was reminded today- the fun and the camaradery are worth much more that a bowling trophy.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 07:49 PM   #149
Tech Initiate

There has been a huge discussion on the www.sgrid.com website in regard to the new single-round quali-points system. The gas off-road guys raised such a stink that ROAR allowed that group to go back to using the 'old' quali-points sytem. If you want to have any input in regard to rules you should try getting on the forums on s.grid.

Its an easy conferencing system to use one you register and set up your 'conference hot list'. Use the 'pistachio' set-up, then go to 'list of all conferences' and you will find the ROAR conferences listed. You can go to 'edit conference list' and add in all the forums you are interested in.

Right now most of the conferences and participants are involved in gas on-road and off-road racing. But, there are a couple of conferences where the ROAR president, vice-pres, and other officers participate. You can can answers or feed back almost immediately from these people. If there is enough interest and someone willing to monitor a forum, Mike M. will gladly set up a new conference for particular interest.

I don't know of any other conference system or forum besides sgrid where most of the ROAR officers, executive committee members, regional directors, and members participate.

Ok, here are links to a couple of ROAR forums on sgrid:
Talk to the President http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/bac...?conf=roartalk

ROAR Racers: http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/bac...?conf=roar2003

Last edited by John Patterson; 06-29-2003 at 07:56 PM.
John Patterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 08:06 PM   #150
R/C Tech Founder

I've never liked the s.grid interface at all, I read there from time to time but these vB-style forums are *so* much more user friendly.

Given the amount of racer participation on R/C Tech, I would love to see one or more ROAR officials make an appearance here.

I don't think people want to sit around and rip on ROAR needlessly, but I do think things need to be run differently at these events. I went to the carpet nats and once again, despite the race directors and staff putting on a great show and putting in a ton of work, the race just didn't feel like it was all "there." Too many minor miscues, lack of real tech, etc.

Just my opinions, of course.