Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How is the Novak Rhino??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

How is the Novak Rhino??

I was wondering if the novak rhino is a good choice for a charger, i found one for a good deal, and want something a little better that my duratrax charger(pirhanna) The seller said that it charged at up to nine amps, and am wondering if that it true. Also, eventually i want to upgrade to 3300's, and am wondering if the Rhino can charge them??? O one more thing, does it come with alligator connectors so i could charged hardwired batteries???? I almost forgot something.....can it charge 4 cell batteries, becasue i race 1/12 scale, and 4 cell is all that is used.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by Switch Blade; 06-29-2003 at 08:24 PM.
Old 06-29-2003, 08:43 PM
sup
Tech Addict

i think this charger is discontinued.. am not sure if it charges nimh batts but i think it does not..
Old 06-29-2003, 09:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

dont buy that charger.

It will not charge any NIMH batts (3300s) properly. It was made only for Nicds.Novak's newer Ionic and their Millenium are their chargers that charge NIMHs.

If I were you, I would just go ahead and buy a top charger, such as a Turbo 35, one that discharges, cycles, charges, gives numbers, etc. I wish someone had given me that advise when I was looking for a charger, because a turbo 35 ended up being my charger after ditching 3 other ones...

Super Brain, Duratrax Intellipeak, Integy 16X5, then I finally bought the Turbo 35, and now I am happy, because I know the confirmed numbers on all my batteries, and I can compare them to the cell numbers with a 30 amp discharge. I know which pack to run in the main. Right now, I would not settle for anything less than a turbo 35, because that is what the industry standard is for matching cells (with the turbomatcher by the same company). With a top charger, you always know you can stay competitive. Though some of the lesser chargers will still do fine, I would just go ahead and buy the best, especially in 4-cell racing. Every hundredth of a volt counts!
Old 06-29-2003, 10:44 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Manual for machine is here: Novak PDF

It does 0.5-10A, 4-8 cells.
It was designed before NiMH cells came out for RC.

It did come from factory with alligators, but with a used machine - who knows anymore?
Only person that would know is the Vendor...