Search

What ESCs are you using?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 01:08 AM
oME
Tech Apprentice

Default hara

Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13
i never saw hara use the nosram, only the LRP lately, since he was testing checkpoint's brushless, but from what i remember, he was still using the twister. I like Marc Rheinard better than hara, too bad he doesnt have his own esc, lol
Nope Im sure he uses NOSRAM instead of HARA specially on the last DHI cup and HPI challenge.

SO I SEE IF I HAVE A HARA 2.2 AND IM RUNNING A SILVER CAN MOTOR THE SILVER CAN WILL NOT PERFORM AT ITS FULLEST HAVING THE STOCK SETTINGS OF ATSUSHI HARA WHICH IS FOR MOD. SO WHAT SETTINGS DO YOU SUGGEST FOR THE SILVER CAN AND SPORTS TUNED MOTOR???
Old 01-25-2008, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

Novak GTX is very awesome...and water proof too...
Old 01-25-2008, 02:18 AM
Tech Initiate

LRP Sphere 2007 edition.
Im a total newbie and it took me about 20 seconds to have it up and running.
Cant go wrong with this one.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:37 AM
Tech Elite

SpeedPassion GT esc would be cool and can run both brushed and brushless, alternativ would be Tekin esc's always great quality and performance.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Tech Master

KO VFS-1 I have a hara twister 2.1 and i must say its a great esc. 3 years now and still running awesome. Yes u need some extra stuff... but its worth it all the way. Its so good that I feel its "ordinary". It just works.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

You sure about that?

I've had the "bottle sweat" a.k.a. one drop of water hit my old GTX and poof, did that twice.

Phenomenal speedo, but it isn't waterproof, I've gone through three

Originally Posted by t4m1y4niac
Novak GTX is very awesome...and water proof too...
Old 01-25-2008, 06:59 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

Novak GTB. Performs fantastic with the stock settings, but the size of that thing... Will probably look into something a bit smaller for my 12th scale next fall, when the next indoor season comes.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

yeah, i was thinking about novak, but its just too big, and the 4 cell version is useless because all they did was remove the heatsink, and yet its more expensive. From towerhobbies' website, it says the ICS interface is optional, which one of these is it?

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=KOP61012
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=KOP61009

does anyone know why stock wouldnt work as well with it?
Old 01-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

oh, and how big is the Speedpassion esc?
Old 01-25-2008, 09:54 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

SP GT
Footprint: 44mm x 31.5mm
Overall: 44mm x 36mm x 18.5mm
Weight: 39g (no wires)
Old 01-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ferrarimk13
yeah, i was thinking about novak, but its just too big, and the 4 cell version is useless because all they did was remove the heatsink, and yet its more expensive. From towerhobbies' website, it says the ICS interface is optional, which one of these is it?

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=KOP61012
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=KOP61009

does anyone know why stock wouldnt work as well with it?
The PC interface connects the ESC directly to a serial port on your laptop. You can then use software to alter the configuration with easy to use slide graphs. This can also be used to program Ko servos. This is easiest way as long as you have a laptop you can bring with you...

There is also a new USB version of the adapter, that cost about the same, but is much harder to find...

The Multi Setting adapter is a simple & easily portable hand held device that hooks up to the ESC. It then has a special memory card that tells the device what is being hooked up to it and saves your different configurations. It comes with the card to program VS1 ESCs only. It's more difficult to use because you change values one at a time with a simple number screen, so you must know whats what. And if you want to program your servos, you have to buy the special "servo" card...

As for the stock program on VFS ECUs, I believe they are all specifically optimized for low-turn mod motors. This is because frequency settings for mod motors are much more conservative than stock. If you ran a mod motor with a stock frequency setting, you would quickly destroy both the motor, and the speed control. If you run stock, or high-turn mod in competition, then one of those aforementioned programmers would be ideal so you can turn up the punch...

PS: I run the Tamiya Volac version of the VFS-1 (because I'm a Tamiya nut) in my TA05-R with a CO27-Pro. I have yet to use it in competition, but the car seems really impressive in practice with no ESC tuning whatsoever. I just gotta lengthen the leads for the capacitor to finish it off...

Old 01-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

wow, thanks a lot for the great info. do you know if its hard to program it, or is there preset settings for stock, 19t, and mod? i dont know if ill gethalf the stuff im messing with, but i guess i could learn.
Old 01-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

wow, thanks a lot for the great info. do you know if its hard to program it, or is there preset settings for stock, 19t, and mod? i dont know if ill gethalf the stuff im messing with, but i guess i could learn. and other escs, like the LRP dont need this programming?
Old 01-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

I run a GTX always been very happy with novak.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default what esc?

I am not sure why you would not want a brushed esc. as opposed to a esc. that can do brushed or brushless butt........

If you are looking for a small footprint and a GREAT esc. I will tell you when I ran brushed only i ran the LRP QC2 and It is GREAT. You do not need a seperate programmer to change settings. There is a no trun limit on the motors, and it is waterproof. I can tell you this as I put my car in a storm drain for about an hour and when I got it out of 10' of water it was still lit up. I kid you not this has been the best little esc. i have ever had brushed.

If brushless is what you want I had success with both Novak GTB but a little big and I currently run the LRP Sphere Comp. TC. I am currently looking to try something new and I can tell you my next esc. will be the speed passion GT. It looks super slick and easy to use with it's included program box.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.