R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-27-2003, 01:22 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally posted by fasterdanu
now to motors i think the tamiyas are better if you wanna get serious get a dyno buy about 10 540 motors get the best 3 sell the rest back to other people as brand new just run in then with the 3 you have get a 4v supply constant attach to the battery every ten min add some comm drops not tribo ones more sythetic tribo burns up put a very thick oil in the bushes keep filling them up with oil up at the end take it out blast the crap out of it with motor spary put 1 drop of comm drops you know where and put some triflow (used for luberacation in guns)on each bush (3 drops) run at 8v for 15 sec then its ready to use(do not connect it up directly to 8v) gear it stupidly who cares if you cook it you have 3 and the motors are 10 bucks each each run use
1-2drops of tribo 2drops of triflow on each bush and dont let them get dirrty
drive smooth and win
there you go how to do it legal
fasterdanu,

When you say "gear it to stupidity" what class and type of final drive ratio are you talking about?
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 01:50 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ARC the people who are fast from local here in Seattle all are doing things that are legal it has taken along time to learn and most are hesitant to share. You can ask most of them at local races and they will share but big boards they like to keep the cards close to heart

1. Head games as always in racing they will be there. At TCS NA finals I used new motors when most used their fast old motors and there were alot of rumors on gearboxes, cranking etc. it was good 'ol homework that made 'em fast though

2. well that was answered above in the first part
Old 06-27-2003, 02:32 PM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
so does that make us card players Dan?

Last edited by madjack; 06-27-2003 at 02:57 PM.
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2003, 03:52 PM   #34
Tech Regular

madjack

when i said gear it stupidly i meant that gear it as low as possible i don't bother with all this final drive stuff all i do is figure out what is best for me and the track my driving stlye may be very different from mine requireing a different gearing

so for instance i will start off in practise small spur big pinion there is usually a good starting point for your car. then work from there you wan the most top speed you can without geting bogged down in the corners
have a go u will get it
fasterdanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 01:13 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If your talking Tamiya 540's then the main thing is to water dip them for a good long while.... Ice water works best......

Johnsons...... Stick a screwdriven in there and crank that comm.... probably most everyone else is....LOL

BTW: triing to crank the new Tamiya 540's comm will destroy your motor.....

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:16 AM   #36
Tech Master

Ummm... that's called cheating. Guys, please don't cheat. The class is a lot of fun without the need for that stuff. If you want to be fast in 540, race! There's no substitute for track time.
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 08:17 PM   #37
Tom
Tech Regular

Quote:
Johnsons...... Stick a screwdriven in there and crank that comm.... probably most everyone else is....LOL
its not cheating if you then run the motor in mod($10 mod?), ive seen it done and this car droped about 4 meters over a 50 meter straight to a 10turn, and got laped twice in a 5min race
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 08:20 AM   #38
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Difuser
ARC the people who are fast from local here in Seattle all are doing things that are legal it has taken along time to learn and most are hesitant to share.
Difuser - I can appreciate this. When you’re on to something, you don't always want to put it out there. My general disgust has mostly been with our local club. I have been up against seasoned veterans in the 540 class, and they were much faster than most. Much faster. When asked "one on one" to "share" their secrets, I was told, yes we have tricks and we're not telling you, we want to win. Arg!

I'd like to thank everyone that emailed me their "recipe" for getting a 540 up to snuff, thanks guys! I'd also like to think everyone who put tips and tricks in this thread.

RE: Cranking the comm - this is a bad suggestion I and I do not encourage anyone to do this.
ARC MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:00 PM   #39
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by psycho
That is the key to being fast with 540 motors. It's all about momentum.
Isn't that the key with all racing?

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 01:48 AM   #40
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3

lol i agree with losirob
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 06:12 AM   #41
Tech Fanatic

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Rob
Rob Mincey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 08:06 AM   #42
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ARC MotorSports
Difuser - I can appreciate this. When you’re on to something, you don't always want to put it out there. My general disgust has mostly been with our local club. I have been up against seasoned veterans in the 540 class, and they were much faster than most. Much faster. When asked "one on one" to "share" their secrets, I was told, yes we have tricks and we're not telling you, we want to win. Arg!

I'd like to thank everyone that emailed me their "recipe" for getting a 540 up to snuff, thanks guys! I'd also like to think everyone who put tips and tricks in this thread.

RE: Cranking the comm - this is a bad suggestion I and I do not encourage anyone to do this.
I know who you are talking about
I'm totally agree with you. These so call seasoned veterans whom they really are not good enough to drive a rear 1/10 sedan but they want to win so badly. So what they do is go into the newbie class and whoop newbie ass. When they are asked to move on by the race director, they claim that they only there to help newbie! Talk about shameless act!
Eddie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 11:17 AM   #43
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

BTW: I was only kidding about cranking the comm....however even if you don't wanna think it has been done or is being done at your track today....... I'm sorry to burst your bubble...... some places had to outaw the old Tamiya 540's to avoid this!!!!

Pitman for Team Dallas Austin...
IMPACTPLAYR is offline   Reply With Quote