R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Question about on throttle response.

rdx phi-when starting at a slow speed. as i get on the throttle pretty heavy my car starts to track left. if i ease on the throttle from a slow pace it tracks straight. my guess would be the diff is slipping, would i be correct? or is this a suspension issue? this was running on a tennis court (pretty decent grip) with vintage rubber tires.
im new to the on road sport but a good racer helped me set up my car. so on that end i should be good.
Nuclear Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #2
Tech Elite

might be a diff slipping ... make sure there is no tweek in your car .. also chk your shocks . one might be a little soft causing what your describing .. also make sure you wheel nuts are not too tight . just some things to chk ...also try a diffrent set of tires ,,,,
Old 01-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

i run the car in a vintage series so the tires have to stay the wheel nuts are only snug. my shocks are diaphram type. they are free of air and with the spring removed, when compressed they have 0 rebound. i read some places i should have 1/8th inch rebound. but it seems there referring to emulsion type. and on RC411.com they dont really say. anyone know for sure?
Nuclear Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:43 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If any type of vehicle is pulling to one side under heavy acceleration you really have to go through everything to correct it. Everything must be checked: left/right balance, same length shocks, equal rebound, equal preload, equal toe/camber... anything that is adjustable, needs to be gone through.
gubbs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:46 AM   #5
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclear Dave View Post
rdx phi-when starting at a slow speed. as i get on the throttle pretty heavy my car starts to track left. if i ease on the throttle from a slow pace it tracks straight. my guess would be the diff is slipping, would i be correct? or is this a suspension issue? this was running on a tennis court (pretty decent grip) with vintage rubber tires.
im new to the on road sport but a good racer helped me set up my car. so on that end i should be good.
Thats an easy one.. Your car is tweaked. Basically your cars weight ditribution is not balanced accross your four wheels. I suggest you get someone local to show you how to guage tweak and fix it as it can be hard to understand with just words.