Community
Wiki Posts
Search

losi jrxs type-r or associated tc-5

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default losi jrxs type-r or associated tc-5

hey guys, i narrowed it down to these two cars only because of parts support from my LHS. my question is which car is better suited for out door racing on rubber tires, i'll be racing mostly on asphalt and concrete.Thanks in advanced for opinions.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Dude,

If you are just getting into touring. I would say start with a used belt driven car. Many times you can buy a good used car and alot of spare parts for less than the retail price of the car. Check around locally , then check the froums and ebay for a second-hand car.

Check: TEAM LOSI JRXS TYPE R ONROAD TOURING CAR , isn't that great deal?
Old 01-22-2008, 03:20 AM
Tech Adept

I'd would go with the Losi not the TC5, Losi has a far better and up to date design. Even thought the TC5 is a "new" design for Associated there really isn't anything special about it. Just my .02 cents.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

bring TC 5 to your house
Old 01-22-2008, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+ 1 Vote for the TC-5...
Old 01-22-2008, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkdent
hey guys, i narrowed it down to these two cars only because of parts support from my LHS. my question is which car is better suited for out door racing on rubber tires, i'll be racing mostly on asphalt and concrete.Thanks in advanced for opinions.
Having ran both cars, on carpet with foams and rubber tires and with the new hard parts coming out for the TC5 I would have to go with the TC5.

Later,
Old 01-22-2008, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

You know the losi JRXS Type R " MADE IN AMERICA " (aka USA). If you purchased jrxs, you will easily find jrxs's the replacement parts everywhere hobby shop in USA like Horizon Hobby : JRX-S TYPE R replacement/ hop-up parts, << Click ..

"MADE IN AMERICA" is NUMBER #1 !

Old 01-22-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FARBES
You know the losi JRXS Type R " MADE IN AMERICA " (aka USA). If you purchased jrxs, you will easily find jrxs's parts everywhere hobby shop in USA like Horizon Hobby : JRX-S TYPE R parts, << Click ..

Do you believe that it was truely "Made in America"? I don't think it was totally made here.
Old 01-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

You know the losi JRXS Type R " MADE IN AMERICA " (aka USA). If you purchased jrxs, you will easily find jrxs's the replacement parts everywhere hobby shop in USA like Horizon Hobby : JRX-S TYPE R replacement/ hop-up parts, << Click ..

Trying to sell someone a Type-R and on "made in america" with the Cyclone listed in your signature isn't going to work well. Basically you are saying "Definately the Type-R b/c you can buy mine even though I would really tell you to buy a Cyclone"
Old 01-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default The Revolutionary Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Do you believe that it was truely "Made in America"? I don't think it was totally made here.
Yeti35, Look at site: (click>> The Revolutionary Team Losi JRXS Type-R) saying "Add in the fact that since the Team Losi JRXS Type-R is made in the USA, finding replacement parts is as easy as heading to your local hobby dealer, and you should find exactly what you need right there on their shelves." thats what I read.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by or8ital
Trying to sell someone a Type-R and on "made in america" with the Cyclone listed in your signature isn't going to work well. Basically you are saying "Definately the Type-R b/c you can buy mine even though I would really tell you to buy a Cyclone"
Old 01-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Yeti35, Look at site: (click>> The Revolutionary Team Losi JRXS Type-R) saying "Add in the fact that since the Team Losi JRXS Type-R is made in the USA, finding replacement parts is as easy as heading to your local hobby dealer, and you should find exactly what you need right there on their shelves." thats what I read.
It was designed here but not necessarily all made here. I know they source stuff out overseas. They are all doing it now, including AE.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
It was designed here but not necessarily all made here. I know they source stuff out overseas. They are all doing it now, including AE.
My guess that EA3 crap is made elsewhere, other than that, my vote is a Type R. I didnt care for the TC5 (my personal opinion)
Old 01-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by convikt
My guess that EA3 crap is made elsewhere, other than that, my vote is a Type R. I didnt care for the TC5 (my personal opinion)
Yeah, I am not dissing Losi, hell if you look at me sig I have enough of them!! Just that the Made in USA has no real validity anymore unfortunately.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

I would go with the TC5 for asphalt and the Losi for carpet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.