R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-09-2008, 05:47 PM   #121
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
Do you need both the side and the bottom plate or do you buy just one? I didnt quite understand from the website.
The bottom plate locks the battery to the chassis. The side weight adds the remaining weight needed to make balance. You'll need either the inserts combined with the universal side weight, or for TC5 the base plate and a 2.5 oz weight or best yet, 3.0 -4.75 universal weight to remove 100% of the battery side weight for perfect balance.

You'll need 1mm minimum clearance to run the 3.0 base plate on a non TC5 TC.

You need figure out about how much weight you need to make up...bottom line. It varies depending on chassis and battery. What chassis and battery are you running?
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 06:18 PM   #122
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ordered my stuff today
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 07:18 AM   #123
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am running the TC5 with the carbon edition of the Orion 3200 and 3600.

Note: We have a very small group of racers at my local track so the heats are run quicker than I can charge my lipo back up.

Right now I have the stick on lead weights all over the chassis and battery to balance it out. Looks so hack I am ashamed to take the body off. I am looking forward to something different.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #124
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ordered mine today. Cant Wait.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #125
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I saw one of these today and it looked fantastic. It was installed on a TC5, I tried it on my Penguin TA05 chassis though and it fit. Once I switched from my Carbon 3200s I will definately be looking into this.
or8ital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #126
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
I saw one of these today and it looked fantastic. It was installed on a TC5, I tried it on my Penguin TA05 chassis though and it fit. Once I switched from my Carbon 3200s I will definately be looking into this.
I'm selling lots of the 2.5 oz plates for the TA05's ar SIR. In fact I need to drop off more. They are mounting the side weight directly under the 3600 type LiPo's and getting very close balance with nothing else, and getting 2.5 oz right on the chassis where it's most effective.

Shame to put that nice polished look underneith the battery, but for $14.60 it makes a balance plate that will outlast all your batteries.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #127
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
This piece would also slide into my 415MRE if you dremel out clearance for the motor brace. However, the rear bulkhead and top deck may cause clearance issues with lipo packs. Those are my findings so far. Enjoy....

Anyone try this in the 415MRE or TA05? I really like the looks of this but not sure about the top deck clearance for the TRF415 MRE. I have orion 4800's if that makes a dif or not.

SPECS: Length: 5.4" (137.5mm)
Width: 1.8" (45mm)
Height: .91" (23mm)
Weight: 10oz (285g)

I am not sure if I need to go with the stainless steel inserts or if I can use this or not. Any advice before I put in my order?
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #128
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
This piece would also slide into my 415MRE if you dremel out clearance for the motor brace. However, the rear bulkhead and top deck may cause clearance issues with lipo packs. Those are my findings so far. Enjoy....

Anyone try this in the 415MRE or TA05? I really like the looks of this but not sure about the top deck clearance for the TRF415 MRE. I have orion 4800's if that makes a dif or not.

I am not sure if I need to go with the stainless steel inserts or if I can use this or not. Any advice before I put in my order?
Old 02-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #129
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT View Post
Verndog, have you considered making these mounts for offroad 4WD buggies that use lipo saddle packs? ie B44, BJ4, D4, TRF501X, etc?
Sorry...never got around to your answer. I plan a trip to TRCR to check out some offroad applications. I've not raced there but have a couple of friends that are in "the offroad know", to help guide me toward the popular chassis that may need weight and mounts. I've had a couple B44 requests so I'll look into it. Prob. be several weeks before I know more since I'm trying to get supplies up on what I'm carrying now...but people keep ordering the darn stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post

Those 2 chassis are quite different from each other are they not? Many people are just getting theirs as 7 more shipped out today.

As I posted, people are putting the 2.5oz plate dirrectly under the battery on TA05 and very near balance with just that (I've been told). It fits into the chassis channel and barely raises the battery at all. If its the chassis I'm thinking of, I doubt the machined 3.0 oz base plate would fit. Isn't it a curved plastic chassis??
Old 02-11-2008, 07:02 PM   #130
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Those 2 chassis are quite different from each other are they not? Many people are just getting theirs as 7 more shipped out today.

As I posted, people are putting the 2.5oz plate dirrectly under the battery on TA05 and very near balance with just that (I've been told). It fits into the chassis channel and barely raises the battery at all. If its the chassis I'm thinking of, I doubt the machined 3.0 oz base plate would fit. Isn't it a curved plastic chassis??
Yep it's plastic and curved a bit at the ends of the battery. I guess I am looking more to find out if this would fit the TRF415 MRE since that will be my main car. I just thought it would be a no brainer if it fit both. I just am not sure will only be able to use the stainless steel inserts... I am hoping I can use the other for the 415 so I dont need to put the inserts on every lipo...
Old 02-11-2008, 07:05 PM   #131
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Sorry...never got around to your answer. I plan a trip to TRCR to check out some offroad applications. I've not raced there but have a couple of friends that are in "the offroad know", to help guide me toward the popular chassis that may need weight and mounts. I've had a couple B44 requests so I'll look into it. Prob. be several weeks before I know more since I'm trying to get supplies up on what I'm carrying now...but people keep ordering the darn stuff.

Cool. Can't wait for some B44 products. Helpful info, you'll probaby want to position the weight plates towards the center of the chassis, between the saddle packs. That's where most of the available room is, and offroad cars usually want to keep the weight centered and as low as possible. If you had a way to shift the weights for/aft, that would be a cool tuning option.
Serpent S411 Eryx 4.0 USGT
Team Serpent America and Desoto Racing
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:22 PM   #132
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT View Post
Cool. Can't wait for some B44 products. Helpful info, you'll probaby want to position the weight plates towards the center of the chassis, between the saddle packs. That's where most of the available room is, and offroad cars usually want to keep the weight centered and as low as possible. If you had a way to shift the weights for/aft, that would be a cool tuning option.

Actually I do. I was talking to someome at SIR about that exact issue, he told me the same thing.
I have an awesome way to adjust front to rear weight.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:46 PM   #133
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey Kevin, I need (4) of the side plates with SCHUMACHER on them

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:00 PM   #134
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Hey Kevin, I need (4) of the side plates with SCHUMACHER on them
Sorry...I dont "do purple".

Really though. I have some blanks coming that you can add your own emblem / decals on, should be done by Thursday...posssibly sooner. I cant possibly engrave all the different manufacturers as you know. There has to be some good sticker sheets out there that can do the custom job aren't there?

JB have you tried the inserts or base plate to see if either will clear without moding the bulkheads like Ritchie did??
Old 02-11-2008, 08:31 PM   #135
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

jaybee, your such a gober,, why engrave the plate that goes on the inside of the battery, no one will see it.

kevin, you think a thropy shop engraver could cut the stainless??
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote