R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #166
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Holy cow! You rally racing that thing! That car is Dirty!!

Yes! I just ran it in the baja 1000! I was waiting for someone to say that... The track out here in Vegas is very dusty! Didn't get a chance to clean it before trying the lipo plate, couldn't wait to try it!

Sparrowhawk XT, TC5, T4, SC10, Tek18X, Exotek R18, MGT Truggy
RC8E CC2200KV AE/RCM Conversion
RC8T CC2200KV AE Conversion
Jamie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #167
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thank you guys...glad they're working out for everyone.

I'm working with Diggity Designs on another option for not mounting the base to pack. They just came out with a TC5 carbon fiber brace / LiPo trap that mounts to the 2 battery strap holes. We got to talking an decided to see if we could work together because they had no weight options. I got one mounted up last night after racing and looks like this is another great TC5 option.

This brace will help save costs on people wanting to run several packs and not have to buy additional bases since the base gets trapped under the carbon trap. Also opens up options to run those packs on multiple cars easier since now the base is not fixed to the pack.

There is an adjustment that has to be made and we will be working on that before this is ready for multiple LiPo pack varieties...I'll keep this thread updated, and prob. will link up their carbon trap on my site once we get final configutation ironed out.

Here's a couple of pics of the setup.

Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:30 PM   #168
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

yep, thats what i was talking about, looks really clean and cool, now just make me up a Mi3 setup.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:50 PM   #169
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
yep, thats what i was talking about, looks really clean and cool, now just make me up a Mi3 setup.
Ritchie..
I'm hoping Diggity will expand their carbon traps for other chassis. I dont plan to build the carbon pieces since someone is now doing that, and its not practical to build from hard metal or even aluminum since material and machine time would be too expensive compared to carbon.

They just need to mod the outer profile and hole pattern / slot for other chassis and its a done deal. We're definately on to something here, especially for the real tight chassis like the MI3 and T208.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #170
Tech Champion

i meant for you AND diggity to hook up the Mi3.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:30 PM   #171
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ohh yeah..

I received my EZ-Lipo this week. All I can say is its the best money I've ever spent in RC period. Verndog has outdone himself. A must for anyone using a lipo. I'm using a Peak Racing 4800. Fits perfect.

Chad
ChadL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #172
Tech Master

Thank you Chad...glad we could help.

Just got another run in and ran some blank universal plates since people have been asking about customizing. First step is "do it your way" so people can add their own emblem, or custom engrave if you so wish.

Here is a shot of a TC5 stock sticker sheet decal on a polished stainless steel blank...looks pretty sweet. They are a little less $$ since I save engrave time

Old 02-18-2008, 02:11 AM   #173
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
i meant for you AND diggity to hook up the Mi3.
All I need are some dimensions for the mounting holes and I can make a plate for the Mi3, the one for the TC5 might already work out?..

Verndog, replied to your PM.. The combo looks sweet!! Im doing that little change you mentioned in your PM and will be posting some pics on Monday..

Damon
Old 02-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #174
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just got my set today.... looks very nice. I'll be installing them shortly. I'm gluing my graphite lipo brace

[email protected]

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #175
Tech Fanatic

Got my PPD base plate today! Thanks for hookup Kevin... Im working on getting it installed with the new offset CF LIPO brace and will be posting some pics in a bit!

Damon
Old 02-22-2008, 11:49 PM   #176
Tech Fanatic

Here is the PPD base plate mounted with the new offset to the inside (to allow for plug wires to clear) Diggity brace. This new brace will be available on our website. You will need to use 2 - .030 shims to lift the brace so its flush with the PPD brace and then you got a secure mount for your LIPO and the base plate gives you that needed weight! If you need more weight just use the side weight plate!

Old 02-23-2008, 06:46 AM   #177
Tech Master

Diggity,

Awesome work. How much clearance do you have between the center shaft and that corner/edge of the battery? Can you throw up some pics with the wires in? Also can you take a couple shots with the terminals towards the front of the car with the wires pluged in? I think the positive terminal will interfere with the top deck but i just wanted to see how it looks.

Thanks for the innovative products and the quick design work
Old 02-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #178
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbt3 View Post
Diggity,

Awesome work. How much clearance do you have between the center shaft and that corner/edge of the battery? Can you throw up some pics with the wires in? Also can you take a couple shots with the terminals towards the front of the car with the wires pluged in? I think the positive terminal will interfere with the top deck but i just wanted to see how it looks.

Thanks for the innovative products and the quick design work

I will try to get some pics up tonight. There is plenty of room between the layshaft and the corner of the battery. As for mounting the wires to the front, Im not sure that will even work..

Damon
Old 02-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #179
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Diggity,

Did you allow more clearance this time to fit other model of lipos? I thought originally you were pretty much Orion only. Will the CORE, Checkpoint 5400, and new SMC packs work?

Thanks and nice work to the both of you!
Old 02-23-2008, 08:42 PM   #180
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove View Post
Diggity,

Did you allow more clearance this time to fit other model of lipos? I thought originally you were pretty much Orion only. Will the CORE, Checkpoint 5400, and new SMC packs work?

Thanks and nice work to the both of you!
Yes, all of those packs should now fit!

Damon