Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

double post.

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:39 PM   #152
Tech Elite

That sucks. The only lipo pack(s) what will fit the car no issues are the Orion 3200 and "maybe" the SMC 4000. I ran the 3200carbon packs in my MRE. The deep groove in the 3200 packs just slide under the rear bulkhead "humps". But you can not use the EZ-lipo plate on this car with that pack. The EZ-lipo plate "may" work with the SMC 4000 pack. What you could do is order the stick pack conversion kit for $100. It will give extra clearance. I can not guarantee it will solve your issues. You would need to ask this in the TRF415 thread. But it's worth a shot if you are "stuck" with this car and those packs. How much you buy the car for? I'm selling my MRE $220 shipped. Here is the kit.

http://shopping.rcmodel.hk/product_i...ducts_id=11080

TamiyaUSA web link

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=49436

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 02-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #153
Tech Adept

Default Oh Yeah!

First of all, Verndog is the man! Thanks for getting it to me so quickly!

I just got my lipo plate today and mounted up my new Maxamps 6000HV 2S2P. I am using their optional "skins" so I can mount the plates to the skin instead of the pack. I can now easily throw the pack into another vehicle without removing the servo tape from the plates. I had to trim the battery holder a tad so I could route the wires but no biggie. I also used a little electrical tape to hold the side plate secure, because the skins are a kinda of flimsy. I just drove my car for the first time with the lipo, and holy smokes what a difference! I highly recommend this setup to anyone!
Attached Thumbnails
PPD EZ-LiPo --TC5 and beyond LiPo mounting Solution.-lipo2.jpg   PPD EZ-LiPo --TC5 and beyond LiPo mounting Solution.-lipo3.jpg   PPD EZ-LiPo --TC5 and beyond LiPo mounting Solution.-lipo4.jpg  

Sparrowhawk XT, TC5, T4, SC10, Tek18X, Exotek R18, MGT Truggy
RC8E CC2200KV AE/RCM Conversion
RC8T CC2200KV AE Conversion

Last edited by Jamie007; 02-13-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Jamie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 08:39 PM   #154
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie007 View Post

I just got my lipo plate today and mounted up my new Maxamps 6000HV 2S2P. I am using their optional "skins" so I can mount the plates to the skin instead of the pack. I can now easily throw the pack into another vehicle without removing the servo tape from the plates. I had to trim the battery holder a tad so I could route the wires but no biggie. I also used a little electrical tape to hold the side plate secure, because the skins are a kinda of flimsy. I just drove my car for the first time with the lipo, and holy smokes what a difference! I highly recommend this setup to anyone!
Now there is a new idea! How much does that 6000 pack weigh? People that are converting are finding out what I did after alot of testing and playing with scales....proper weight placemant can make a difference.

Glad we could help with your solution...now....go have some awesome 1/2 hr. runs with that...and BTW, you'll now need a LiPo for your transmitter.
Verndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #155
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verndog View Post
Now there is a new idea! How much does that 6000 pack weigh? People that are converting are finding out what I did after alot of testing and playing with scales....proper weight placemant can make a difference.

Glad we could help with your solution...now....go have some awesome 1/2 hr. runs with that...and BTW, you'll now need a LiPo for your transmitter.
According to maxamps, its supposed to weigh 297g (10.6oz), I don't have the proper scales to test the balance of the car yet, but working on it.

Sparrowhawk XT, TC5, T4, SC10, Tek18X, Exotek R18, MGT Truggy
RC8E CC2200KV AE/RCM Conversion
RC8T CC2200KV AE Conversion
Jamie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:27 PM   #156
Tech Fanatic

Got mine today, thanks. I am little concerned about loosing the side piece though. It is not real solid with the servo tape i used. Especially since the 3600 can move a lot using the graphite hold down. Should i switch to taping them in? I also think i am going to epoxy the 2 pieces together just to be safe. Very good work though, i matches the cell cut outs perfect.
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #157
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf View Post
Got mine today, thanks. I am little concerned about loosing the side piece though. It is not real solid with the servo tape i used. Especially since the 3600 can move a lot using the graphite hold down. Should i switch to taping them in? I also think i am going to epoxy the 2 pieces together just to be safe. Very good work though, i matches the cell cut outs perfect.
Just put Shoe-goo on the side piece...clean both surfaces well and put dabs of goo on both parts to be safe.

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #158
Tech Fanatic

There you go. Dont know why i did not think of that!
Old 02-13-2008, 11:13 PM   #159
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf View Post
I'm not sure which plate you got, was it the flat 2.5 or the universal 3.0 -4.75 ? In either case, with the Orion type that is curved, put a thin strip on top and bottom edge leaving the center more open. Do that at each end and the center. Good servo tape will not come of if both surfaces are clean prior to bonding. In fact you should have a bit of a tough time removing it.

AS JB pointed out a bit of Shoe Goo could add security, but I've seen an Orion pack taped that was quite secure.

Also, the base plate should be secured to the bottom of the battery, and you'll have zero movement.
Use double thick servo tape between the humps, per directions...should be very secure when done this way.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:24 PM   #160
Tech Master

Quote:
According to maxamps, its supposed to weigh 297g (10.6oz), I don't have the proper scales to test the balance of the car yet, but working on it.
Not sure about your electronics, but money says your well within 1oz.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:59 PM   #161
Tech Fanatic

Actually i am trying not to mount them to the battery. I misunderstood the instruction i think and mounted the side place to the bottom plate. In any case that way i dont have to do anything when i switch packs out. I like the shoe goo idea and dont really think the plate even needs to be mounted to the chassis, its fits the slots that well.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:11 AM   #162
Tech Initiate

Got my side plates yesterday, WOW they look good. Plus extra protection for my lipo's. More people in my area will be buying them for sure. Verndog you do grate work.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #163
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Got mine today, thx Verndog! Well done man
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:12 AM   #164
Tech Elite

Quote:

Holy cow! You rally racing that thing! That car is Dirty!!

Yokomo YRX12
Tamiya TB03
Old 02-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #165
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Verndog is the man. You gotta get one of these. I will take pics of mine once I get them installed tonight. I have the need to swap LiPo packs between heats. Our racetrack runs a tight ship and on the nights we run our club races there is not enough time between heats to recharge the battery.

So what i am going to try is some brass strap bent into an L shape. Servo tape 3 of those onto the bottom and side plate. To hold the battery from slipping I am going to use some self sticking hook and loop (velcro). Not sure if the graphite bar will fit over all of this so I may have to use battery strap to hold it all in.

I really love the pieces. This stuff is nicely done and is well worth the investment.