Wiki Posts
Search

New Brushless ESCs for 2008?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 01:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default New Brushless ESCs for 2008?

Hi all!
Any news on brushless escs? The racing season will beggin in a couple of months. I'm looking for new products form LRP, Orion, KO Propo. Do you have any info, spyshots etc?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

You may want to look at the Speed passion GT ESC even though it wasn't on your list. This new competition speedo seems very interesting. More about it in here
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=200179

While testing the GT in our 1/12 car I am too expecting something new to come out from the more established brands.
For example LRP is still selling the sphere comp 2007 edition as their top offering for 1/12. The esc came out over year ago and there are no official upgrades to it since. Rumours about upgraded software etc. don't count.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I saw someone post that Novak would be making a new product announcement soon. I suspect next for them is a smaller brushless ESC. Not sure how reliable that info was though.

Tekin of course is going to be coming out with the RS esc but Im guessing wont make 2008 on that if it follows the pattern of the R1.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Small UK company MRT are working on a waterproof brushless ESC, certainly won't be out for the beginning of this season but might be worth keeping an eye out for i future.

Skiddins
Old 01-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital

Tekin of course is going to be coming out with the RS esc but Im guessing wont make 2008 on that if it follows the pattern of the R1.

Sad....... but probably true