Community
Wiki Posts
Search

speed tips,and ect...

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation speed tips,and ect...

diff and bearing speed tip and still stay lubed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
guys i have been tring this out for a year and wanted to make sure it was successful before i mentioned it. well when i put my tc3 together last year.i lubed the gears in the gear box and all the bearings with this stuff that is far better than grease or any silicone grease. this lube has ran and ran hard for a year now. i just took out my bearings and the gear box apart.and wow!!!!!! no scaring or sign of wearing at all,this is awesome, i spun the bearings and took the sleve out to see them and still like brand new...so never the less if you don't have this stuff go get some....now. what is it u ask? well, i tell you.... it is liquid teflon.the same stuff you put on your mtn bike , race bike,ect. go to you nearest bike shop.and ask for liquid teflon ,it comes in a black plastic bottle and its called TRI FLOW.and this will last for a long time...so put it on your stock motors bushings, mod motors bearings, in ball cups, ball ends.any where there is friction.DO IT...................and remember who told ya.this tip....your friend and fellow racer. carpet_killa.
Old 12-19-2001, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default and to add

some have asked about paragons stuff, but i am not sure about paragons stuff. but the TRI FLOW teflon lube i am talking about does not slow nothing. squirt some on your fingers and rub them together.then wipe them off on your old shirt, and rub your fingers again. still slippery!!! this comes in two sizes 1 thats about 4oz bottle and another thats about 12oz. i bought the small one and i still have about half left after a year of using it on every thing.
Old 12-19-2001, 11:43 PM
Tech Master

I have heard from others that stuff works REALLY good. I may have to go give it a try.
Old 12-20-2001, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

OR try WHITE LIGHTNING...same stuff, racier name....LOL
Old 12-20-2001, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default reply

yes, white lightning is the same i think my buddy bouht some at walmart.

i won, and u lost!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2001, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

I have been using the stuff for a long time now I don't like it for off-road, it goes away too quick. Even in TC bearings, I find you have to re-lube them often, becasue it does fade away. I use some stuff called molybdinum (sp). It is a grease that has super low friction, and i find it works very well in certain places. I have two kinds, a black kind and some white stuff which is 50 bucks for a container the size of a peanut butter jar. The white stuff works excellantly in the outdrive bearing on my XXX.
Old 12-22-2001, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

i open up my bearings and wiped out all the manufacturers grease then i soak it in 5w fully sintetic engine oil and then replace the seal with the oil still in it .... i have been using it for almost 2 years and theres no signs that any bearing is a gonner...
hehe
Old 12-23-2001, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

Default reply

well thats cool.
Old 12-23-2001, 03:40 AM
Tech Adept

did mine using 5wt fully synthetic engine oil too....it's still very good after 3months ...but gonna try the liquid teflon
Old 12-23-2001, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

hehe i actually notice the difference after using the engine oil on my bearings .... my car LOOKS TIMED AND FELT faster ....
heres the setup on how i felt the diffrence

mabuchi 27 turn stock motor ( one that usually coe with beginers car like tamiya's Tl01 )
spur 108
pinion 50
Final drive ratio 4.8

did not burn motor

chasing a 12 turn