R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-06-2008, 12:47 PM   #61
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

There is a post somewhere here on RCTech where Julian from Trakpower stated that a mistake was made and the wrong cells were used in the Checkpoint. They offered anyone that purchased a Checkpoint that was advertised as 20C to send it back to Trakpower and they would exchange it for a 25C Trakpower free of charge, or let you keep the Checkpoint and sell you a Trakpower at 50% off.

I assume they have changed all of their ads to reflect the actual cells used, hence Towers "new" description of 16C.

I applaud Trakpower for their honesty and willingness to remedy the situation.

Hope this helps.
Stetler17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #62
Tech Rookie

So are you saying the only place this was ever listed as 20C was on the tower hobby web site? If that is true, all the bad mouthing directed at Check point shuld have been directed at tower.
mony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mony View Post
So are you saying the only place this was ever listed as 20C was on the tower hobby web site? If that is true, all the bad mouthing directed at Check point shuld have been directed at tower.
word
racingboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:20 PM   #64
Tech Adept

I can appreciate your loyalty to Checkpoint. However, you do realize Tower, Checkpoint and Trakpower are all Great Planes companies right?

It was listed several places that they were 20C. I only referenced Tower because someone posted the Tower information a few post back.

And for the record, posting honest information and/or data is not considered bashing.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #65
Tech Rookie

I totally agree with being honest cause I also want to know what I am buying But you are the one who said "What really shocked and annoyed me the most is their claim of a 20c cell". When you said "their claim", did you not mean "Check Point"? Did you ever think maybe, just maybe some body made a mistake?

I still havn't seen 20c listed anywhere. I will take your word for it that is was on Tower but they now have it as 16C. Can you tel me where those "several other places" are that you seen it listed as 20C?
Old 04-15-2008, 10:56 AM   #66
Tech Rookie

It's been over a month and no reply. Hmmm. Maybe Mark (aka Stetler17) likes to exagerate a bit.

I'm guessing he saw it listed as 20C on the Tower web site and nowhere else but chose to exagerate his claim of seeing it in several places. It is people like him that make these forums worthless.
Old 04-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #67
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

http://www.trakpower.com/index.asp?p...s/products.asp

click on TP5400 2 cell and then click specs.

If you check Trakpower's website you will see that the CONTINUOUS discharge is 16c = 86.4 amp, and the MAX BURST is at 25c = 135 amp.

Should be the exact same battery, only re badged.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #68
Tech Adept

Yes, my name is Mark. Obviously you know me but I have no idea who you are or why you think what I posted is an issue. No problem.

When a top executive of the company involved states on a public forum that they made a mistake and are willing to refund or exchange product I feel that that pretty much ends any arguement of whether or not an issue existed. Had they defended themselves, as you are, with a "we never said that" stance then you or I may have an issue. In my opinion an admission of guilt or wrong doing, mistake or otherwise, is case closed. Move on.

I have stated before that I feel Trakpower did a very noble thing in making it right with anyone that chose to take them up on their offer. You are not helping their business one bit by trying to flame me and keeping this post alive. I'm sure they are selling tons of these batteries and would like this past issue to just go away, as it should.