Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Novak or LRP Brushless Motor...What Rotor?? >

Novak or LRP Brushless Motor...What Rotor??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak or LRP Brushless Motor...What Rotor??

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 11:34 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Novak or LRP Brushless Motor...What Rotor??

FINALLY getting into the whole new wave of motor stuff and trying to figure out what motors people seem to find the best currently. I am looking at a 13.5 motor but don't know what brand? I hear people say the Novak is better and can be geared better, and some say LRP is the way to go. Really looking for any input.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Uga
Tech Regular

Take in consideration also Orion and Speedpashion I love my Vortex! You really can't go wrong with any of those 4.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
FINALLY getting into the whole new wave of motor stuff and trying to figure out what motors people seem to find the best currently. I am looking at a 13.5 motor but don't know what brand? I hear people say the Novak is better and can be geared better, and some say LRP is the way to go. Really looking for any input.
my only advice is to make sure you have a sintered rotor in there. Novak and LRP are both good. Dont own a Team Orion or Speedpassion.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The Speed Passion gear is right there with the rest ahvum.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Company Representative

If you plan to race under the upcoming ROAR Stock/Super Stock rules, make sure that the rotor size conforms to the new rules: 24.4mm +/- 0.11mm. Novak rotors are legal with 23.5mm diameter.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

With ROAR brushless motor rules upcoming, be sure that you are using a legal motor if your track requires it (which it probably will).
Old 01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default novak or lrp

I currently run a novak 13.5 SS and I have ran against LRP and speedpassion. The speedpassion was rite there speed wise but the lrp was not, but i don't think the lrp had a sintered rotor that raced against us. He went back to the novak ss the very next race.

I gear the heck out of my motor and it takes all i give it and I have never exceeded 150 on a hot day out on a florida track after a 6 minute main.

I have seen several 10.5 orions and they seem fast but never raced against a 13.5 orion.

My picks would go like this
1.novak or speedpassion (as i own both)
2. orion
3. lrp (if you add a sintered rotor the lrp would probably be tied for second with the orion)

I think it is kind of like Honda or Toyota you can't go wrong no matter what you choose. They are all quality products and it comes down to personel preference.

Good Luck