Girls Gone Wild of R/C?

Old 01-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #62
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Number one thing:

Car of the WEEK!

the price of bodies, don't make me laugh, try the PRICE OF A NEW CAR EVERY SIX MONTHS

You want more racers this is THE fix.

Make an approval waiting period....
I agree that the price of kits is WAY out of control, and the rate that kits pour out the doors is just as bad, but what can ROAR really do about it?

We'll NEVER see a approval waiting period for kits. Never! First because for these companies, R/C isn't just a hobby, its a business. And telling a business to "hold on to" a product that could instantly make quarterly profits positive, is not good. Also, because to develop new kits, teams have to test new stuff. And if people see a team driver using a part, or worse...a whole kit, that they can't have until the next approval period comes around, racers will throw fits!

As for the price, lets face it, theres still the mentality in R/C that the more you pay for a kit, the higher the quality is. If you tell someone your car cost $150, they will INSTANTLY ask "how much do you have to spend to make it 'competitive' against the $430 cars". So knowing that as a business, why not make a car and charge $430 for it, knowing it will garner instant repect from people in R/C, just because it cost so much.

Besides, nobody is making people get new cars every six months. Just because a new car comes out doesn't mean people have to buy it. But much like the "cost more=better" mentality in R/C, theres also the "new=better" mentality. And ROAR can't regulate common sense and fiscal responsibility. Sometimes people have to use those all on their own.