R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

well he just missed the show at the Novak in mod....

hmmm, oh well...so much for that example...

AE - Reedy - LRP - Hobby Velocity - XP Digital - JConcepts
Maybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #47
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by onroad_racer View Post
That is exactly it. How can a non-factory driver compete with one run foam tires? The cost is just insane. Most of the guys winning the stock races need to move on. They have reached their peak in that class.
....factory sandbaggers need to move to mod.......stock and super stock need to be for the new guy.....everyone says they want new blood in the sport but no one has done anything about it till now.........GO DAWN........
Taylorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #48
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you want to run with the big dogs - run mod - it's that easy. With brushless technology it much easier and cost effective.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #49
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorm View Post
....factory sandbaggers need to move to mod.......stock and super stock need to be for the new guy.....everyone says they want new blood in the sport but no one has done anything about it till now.........GO DAWN........
Super stock is not for the new guy. Way too fast. Stock should be for the newbie and or up and coming racer and not the guys that keep on winning.
onroad_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:25 PM   #50
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

let me play devil's advocate for a minute. I used to run mod all the time, as more and more people went to 19T or even stock what am I supposed to do? run stock and then when a nats comes up throw in the mod since I'm a seasoned veteran? I'd get smoked since I don't get to run mod anymore on the local level. It's going to take a whole mind set change to get mod racing back on the local scene. Hopefully with this new rule more "pro stock" guys will run mod, or even 19T, locally.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:37 PM   #51
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Matt: you could run stock and still probably beat some of the mod guys Its cause you're sick fast too. Anyway dont you think you guys will keep running 13.5 which will be the super stock anyway. I cant really see myself running a 17.5 every weekend, plus I have too many 13.5s to just go over to 17.5 racing.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:39 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMarker View Post
Matt: you could run stock and still probably beat some of the mod guys Its cause you're sick fast too. Anyway dont you think you guys will keep running 13.5 which will be the super stock anyway. I cant really see myself running a 17.5 every weekend, plus I have too many 13.5s to just go over to 17.5 racing.
You're an A Main guy now Marker....off to Mod with you! :P
Old 01-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #53
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
let me play devil's advocate for a minute. I used to run mod all the time, as more and more people went to 19T or even stock what am I supposed to do? run stock and then when a nats comes up throw in the mod since I'm a seasoned veteran? I'd get smoked since I don't get to run mod anymore on the local level. It's going to take a whole mind set change to get mod racing back on the local scene. Hopefully with this new rule more "pro stock" guys will run mod, or even 19T, locally.
I remember those mod days at etown. Matt pulling up in his focus running a yokomo. Dialed. good memories
Old 01-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs View Post
I remember those mod days at etown. Matt pulling up in his focus running a yokomo. Dialed. good memories
yup yup, running a 10double in my TC with 2000mah packs for a whole 5 minutes, those were the days. I'm an old washed up hasbeen now See you in Omaha in march buddy
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 01-16-2008, 08:44 PM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I remember when the stools at Slot car tracks were as tall as Cuffs....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #56
Tech Master

Lol yeah its been a long time, hopefully i can make it matt.

Race place thats where it all started for me, gearbox oval outside and 12th scale oval upstairs. The smell of tq8 was everywere
Old 01-16-2008, 08:51 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Yo Matt wasup Killa" Remember back in the E-town days indoor carpet we had those epic 1/12th scale battles back n forth on that small track running Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
yup yup, running a 10double in my TC with 2000mah packs for a whole 5 minutes, those were the days. I'm an old washed up hasbeen now See you in Omaha in march buddy

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #58
Tech Master

with the hallmarks
Old 01-16-2008, 08:53 PM   #59
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike ivy View Post
Yo Matt wasup Killa" Remember back in the E-town days indoor carpet we had those epic 1/12th scale battles back n forth on that small track running Mod
mod 1/12 on a 30 foot straight how'd we ever do it?
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Old 01-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #60
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs View Post
with the hallmarks
I'll never forget the cake they got for Ivy's birthday at Etown, it had all kinds of "adult" decorations on it
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361