R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-16-2008, 12:38 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Awesome stuff here. Glad to see you took my PM seriously Dawn. Thanks for all of your efforts and the rest of the folks involved.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I guess this works at roar races, but that's only 1 or 2 races a year for onroad. unless all the other "BIG" races adopt this practice status quo is basically the same.

All the same interesting move...
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Looks like a great dog fight for 2nd....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post
I guess this works at roar races, but that's only 1 or 2 races a year for onroad. unless all the other "BIG" races adopt this practice status quo is basically the same.

All the same interesting move...

The big races will listen to the racers. We need to push the big races to use the new rules. Same for club racing.
Unregistered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:11 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Default roar stock class rule change

hey all:I'm guessing what this new rule will be trying to do is get the "factory" sponsored drivers that have more skill and get all the "free" stuff than most of us regular folks do out of the stock class.Just my thoughts thanks
b-man777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:43 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
hey all:I'm guessing what this new rule will be trying to do is get the "factory" sponsored drivers that have more skill and get all the "free" stuff than most of us regular folks do out of the stock class.Just my thoughts thanks
That is exactly it. How can a non-factory driver compete with one run foam tires? The cost is just insane. Most of the guys winning the stock races need to move on. They have reached their peak in that class.
onroad_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onroad_racer View Post
That is exactly it. How can a non-factory driver compete with one run foam tires? The cost is just insane. Most of the guys winning the stock races need to move on. They have reached their peak in that class.
You could take the top ten guys at any given "National Level" event and move them out of stock completely. Most of them are just as fast in Super Stock and most would probably be a threat in modified also. They are all super dialed. I am not sure why some do not move on. It's not like it's equipment anymore. Stock guys are running one run foams and with BL in the scene there are no more motors and brushes to buy all of the time.

Maybe keep the factory mod out of "super stock" and keep the factory stock out of "stock". Regardless of all the changes and great ideas it will never change. Same ole group of guys are going to keep winning stock.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #23
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
The minutes say:

Stock participation rules will change in 2008. Any stock class champion may not compete in a stock class national for up to five years. Also, any participant finishing in the top 20% of any modified national event in the year prior may not participate in any stock national class for the current year.
I believe this will greatly help the turn-out of the nationals. Nice job!
mrrcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:43 PM   #24
Tech Master

Although I am no threat at winning LOL so I'm safe on that count...

I pay for everything out of my pocket and I've made the A at cleveland, IIC, Snowbirds, Halloween Classic, etc. in stock 12th...

I've finished 3rd once and next highest was 5th.

I can buy tires online as cheap as I can buy them through my own hobbyshop by the time I add tax... within a $1 or $2 a set max...
bodies same thing.

No one pays my entries or my parts/cars/ etc.

I may have decals on my car, but 50% or whatever means nothing. you can buy online close to what I pay for tires, batteries, parts etc.

I pay for everything.

I know several other guys that made the mains at cleveland snowbirds etc. in both touring and 12th classes the past few years that are in the same position.

You can compete if you can drive. so what if you put on a new set of tires each run its a NATIONAL race not a club race. You wouldn't go to a Nextel cup race with 2 weekend old tires or just take one set.

when you get done with your one run tires you go run them to the rims at club racing its not like you are out the money.

I'm sure there are a FEW that "get everything for free" and paid for to run stock, and we all know who they are, but don't act like everyone in the A mains are full factory sponsored in all the stock classes that's just silly...

If we get rid of about 5 guys with this rule over the next 5 years I might just make a podium again LMAO

I can't wait to see the top 2 or 3 fight it out till the last 30 seconds and then the HUGE BRAKE CHECK right before the line so they can stay in stock another year

You know who you guys are and we WILL BE WATCHING
Old 01-16-2008, 05:46 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well, at the very least the fight for second place should be very entertaining.

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital View Post
The minutes say:

Stock participation rules will change in 2008. Any stock class champion may not compete in a stock class national for up to five years. Also, any participant finishing in the top 20% of any modified national event in the year prior may not participate in any stock national class for the current year.
I hope I am the first one 'forced' to abide by this rule

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil View Post
Well, at the very least the fight for second place should be very entertaining.
10 cars all stopped one turn from the line after the end of race tone sounds, all trying to push each other across the line so that someone can claim second...

Actually, I believe that unless the person that takes 1st takes a 5 year hiatus from ROAR racing, they will wind up racing in super stock and mod, banished for life from stock racing, or 5 years if they can't figure out how to make a car perform at that level.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:59 PM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to justin lessard

cant wait to see 10 guys discussing who will cross the line first
justin lessard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:05 PM   #29
Tech Master

I can guarantee there will be some side bets at the nats as to who will cross the line first

Can we go ahead and start a new thread???

Which factory sponsored stock racer will be banned from stock first for 5 years at the nats???

I've got it narrowed down to three right now LOL
Old 01-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post
I can guarantee there will be some side bets at the nats as to who will cross the line first

Can we go ahead and start a new thread???

Which factory sponsored stock racer will be banned from stock first for 5 years at the nats???

I've got it narrowed down to three right now LOL
Dirla?
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote