Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 Roar onroad carpet nats

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

well we're over 250 entries and AE is really the only "team" to enter. If Xray and Corally are sending a team they better not wait any longer or there won't be any spots left.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

I wonder if they may be boycotting the race. There seems to be alot of variations of the stock classes. You have two basically stock classes (stock and super stock) running two completely different types of motors which are not EQUAL in performance, two completely different types of batteries which are not EQUAL in performance, last minute approvals, and so on. **Not to mention you can BRING YOUR OWN MOTORS.** So much for maintaining an equal ability for the non-factory guy running a stock class. The only true class will be modified 1/10 and 1/12 because these classes are already an OPEN class. Pretty much like this years stock classes have evolved into. Even the 13.5 rubber class has two types of batteries. I think it would have been much better to have a brushed class and a brushless class. At least this would be closer to a true STOCK class.

I'm betting the teams may just sit this one out, lowering the importance value of the race because of all the last minute changes and not so STOCK classes. I hope I'm wrong.

With that said I'm all for brushless and lipo, I've used them both. I just think the stock classes should be better structured to maintain some sort of consistency between the cars.

I'm really looking forward to NITRO season.

Last edited by evostyle; 02-18-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by evostyle
I wonder if they may be boycotting the race. There seems to be alot of variations of the stock classes. You have two basically stock classes (stock and super stock) running two completely different types of motors which are not EQUAL in performance, two completely different types of batteries which are not EQUAL in performance, last minute approvals, and so on. **Not to mention you can BRING YOUR OWN MOTORS.** So much for maintaining an equal ability for the non-factory guy running a stock class. The only true class will be modified 1/10 and 1/12 because these classes are already an OPEN class. Pretty much like this years stock classes have evolved into. Even the 13.5 rubber class has two types of batteries. I think it would have been much better to have a brushed class and a brushless class. At least this would be closer to a true STOCK class.

I'm betting the teams may just sit this one out, lowering the importance value of the race because of all the last minute changes and not so STOCK classes. I hope I'm wrong.

With that said I'm all for brushless and lipo, I've used them both. I just think the stock classes should be better structured to maintain some sort of consistency between the cars.

you honestly think teams are going to sit out an event because of stock classes ? Hell i hope they do .. As you can see the people who actually pay for the equipment they run are loving the new rules,,,, right ? As it is almost sold out . Hell i bet the rubber tire 13.5 class out numbers the stock(17.5/27t ) class.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:04 AM
Tech Champion

That would be funny if the factory teams are sitting this one out because of the rules for the stock classes, LOL. I would hope this isn't true, especially since this race is almost at it's 300 entry limit. Seems like "average Joe racer" doesn't think the rule changes are so bad.
Old 02-19-2008, 03:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
well we're over 250 entries and AE is really the only "team" to enter. If Xray and Corally are sending a team they better not wait any longer or there won't be any spots left.
Wonder what brushless motor they will run in Super stock or Stock?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I'll bet brushed wins stock and super stock classes....
Old 02-19-2008, 04:13 AM
Tech Champion

Mike CO27 Brushed motors only
Old 02-19-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by John Tag
I'll bet brushed wins stock and super stock classes....
I bet ya a brushless wins 13.5 rubber
Old 02-19-2008, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Mike CO27 Brushed motors only
Thats not what they clarified earlier in the thread, it was supposed to be ANY Roar legal stock motor.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Champion

"Your correct"..I thought I saw CO27 Only..But thats my bet to win..LOL

For the brushed motors, you can bring your own. You will be limited to 3 br/bl motors and they will be teched. We will have CO27's and Komodos available at the track thanks to Roar at a reduced price. As soon as that price is known we will post it.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

I think the super stock class will be close between 10.5bl and 19t br. I would love to see a 17.5bl win the stock class, but that may be a far reach.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have to agree, the stock class will be won by a brushed, a 17.5 is just not as fast. I think there are no equal BL motor to the 27 turn. A 17.5 is a little slower and a 13.5 is a little faster. Even Novak rates the 13.5 as a close to stock motor, not the 17.5. As for 19t and 10.5 they are the only right class as far as comparable power. I for one will be running stock brushed, but will bring a 17.5 just in case for some reason at this track it is faster, but from my experiance at my track the 17.5 is slower. As for LIPO, I can't wait to possably see fireworks this year at a national!! But as for performance I think NIMH are faster, they charge to more voltage. Now if we were running say 6-7 minutes in TC I would run a lipo, but not for 5. A NIMH has more volts for the first 3-4 minutes.
Next years Nats will be better with just a 17.5, 13.5 and MOD for all classes.
I really don't want to run brushed anymore!!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I can't imagine with Xray and Corally (along with AE) being event sponsors that they wouldn't get their drivers there to race. But they better hurry!!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I hate cobalts I'm always faster with roar stocks i guess I like the powerband geared low and lots of rpm...

I was running a roar stock at the classic last year when I finished about a second behind hermann and gerber. everyone else ran cobalts...
Old 02-19-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

I'll step out and say i hope and believe the 17.5 can be geared very tall and is as fast as a 27t stock motor.

Also if a brushed motor wins it will be the new reedy stock motor not a trinity.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.