R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #841
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

I just wanted to say that ROAR and Hobbyplex put on a fantastic race. You all worked really hard to make this great. All the racers appreciate and thank you for the hard work you put into this race. The only suggestions I might make for next year's nationals would be set up practice in heats. So that the drivers can get their laptimes and see others times to help make adjustments before qualifying. And to do a resort between each round of qualifiers. I like the fact that ROAR didn't seed the top 20 drivers from the previous year's nationals. But a resort after each round would then help sort out your better drivers from the lower drivers. But I had a great time and hope maybe I can afford to make more national events in the future.
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #842
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustler View Post
Juan! Are you drooling?!?

-Sean

Hey hey hey.... don't pick on the poor guy! Do you know how many fences he had to jump over to make this race!?
The Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:10 PM   #843
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

It's called a Siesta. I guess failing in 3 classes takes a lot out of you.
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:51 PM   #844
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

im turning him in to get the reward
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:07 PM   #845
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

hmm... he does this at all the races... him at the IIC... maybe this vegas dish caused that
Attached Thumbnails
2008 Roar onroad carpet nats-iicjuan-2-.jpg   2008 Roar onroad carpet nats-juan2-2-.jpg  
Old 03-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #846
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

That was the night the black mamba came out.
AARON YOUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #847
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What I wanna know is.......

Did anyone catch my heroic-super-athletic-ballet-dancer-ish-triple-tip-toe-Chuck Norris-like-death-defying corner marshalling skills on video?

Anyone need corner marshalling lessons??? (I'm for hire!!!)

Oh Yeah... Lemieux does! (How's your foot?) J/K

tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:53 AM   #848
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Smile B4

b4 nap
Attached Thumbnails
2008 Roar onroad carpet nats-dscf0911whan.jpg  
Old 03-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #849
Tech Elite

Billy Easton made the A Main in modified, he didn't race Super Stock.

The Problem with the 1/12th Super Stock race was the number of hits from the loop was almost zero. Hits are supposed to be 40+, but usually 20+ is OK. During that race they were 5 or less, which means you are going to miss laps. Since the lap times were 9.9 and 10.0, I thought it would be easy to fill in the missing laps, but Terry Rott didn't score on the final lap so his finish time would have to be estimated. I know he finished right behind Max. Terry said he would protest even if we were able to get the finishing results because "I did *hitty" . Andrew looked at the loop and said the wires were crossed, and after he taped them down the signal was fine. A few races later we cut out the excess wire and redid the wiring, I didn't like the extra wire hanging out right next to the spectators.

World order was restored when Ray Darroch won the title by 0.848 seconds, which is actually not as close as the Mod 1/12th race last year. Good racing by Ray and Mike. I saw Mike at the airport and he said Ray definitely deserved to win.

The lesson I learned is: Start the day with a 'Z' main, then start the A1's right after that.

Touring Stock = Travis Schreven, Washington
Touring 13.5 Rubber = Josh Hohnstein, Wisconsin
1/12th Stock = Brian Wynn, New York
1/12th Super Stock = Ray Darrock, Virginia
Touring Super Stock = Josh Cyrul, Michigan
1/12th Modified = Mike Dumas, Texas
Touring Modified = Paul LeMieux, Wisconsin

Anybody notice the Midwest won 3 classes (LeMieux, Cyrul and Hohnstein), and California and Florida were shut out. LeMieux and Hohnstein race at the same track here in Milwaukee.

Here are the final results, congratulations to the winners!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HobbyPlexFinalResults.pdf (302.7 KB, 198 views)

Official software of: ROAR Nationals, IIC, Cactus Classic, Indoor Champs, Reedy Race and Trackside Hobbies in Brookfield, WI!
RC Scoring Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #850
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Thanks to everyone who provided info or pictures throughout the weekend, and to LiveRC for having it all online again.

One final question - what was the split in the Super Stock classes between those who ran 10.5 and 19t?? Thanks
Old 03-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #851
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)

The race was great!!! I had a great time. The HobbyPlex is by far the best RC indoor facility, I have ever raced at in 21 years of racing.

I ran brushless lipo in stock TC. The brushless IS faster down the straight. But out of the corner the brushed is just a tick faster. I did run a Core 5000 lipo that ran great for me. The problem lipo has for me was the charge rate of the lipo chargers is not up to ROAR spec. The max voltage at tech is 8.44 volt. This is a problem at a ROAR race with radio impound. With my Core lipo my first tech voltage was 8.45v. Next time it was 8.49v. I changed chargers and that fixed the over charge issue. So be sure to check your charger voltage levels before you expect to use it at a OAR event.

Also it might be better next time for the door prizes that you do not put the names back into the pot. When the same guy wins a brushless motor and a smart tray, you should know better than to put the names back in. And also hand out all the door prizes. Only about 30 of the items were given out.
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #852
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgeguy View Post
Also it might be better next time for the door prizes that you do not put the names back into the pot. When the same guy wins a brushless motor and a smart tray, you should know better than to put the names back in.
Depends on Which Smart Tray win you're talking about. I ended up donating the Smart Tray I won in the raffle to the person who qualified last in Stock Foam. That was not "Raffle" as much as it was a nod to someone who had some hard luck. I already have 2 trays and didn't need a 3rd and thought it would be the right thing to do to pass it on. If that's the individual you have an issue with, your issue should be with me, not the Plex. If that's not who you're talking about, then just ignore this post
RCGaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:59 PM   #853
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to E.J. Evans

Juan even sleeps while on the drivers stand!
Attached Thumbnails
2008 Roar onroad carpet nats-juan.jpg  

Solaris Racing Products (SRP) Solaris Spec Tires!

www.solarisrp.com | www.apexhobbies.com | www.topracingusa.com
E.J. Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:05 PM   #854
Tech Addict

Default In Awe

Thanks to everybody that was gracious when I was sticking a camera in your face!
I'm working my way through the 14 hrs + of footage, and my respect for the driving ability of the pro's - is now off the scale.
When I run the stuff at 1/2 speed slo-mo its about right for my brain! Amazing the little corrections the pro's can make and the speed they make them. During the quals I spent a lot of time attempting to zoom in full frame on individual cars so you can see the steering input.
Those pros are making corrections mid corner on a millisecond basis. No wonder "lag" in radios is always being discussed.
I've been tested to top 5% for reaction time. These guys are on a whole different scale! WOW.
jasons56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #855
Tech Elite

That's right. Gary told me to give the tray to the guy that was dead last in his class and that is what I did. It was Gary's tray to give away at that point.

Also...I put a mark next to everybody's name that got something, so that they didn't get something twice.

Also, I did give away everything we got. Once the drivers meeting had started and there wasn't time for me to announce people one by one, I went down the row and handed out the rest of the Novak shirts and Trinity bags and towels that I had to people I knew hadn't got anything yet.

Sorry there wasn't enough for everyone.
ROAR NATS - '16 & '09 Electric Offroad/'14 & '08 Carpet Onroad/'11 1/8 Electric
'16, '11, '08 BRL NOVAK National Finals
HobbyPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote