Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hmm... is there going to be more LiPo used at this event than we think? :-D
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #407
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03 View Post
Is there any ruling on sticking weight to your lipo battery? Can it be servo taped to the battery or does it have to be attached to the chassis with screws or servo tape?

Thanks,
Paul
Paul ..... there was a deviation granted for this race "5.2.6 TC Deviation On Road Electric Any material used to add weight to a vehicle in order to comply with the minimum weight requirements for the class must be securely attached to the vehicle (the vehicle includes all electronics, suspension, and power sources that are mounted to the chassis). If such ballast falls off the vehicle during a race for any reason, and the vehicle is under weight at the post race technical inspection, the vehicle will be disqualified for that run."
Should answer your question.

Race is at 275 entries with no Team Xray or Corally entries. Looks like this is gona be a sellout!!!!!
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #408
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Hmm... is there going to be more LiPo used at this event than we think? :-D
Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 AM   #409
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to nhra6849

So from what Rick Hohwart posted the way I understand it is that ANYONE with a ROAR approved brushless mod motor, if the also have a 10.5 it is ROAR legal also I have noticed that no one from ROAR has responde to his post!
nhra6849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:49 AM   #410
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhra6849 View Post
So from what Rick Hohwart posted the way I understand it is that ANYONE with a ROAR approved brushless mod motor, if the also have a 10.5 it is ROAR legal also I have noticed that no one from ROAR has responde to his post!
I'm trying to get a clearification on this. Should have something to post back today.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:50 AM   #411
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bigemike

I need a bit of clarification. What 13.5 motors are legal, from my reading so far I am thinking that it is Novak (old and new cans), Orion, and LRP X-11 Is this true or is it only the new novak.

Please let me know
bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 10:59 AM   #412
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
But woudn't it still need to be available for purchase??? I still have not been able to find a LRP 10.5 Or even any of the Losi motors that have been talked about.
This is an interesting question. In terms of modified motors, you are approving the base motor, not the wind. A driver can use any wind regardless of whether or not it is available to the general public.

The 10.5 rule may require quantity availability even though it is based on a previously approved base motor.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 11:12 AM   #413
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemike View Post
I need a bit of clarification. What 13.5 motors are legal, from my reading so far I am thinking that it is Novak (old and new cans), Orion, and LRP X-11 Is this true or is it only the new novak.

Please let me know
Bigmike ...... ROAR approved motors are listed on the ROAR website. There are seperate lists for brushed and brushless motors. The only approved brushless motors can be found here http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/brushlessmotors.php. Unless it's on this list it's not approved or legal for use in sanctioned racing. Currently the only approved Stock and Super Stock motors are the Novak 3417SS 17.5 Pro and Super Stock Novak Novak 3413SS 13.5 Pro.

I'm working on answers for 10.5 motors and older 13.5 Novak motors.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #414
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
That would be funny if the factory teams are sitting this one out because of the rules for the stock classes, LOL. I would hope this isn't true, especially since this race is almost at it's 300 entry limit. Seems like "average Joe racer" doesn't think the rule changes are so bad.

Who cares about the avg joe racer......thats the message that will be sent if these manufactures sit out.

But racing is about the manufactures, not the people that buy the stuff so they can "send a team"

in other words, I agree, the changes are awesome
Old 02-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #415
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
This is an interesting question. In terms of modified motors, you are approving the base motor, not the wind. A driver can use any wind regardless of whether or not it is available to the general public.

The 10.5 rule may require quantity availability even though it is based on a previously approved base motor.

10.5's need to be submitted for approval. We record readings and since in 2008, its the lowest wind allowed in Super Stock racing, we need to have record of the motor at the lab. Regardless if its based on a previously approved mod motor, we will need the 10.5 submitted. We have made arrangements with the MFG regarding fees and how we do this. I would suggest MFG's contacting me if they are interested.
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #416
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
10.5's need to be submitted for approval. We record readings and since in 2008, its the lowest wind allowed in Super Stock racing, we need to have record of the motor at the lab. Regardless if its based on a previously approved mod motor, we will need the 10.5 submitted. We have made arrangements with the MFG regarding fees and how we do this. I would suggest MFG's contacting me if they are interested.
OK we (Reedy/LRP) were told we had to bring a sample motor to the track so that the RMT could take inductance readings.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #417
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
OK we (Reedy/LRP) were told we had to bring a sample motor to the track so that the RMT could take inductance readings.

Hmm.... I think you and I should probably talk on the phone about this.

Regardless, to the racers out there, we will have motors very soon to add to the approval list..... the MFG's know the 2 week deadline for product for this race and they are working as fast as they can....
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:16 PM   #418
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jaz406

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurcr View Post
Unless it's on this list it's not approved or legal for use in sanctioned racing. Currently the only approved Stock and Super Stock motors are the Novak 3417SS 17.5 Pro and Super Stock Novak Novak 3413SS 13.5 Pro.

I'm working on answers for 10.5 motors and older 13.5 Novak motors.
I'm curious about the older novak 13.5's. I have a sintered rotor below the maximum diameter. So should this be legal? Is it the adjustable timing on the older motors that's the issue?
Jaz406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:21 PM   #419
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 2008 Roar Onroad Carpet Nat's Trophy Girl

Ok Guy's... keep it under your helmet... (This is my niece so, be respectful here)

Announcing your 2008 Roar Onroad Carpet Nat's Trophy Girl.... "Sydney"

Last edited by tbeardmore; 02-21-2008 at 08:53 PM.
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #420
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 2008 Roar Onroad Carpet Nat's Trophy Girl

dbl post
tbeardmore is offline   Reply With Quote