R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Angled chassis sanding (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/200764-angled-chassis-sanding.html)

TL_XXX-S_racer 01-14-2008 03:41 PM

Angled chassis sanding

Hey guys, in preperation for the snowbirds Im asking if someone could help me with how to sand the edges of the chassis, so that theyre angled. So theres less of a chance of it rubbing on the carpet. Is there a specific method? I already know how to just sand and seal it. Just need to know how to ge it so its angled.

Thanks you,
Chris

RBLove 01-14-2008 04:08 PM

Check your pm.

tpczx6 01-14-2008 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by TL_XXX-S_racer (Post 4073987)
I already know how to just sand and seal it. Just need to know how to ge it so its angled.
Thanks you,
Chris

Chris just sand it at the Angled you want (sorry you left that wide open):lol::lol:

check out CRC website they have a good report on sanding

what I do is put the car in a vice and use a flat sanding stick and keep it at the angled I'm looking for. I also use a sanding block that you can get on the airplane side of the hobby store that will do rounded corners for you I like to have the outside part rounded and batts angled

Hope this helps

sorry for the first line

TL_XXX-S_racer 01-14-2008 04:25 PM

Thanks guys for your help :)

tpczx6 01-14-2008 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by TL_XXX-S_racer (Post 4074171)
Thanks guys for your help :)

Let us know ow its truns out:)

Mr RCTech 01-15-2008 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by RBLove (Post 4074118)
Check your pm.

After your done sanding just seal the chassis edges with high gloss clear nail
polsih.

It dries fast and two coats is all you need.:batman:

TL_XXX-S_racer 01-15-2008 04:04 PM

Thanks for all the tips. :) should be interesting.
Why not CA glue?

wallyedmonds 01-15-2008 04:15 PM

looks better and bonds the layers better.
but i dont sand anymore.im lazy :D

TL_XXX-S_racer 01-18-2008 10:57 AM

So I would just brush the nail poish along the edge of the chassis? Let one coat drie, then apply the second? I have the chassis sanded, just need to seal it. :)

L.Fairtrace 01-18-2008 11:19 AM

If you want your car to look good you're gonna have to spend some time on it. I probably spent 8 hours sanding and gluing my chassis for the birds. I use sandpaper from 200-1000 grit to get it round and smooth and then I glue, sand, glue, sand, glue, marker, glue, sand, marker, glue until its perfect.

Sean R 01-18-2008 11:19 AM

Coming from a local hotshot at sealing chassis' you definitely want to drip the CA around the edge after you use a black sharpie. It will look like a mirror. (black mirror, but you get the point :))

BTW it takes me a few hours for perfection, if it takes any longer, you are inefficient.

TL_XXX-S_racer 01-18-2008 11:31 AM

Well. I like the CA glue better than nail polish. But yes, I did take alot of time sanding, and used back sharpie so it looks nice once I get it sealed. I just finished the first layer. So once it dries ill see how it looks. If its not that great, ill sand it down again. :P but ya, this is one thing I take my time on, other than shocks and diffs. :D
thanks for the help though