Like Tree222Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Reply

Old 10-22-2009, 05:20 AM
  #10561  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
MTX3-B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sepang Home of Malaysia's Formula One
Posts: 684
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by edwintklee View Post
i believe your M03 and M05 its crying .....cos you found your new love....
My M03 RIP. In loving memory.
M05 shall be revived soon... real soon.
But of course, i m falling head over heels on my XeVo......climax non-stop!
When exactly r u getting ur XeVo???
MTX3-B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:23 AM
  #10562  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
edwintklee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: wonderfull place called, MALAYSIA.
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MTX3-B View Post
My M03 RIP. In loving memory.
M05 shall be revived soon... real soon.
But of course, i m falling head over heels on my XeVo......climax non-stop!
When exactly r u getting ur XeVo???
ezme.....

got xevo, but don intend to play, or else will end up like you , M03 RIP...M05....like our wife after married for 30 years.....tak layan.....

Xevo now it like new found Mistress.....like my buddy here in melaka, every night must have fun........and all forgot about their M series.....ha ha ha
edwintklee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:53 AM
  #10563  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 23
Default xevo

I'm thinking of getting a XeVo conversion, but I want to make sure it's the right move before I do. I have several questions for you guys if you could be so kind as to help me out.
  1. Is there a large performance gain?
  2. Is the added performance worth the expense of the kit and the extra parts needed for it?
  3. Are there any downsides to it?
  4. Is there any benefit to converting an M05 over an M03, or vice versa?
  5. Any other tips or thoughts on it?
Thanks in advance guys!

Clunker
clunker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 AM
  #10564  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
edwintklee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: wonderfull place called, MALAYSIA.
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by clunker View Post
I'm thinking of getting a XeVo conversion, but I want to make sure it's the right move before I do. I have several questions for you guys if you could be so kind as to help me out.
  1. Is there a large performance gain?
  2. Is the added performance worth the expense of the kit and the extra parts needed for it?
  3. Are there any downsides to it?
  4. Is there any benefit to converting an M05 over an M03, or vice versa?
  5. Any other tips or thoughts on it?
Thanks in advance guys!

Clunker
yo rookie, read here.....should answer your question....


Darwins theory of Xevo-lution Driving the Xevo.

http://www.rc-mini.net/joomla/index....evo&Itemid=160
edwintklee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:18 PM
  #10565  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
tony gray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melbourne, Australia. Home of rc-mini.net
Posts: 3,406
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Clunker,

a lot depends on your intended use for the car. Apart from Malaysia, most clubs won't let you run the car in normal racing.
Certainly we can't run it here in Australia.

So it's a chassis without a home essentially. That said, it is a mighty fine conversion and in reality only needs a mimimum of Tamiya parts to get up and running. From either an 03 or 05, doesn't matter.

Tim ran his Xevo at carpet indoor the other night, fantastic, again. But...we still wont be allowing them into normal sanctioned competition events.
tony gray is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:16 AM
  #10566  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
edwintklee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: wonderfull place called, MALAYSIA.
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
Clunker,

a lot depends on your intended use for the car. Apart from Malaysia, most clubs won't let you run the car in normal racing.
Certainly we can't run it here in Australia.

So it's a chassis without a home essentially. That said, it is a mighty fine conversion and in reality only needs a mimimum of Tamiya parts to get up and running. From either an 03 or 05, doesn't matter.

Tim ran his Xevo at carpet indoor the other night, fantastic, again. But...we still wont be allowing them into normal sanctioned competition events.
Agree....
edwintklee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:17 AM
  #10567  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,180
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

M05 Spool
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
3R-M05-27.bmp (172.3 KB, 240 views)
RC MARKET is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:52 AM
  #10568  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 6,178
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
M05 Spool
Wow, someone managed to overcomplicate a spool. Should have been made in a few simple components: Gear, outputs (that screw onto gear) and bearings.

I'm just cranky because I keep on dropping and losing really tiny parts.

Jim
monkeyracing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:13 PM
  #10569  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (48)
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
Wow, someone managed to overcomplicate a spool. Should have been made in a few simple components: Gear, outputs (that screw onto gear) and bearings.

I'm just cranky because I keep on dropping and losing really tiny parts.

Jim
I agree, very overcomplicated.
I hate when that happens. Welcome to middle age.
gashuffer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:20 PM
  #10570  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,180
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
Wow, someone managed to overcomplicate a spool. Should have been made in a few simple components: Gear, outputs (that screw onto gear) and bearings.

I'm just cranky because I keep on dropping and losing really tiny parts.

Jim
more torque
RC MARKET is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:28 PM
  #10571  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (48)
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
more torque
Please elaborate. A spool is a spool. Locked is locked?
gashuffer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:35 PM
  #10572  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
gtfour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 657
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
M05 Spool
Will that also fit and work well on an M-01 or M-02? Probably for drifting on an M-02.
gtfour93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:52 PM
  #10573  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,180
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gtfour93 View Post
Will that also fit and work well on an M-01 or M-02? Probably for drifting on an M-02.
not fit !
RC MARKET is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:18 PM
  #10574  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (10)
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SnowMexico
Posts: 6,178
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
more torque
I think it has more to do with my fat fingers that it does torque.

Jim
monkeyracing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:42 PM
  #10575  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
gtfour93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 657
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
not fit !
Thanks! I'll just have to go with a Manta Ray ball diff set then.
gtfour93 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service