Like Tree248Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Reply

Old 10-11-2009, 08:48 AM
  #10441  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 88
Default

Question regarding the fan on Ezrun brushless systems:

On my M-05, I'm finding that the fan on my ESC is getting clogged up with carpet fibres from our track very quickly, one race and it's time for a clean to keep it spinning smoothly. Maybe it's due to the ESC being closer to the ground, as I don't get anywhere near as much trouble with the same ESC in my M03, but it is mounted on top of the chassis.

Has anyone tried removing the fan completely, and has it caused any heat problems with the ESC?

The main reason I ask is because I've just read the Xevo review on RCMini, and noticed from the pictures that the Ezrun ESC in that Xevo didn't have a fan on it. I guess if it doesn't cause any problems in Australia, it should be fine in colder climates?
Toon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:53 AM
  #10442  
NT
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
NT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,507
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Hi Toon,

They work fine without them. Im not sure they do heaps of cooling anyhow. Not sure if this is the one that Tim removed on purpose to fit in the rear of his M03 chassis, or if its one the fan stopped working on, so it was removed.

Undo the 2 screws holding it on, snip the wires and you're done. Or, you can re-position the fan and mount it with double sided tape somewhere else to blow air onto the esc. Im not sure it would do a whole lot though!
NT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:23 AM
  #10443  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12
Default

could anyone tell me whether the M Chassis TRF Shocks (part number 54000) actually drops the ride height, or whether it stays the same on an m-05.
s22jgs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 AM
  #10444  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 945
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tony gray View Post
It's the Xevo M03/05 conversion. What's it like? You better believe you'll want one...



Check out the story HERE about this innovative new M chassis racer.

And find out how Tim made a SWB/MWB kit into a LWB one as well!
wow looks sick! Two things ill be worried about.. Those open gears...those teeth or no wide and just....tamiya plastic! I could see a nice rock getting cought and chunk a tooth out..

Another..that low profile servo looks really trick on that chassis I've loved them on the m03 back in the day! But not everyone has them..would be be able to use a regular servo to run it?

Those FF yoks were sick! I wrote an article back in the day about them and yes they were banned! FF01's didn't have a chance!
Hyde is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:44 PM
  #10445  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (48)
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by s22jgs View Post
could anyone tell me whether the M Chassis TRF Shocks (part number 54000) actually drops the ride height, or whether it stays the same on an m-05.
It drops the ride height to arms level.
gashuffer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:02 PM
  #10446  
Tech Apprentice
 
b3buggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Worcester, UK
Posts: 74
Default

Originally Posted by Toon View Post
Question regarding the fan on Ezrun brushless systems:

Has anyone tried removing the fan completely, and has it caused any heat problems with the ESC?
Hi Steve,
been running mine without a fan in the M05 since I have had mine, no problem. Even run it without a 'proper' heatsink in the 1/12!

Ross
b3buggy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:41 PM
  #10447  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
RossoTorro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Euro-Thrash
Posts: 400
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

We run them withouth fan in F103's also.
Not a problem even with the small space inside the F1 bodies.
RossoTorro is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:05 PM
  #10448  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
wow looks sick! Two things ill be worried about.. Those open gears...those teeth or no wide and just....tamiya plastic! I could see a nice rock getting cought and chunk a tooth out..

Another..that low profile servo looks really trick on that chassis I've loved them on the m03 back in the day! But not everyone has them..would be be able to use a regular servo to run it?

Those FF yoks were sick! I wrote an article back in the day about them and yes they were banned! FF01's didn't have a chance!
YOu can run the regular servos They are just mounted standing up so that you still have room for the battery
cannon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:31 AM
  #10449  
Tech Master
iTrader: (23)
 
edwintklee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: wonderfull place called, MALAYSIA.
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cannon View Post
YOu can run the regular servos They are just mounted standing up so that you still have room for the battery
would be easier to understand if got photo of how to do it,
edwintklee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:38 AM
  #10450  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by edwintklee View Post
would be easier to understand if got photo of how to do it,

Yes, the instructions with the Xevo are a bit vague but it doesn't take too much to work them out.
cannon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:58 AM
  #10451  
Tech Regular
 
Tim K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 291
Default

Toon, NT is correct, I took the fan off so I could fit the ESC in the rear of the M03 chassis.
Haven't noticed any difference in the performance, the motor/esc barely get hot.
In the UK you shouldn't have a problem.

Hyde, the open gears on the Xevo are a concern, but so far there hasn't been any rocks caught in there.

If you check the photos on rc-mini you can see that there is a 10mm+ gap between the rear of the lipo and the rear alloy bulkheads.
So if you put a standard servo in the lipo will move back by 10mm and fit just nice.
Tim K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:44 AM
  #10452  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by Toon View Post
On my M-05, I'm finding that the fan on my ESC is getting clogged up with carpet fibres from our track very quickly, one race and it's time for a clean to keep it spinning smoothly.
Steve - As Ross says it should be ok. I don't think my fan has worked in weeks, at least the ESC is down in the airflow on the M05. I'd love to know why your Chewbacca spec chassis picks up so many carpet fibers in the first place.
V1nce is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:05 AM
  #10453  
Tech Initiate
 
los limbos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 30
Default

Hello,

You are talking about 30wt and 40 wt oil.
I ám use Tamiya oil, is 30wt the same as 300 from Tamiya and 40wt as 400??
Or exist there a conversion table for.

Best regards Bart

Can someone help me!
los limbos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:16 AM
  #10454  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,163
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Never mind you allready changed it to english
Pro10noob is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:30 AM
  #10455  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (48)
 
gashuffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: RcVille
Posts: 5,230
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by los limbos View Post
Hello,

You are talking about 30wt and 40 wt oil.
I ám use Tamiya oil, is 30wt the same as 300 from Tamiya and 40wt as 400??
Or exist there a conversion table for.

Best regards Bart

Can someone help me!
Yes 30 is 300 40 is 400 and so fourth. The only shock oil that I know of that is slightly different than the others is Losi.
gashuffer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service