Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
Geppetto - Great idea!
Thanks, but I can't take any credit.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Nice, thanks guys. Yeah the weight balance L/R seems fine, no major difference than my M03 which never had issues like this. Was thinking torque steer but why would that be different than the M03 too?

I 100% agree that it's a driveline problem, definitely going to look into the spline issues, it is a brand new diff (TA03) and brand new universals but that sounds totally feasable.

I'd be shocked if it was the bearings as again, brand new and i removed one side of the shields and blasted them/oiled them but you never know. I've only driven it in an open lot for now, so there havent been any collisions (yet) to blow any bearings.

I had thought that maybe something was screwy with the steering rack as there is a lot of slop in it but those suggestions sound like great starting points.

thanks again for all the help.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Had the same issue with mine. Except that it was pulling left on acceleration. Turned out my front left wheel was scrubing the wheel arch when accelerating! Raised the body one step, cured...
Old 08-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmcguire
Sorry to change the subject but just wondering if anyone has been having a similar problem with their M05s; Under acceleration my car pulls to the right consistently, if i let off it will coast straight.

I tried a kimbrough servo saver, o-rings over the ball studs, different front toe settings, shimming/not shimming slop out of the knuckles and rear hubs--nothing. Does the same without the body on (not hanging up on it). I'm running a ball diff, really tight with the anti-wear. Going to swap in a stock gear diff tonight just to try that too. Not sure if I'm missing any issues in the steering linkage department that people have come up with.

thanks,
Dave
Check it on a tweak board. The left rear is probably light & needs an extra spring shim or two. I always check the tweak on M03s & now my M05, before they hit the track. A lot of M03s are like this & the guys that have the M05s at our track are complaining about the same problem with pulling right under power.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

anyone see the new www.rctvlive.com near the end where they have the mini on? Old but not bad. it is the retro car
Old 08-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I could order the M05 parts trees in the US? I have found them over seas, but shipping will take longer then I would like to wait.

Thanks
Chris
Old 08-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by niznai
Only if the "spec" goes into rather fine detail (motor, tires, battery, these days even speedy). Then if you are talking brushless, you have to check everybody's rotor, and even then there will be people who will buy a ton of rotors and a gauss meter and some other rocket science equipment NASA has discarded juat to make sure they have the edge whilst others still may already be onto hacking the software and writing their own super duper version (and who the heck is going to scrutinise software and how?). This will indeed make any spec class expensive again.

Which means a good spec class is one that has reduced the possible advantage one can gain from this sad compulsive behaviour below the limit of what someone else's good driving skill can do.

FYI .. the system we were talking about ? You cannot buy spare rotors and I hope that you are only joking about hacking software.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cannon
FYI .. the system we were talking about ? You cannot buy spare rotors and I hope that you are only joking about hacking software.
Whatever BL system. I am just trying to point out that spec classes are no longer simple to scrutinise. Maybe there is one system that can be scrutinised in something or other. History shows that interested parties will always find a way to get around.

And I hope I am joking too, but am not so sure. If people can hack banks and so on why would it be so difficult hacking a BL speedy software (not that I understand how either works)?

Last edited by niznai; 08-29-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Thanks again for all the input on the issue i was having. turns out it was definietly something up with the ball diff. i think it was too tight and to the point of being ever so slightly notchy. Swapped in a gear diff (stock, loose) and the car drove just fine. Put th ball diff in again, slightly looser and with a little anti-wear cleaned out, swapped the hex piece that has the splines and the outdrives and it was tracking fine also. Going to try to tighten it some more with the grease but not tighten it down so much with the screw so it gets notchy.

I can only imagine that putting the o-rings on the ball studs helped too if anyone else is having this issue as well.

But again, thanks everyone.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Whatever BL system. I am just trying to piint out that spec classes are no longer simple to scrutinise. Maybe there is one system that can be scrutinised in something or other. History shows that interested parties will always find a way to get around.

And I hope I ma joking too, but am not so sure. If people can hack banks and so on why would it be so difficult hacking a BL speedy software (not that I understand how either works)?
You have a lot to learn ... what is difficult about a standard ESC and a motor with the rating etched on the can?

Before you comment on the system that we have you really need to know the system and use it. It was tested thoroughly before it was implemented here
Old 08-29-2009, 05:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You have a lot to learn ... what is difficult about a standard ESC and a motor with the rating etched on the can?

Before you comment on the system that we have you really need to know the system and use it. It was tested thoroughly before it was implemented here

Don't waste your time with naysayers who are just looking for an argument.

We have adopted the HW13 system here in London, Ontario, Canada, after watching your experience there over the last year. The system works like a charm & everyone who has one is very happy with it. No complaints of any kind. The only problem we have had is getting them in fast enough.

We limit the HW13 to 16T pinion (17T for M04), which makes it about equal to a strong silver can & allows them to run together, for those who haven't changed.

As far as cost is concerned, the whole system is the same price as a Novak BL motor, or half the cost of a good brushed ESC.

Thank you Mini racers of OZ, for leading the way.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mariob62
Don't waste your time with naysayers who are just looking for an argument.

We have adopted the HW13 system here in London, Ontario, Canada, after watching your experience there over the last year. The system works like a charm & everyone who has one is very happy with it. No complaints of any kind. The only problem we have had is getting them in fast enough.

We limit the HW13 to 16T pinion (17T for M04), which makes it about equal to a strong silver can & allows them to run together, for those who haven't changed.

As far as cost is concerned, the whole system is the same price as a Novak BL motor, or half the cost of a good brushed ESC.

Thank you Mini racers of OZ, for leading the way.
Fellow convert .. glad you are enjoying the experience. It is a great system
Old 08-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by MTX3-B
I couldnt agree with you more on the Hobbywing brushless system. Best value for money and it ought to be considered as a spec class at least here in Malaysia. Sort of level the playing field..

The insane speed of the Tamiya Sport Tuned motor...the ones that you have witnessed at our Kota Raja race was tuned out of spec ...you would be surprised to know that a couple of the motors were reaching max RPM of 30,000!!! and for that reason alone, u could see a huge gap between one motor and another... With that insane speed, these bunch of guys could have chosen to drive in the Mini 4WD category instead...

IMO, Mini in Australia is going in the right direction with the brushless Hobbywing esc + motor, true to its original intended form to have this class as a fun category with a level playing field.

Perhaps, we ought to emulate...
i second this, i have been using hb 13t combo for 1 1/2 years now, still perform like new.....maybe a bit slow on the straight as compare to few 12t motor or speedpassion sport tuned , at corners, watch out here i come !!!....:P

dear ezme a.k.a. team hang lipo... i have heard of your superb performance in a few races that i have miss....too bad for me..but keep up the good work....hope to join you soon. mini M guru's in malaysia...
Old 08-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Again your lack of manners shines through

You have a lot to learn about people being ingenious and inventive especially when there is some gain. I am not interested in your little world of whatever that is. People need to realise that as long as there is a software anywhere, there will be someone ready and capable of hacking it. How are you going to scrutinise that?

And about rotors, most people didn't know a silvercan can be hacked in any way (or at leats manufacturer's intention was not to be), but read this thread back a few hundred pages and you'll learn about "cranking" and other such methods. It is the realm of people with limited imagination to think something is unbeatable.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Again your lack of manners shines through

You have a lot to learn about people being ingenious and inventive especially when there is some gain. I am not interested in your little world of whatever that is. People need to realise that as long as there is a software anywhere, there will be someone ready and capable of hacking it. How are you going to scrutinise that?

And about rotors, most people didn't know a silvercan can be hacked in any way (or at leats manufacturer's intention was not to be), but read this thread back a few hundred pages and you'll learn about "cranking" and other such methods. It is the realm of people with limited imagination to think something is unbeatable.

Last edited by mild seven; 08-29-2009 at 08:00 AM. Reason: a bit to harsh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.