Tamiya mini cooper

You're on Page 380 of 1981
Go to
  • Novak Tires
    What is the tire choice I should be using at the Novak race when the bite is rediculously high? Steve Key, Dave Weir?
  • Question. What's the different between the black and silver chassis? are they the same thing with different color? or there is a weight advantage on one of them?
  • They're identical...

    The only different ones were the VERY early grey chassis (in the first 12 months of production) which were slightly diffferent around the front shock towers.
  • Quote: What is the tire choice I should be using at the Novak race when the bite is rediculously high? Steve Key, Dave Weir?
    Sometimes the kit tires will work the best with the high bite. I think that is what they have all suggested before to me.

    Peace Aaron(W-W)
  • Looking for a good starting set up for the M-03 on carpet. TCS legal.
  • Here is the setup i use on carpet which works very well for me (regular 'A' wins):

    Front
    Shock Oil - Orion 80wt
    Spring - Short TRF White
    RollBar - Silver

    Rear
    Shock Oil - Orion 50wt
    Spring - TA05 Kit Silver (Med/Hard)
    RollBar - Black
    Toe-In Rear Uprights

    I am running TRF Shocks with 3-Hole pistons and the ESC and Reciever are in the back of the chassis (Kit Speedo and Spektrum)

    HTH

    Liam
  • Nothing new to post, just wanted to get the Mini thread back onto the front page....
  • Inside spacers
    When using TRF Flourine dampers (53571) how many spacers should I put on the inside of the shock? I considered 12mm but that barely leaves ANY travel at all. The Tamiya 'Built to Win' Article mentions 4 3-mm o-rings in each damper but the black o-rings I have are not 3mm tall, they are closer to 1.5 - 2mm.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Khal
  • Quote: When using TRF Flourine dampers (53571) how many spacers should I put on the inside of the shock? I considered 12mm but that barely leaves ANY travel at all. The Tamiya 'Built to Win' Article mentions 4 3-mm o-rings in each damper but the black o-rings I have are not 3mm tall, they are closer to 1.5 - 2mm.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Khal
    Use 3 of the black o-rings that you have. When they referred to 3mm O-rings, I believe they were talking about the ID
  • race
    I just went over my cooper for the NOVAK who else is going ? 17.5 brushless time to drive
  • u
    Quote: What is the tire choice I should be using at the Novak race when the bite is rediculously high? Steve Key, Dave Weir?
    no,no u need to take the long road on this learn as u go !
  • Quote: I am running TRF Shocks with 3-Hole pistons and the ESC and Reciever are in the back of the chassis (Kit Speedo and Spektrum)

    HTH

    Liam
    Hummm how the hell did you get you kit ESC and a recever in the back of your chassis???
  • body
    running my same old lid's

    Tamiya mini cooper-dscf0773.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-dscf0775.jpg  

  • Quote: Here is the setup i use on carpet which works very well for me (regular 'A' wins):

    Front
    Shock Oil - Orion 80wt
    Spring - Short TRF White
    RollBar - Silver

    Rear
    Shock Oil - Orion 50wt
    Spring - TA05 Kit Silver (Med/Hard)
    RollBar - Black
    Toe-In Rear Uprights

    I am running TRF Shocks with 3-Hole pistons and the ESC and Reciever are in the back of the chassis (Kit Speedo and Spektrum)

    HTH

    Liam
    Thanks for the setup

    What tire combo are you running?
  • Quote: Hummm how the hell did you get you kit ESC and a recever in the back of your chassis???
    You have to use some modern Radio gear to fit back there. I have a Keyence speed control,and Sanwa reciever in the rear of one of my cars.
    I run the wires through the center of the chassis,over the battery pack. you can also run your motor wires throung the chassisby drilling small holes between where the motor is and where the battery mounts.
    The M03 can clean up very nice and hide all of the wires if you want it to.

Similar Threads

Tags

m03, m03r ules, m05, mini, tamiya