Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 08-26-2007, 10:24 AM
  #4876  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Midlands
Posts: 111
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

wow, that's some good masking job. i just free handed my white roof on my mini body.
kenchan is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:08 PM
  #4877  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1
Default Any truck bodies fit the m03L

Anyone know of any truck bodies?...I just got the mo3L Mini Cooper yesterday and I like it so far, no I am body hunting...thanks
DaPro is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:09 PM
  #4878  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11
Default M-03 Tire

Hi Wich tires fits the mini m-03? i have used tamiya tire for 3 years and it is mabey time to think about some new tires. I'm using A-tires at the moument but is there any better tire
moorespeed is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:39 PM
  #4879  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,279
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by moorespeed
Hi Wich tires fits the mini m-03? i have used tamiya tire for 3 years and it is mabey time to think about some new tires. I'm using A-tires at the moument but is there any better tire
You can test RP , SPICE or RIDE tire
RP is with high grip , SPICE Medium , RIDE Lower grip.
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 01:02 PM
  #4880  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11
Default

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
You can test RP , SPICE or RIDE tire
RP is with high grip , SPICE Medium , RIDE Lower grip.
Is RP for high grip tracks. Or does it generate high grip in low grip tracks?
moorespeed is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 02:57 PM
  #4881  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (12)
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,279
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by moorespeed
Is RP for high grip tracks. Or does it generate high grip in low grip tracks?
RP is a High grip tire
RC MARKET is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 03:59 PM
  #4882  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (114)
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Janesville, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,919
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
RP is a High grip tire

Would these work of carpet?
And what inserts would work for carpet?
Dave
dragracer72nova is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 06:39 PM
  #4883  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Posts: 159
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DaPro
Anyone know of any truck bodies?...I just got the mo3L Mini Cooper yesterday and I like it so far, no I am body hunting...thanks
The Wheely king bodys wheelbase is 240, so that will fit.
Bodywerx_rc is offline  
Old 08-26-2007, 07:18 PM
  #4884  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,367
Default

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
Would these work of carpet?
And what inserts would work for carpet?
Dave
No. Traction roll like crazy. The Ride slicks might if you rounded the outside edges.
Granpa is offline  
Old 08-27-2007, 01:13 PM
  #4885  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: N. Cali
Posts: 200
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have a good starting setup for the M-04?
DirtyRacer is offline  
Old 08-27-2007, 05:07 PM
  #4886  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
rctouringracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: woodstock, ga
Posts: 1,298
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

DirtyRacer, do a search for the mo4 thread.
My set-up is posted there and that set-up has really worked for me and made my m04 competitive with the mo3's. My car was 4 mile's per hour faster down the straight-away than the closest mo3 the last time I raced it!
rctouringracer is offline  
Old 08-27-2007, 07:28 PM
  #4887  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
sportsracer-5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 105
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Here's the M04 thread:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=167679

sportsracer-5 is offline  
Old 08-28-2007, 12:09 AM
  #4888  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coral gables, Florida
Posts: 1,266
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Tamiya is out of stock on alot of tires. Anyone know where to get tires?
infanterene is offline  
Old 08-28-2007, 12:22 AM
  #4889  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
wallyburger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 124
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

fleabay - the online stores.
but be weary of dinball / rcmart out of HK.
they are notorious for selling items they dont have in stock.
(and then they'll bait you to swap or take a store credit.)
I have read that many buyers have been fleeced with this tactic of theirs.
wallyburger is offline  
Old 08-28-2007, 01:53 AM
  #4890  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: N. Cali
Posts: 200
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rctouringracer
DirtyRacer, do a search for the mo4 thread.
My set-up is posted there and that set-up has really worked for me and made my m04 competitive with the mo3's. My car was 4 mile's per hour faster down the straight-away than the closest mo3 the last time I raced it!
Originally Posted by sportsracer-5
Thanks
DirtyRacer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.