Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimanintaiwan
Use 3 washers instead of the 2 supplied. Tighten 3 screws evenly and to your liking.
and by that it will eliminate the wheel spin? because when im accelerating out from corners it takes time to get the momentum or it doesnt accelerate like it should be while other m03s can keep momentum from corners.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
and by that it will eliminate the wheel spin? because when im accelerating out from corners it takes time to get the momentum or it doesnt accelerate like it should be while other m03s can keep momentum from corners.
Yup, without the shim there's no resistance keeping your lifted wheel from spinning, taking all the power from your motor. Tightening with the extra shim gives it the resistance needed to keep your wheels going, even with one wheel off the ground.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racenut123
If you don't like the tire wear your getting Dana,you might as well sell your car now with your vendetta.Thats Mini with Tamiya tires.Of all people here,I know the routine as well as anybody with these tires.I think I told you that already.Hard in the head I see!
Are you building one or are you borrowing one?
Old 05-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Manta Ray or TA03 ball diff comes with hard joint cups or the regular ones?

Last edited by Mike Schumacher; 05-24-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

[QUOTE=tony gray]Well...you need to consider one thing for a start. The X-Ray, Yokomo and Corally need Touring Car size wheels so that limits your bodyshell choice if you pick one of them.
The Roadrunner Pro looks like it comes with all the bling included and spares will be plentiful (and cheap too) so I'd lean toward that to be honest.

Thanks and a very good point. While I may desire to run shaved foams for carpet sometimes, I would really prefer to run mini wheel sizes. To me it looks better. I also like the idea of supporting this new project. That's it! I will buy an Express mini with a monster-mini body.....when it comes out .
Old 05-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=catcars]
Originally Posted by tony gray
Well...you need to consider one thing for a start. The X-Ray, Yokomo and Corally need Touring Car size wheels so that limits your bodyshell choice if you pick one of them.
The Roadrunner Pro looks like it comes with all the bling included and spares will be plentiful (and cheap too) so I'd lean toward that to be honest.

Thanks and a very good point. While I may desire to run shaved foams for carpet sometimes, I would really prefer to run mini wheel sizes. To me it looks better. I also like the idea of supporting this new project. That's it! I will buy an Express mini with a monster-mini body.....when it comes out .
If you want to run mini wheels you have to make sure they clear your car of choice. Those that are made for TC wheels will have mini wheel clearance problems (Corally, Xray, Yokomo) One car that is 4wd mini and can use mini wheels is the ABC Genetic.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
Manta Ray or TA03 ball diff comes with hard joint cups or the regular ones?

The specs on both MantaRay or TA03 ball diff do not say they come with hard joints. The Ta03 cups look shiny nickel plated. The Manta Ray look mat gray like the optional hard joints cups but...........
Old 05-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sydewynder
The specs on both MantaRay or TA03 ball diff do not say they come with hard joints. The Ta03 cups look shiny nickel plated. The Manta Ray look mat gray like the optional hard joints cups but...........
That's what I thought... Are those hard joint cups long lasting?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I think our good friend and mentor, Tony, would say not to worry about it. If you're running silver can motors (TCS-spec or, probably, even the black can units) you're not putting enough power through to bother the standard cups much.

moo,

Scottrik
Old 05-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Schumacher
That's what I thought... Are those hard joint cups long lasting?

I can't say for the hard joint cups, my Manta Ray joint cups have no notching at all. Have been running for about 2 years.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottrik
edit.........................

moo,

Scottrik

moo?
Old 05-24-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Actually we run the hardened ones... The standard ones do wear quite badly. Even with a silver can motor.

I think Mike needs to check our site, most of the questions he's asking are already answered on there...
Old 05-26-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Hey guys,
I'm having the worst luck with search engines and was hoping you could help.

I'm looking for the part number for the Tamiya Titanium axles for the rebuildable/assembly universal shafts for the M-chassis. Does anyone happen to have the part number, or better yet know if these are still available? The black axles that come with these universals tend to snap easily. I have one set already, so I know they existed at one time.

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Hey,

I'm having trouble getting onto the RC Market site to complete an order. Any ideas?

Scottrik
Old 05-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by minimadman2003
Hey guys,
I'm having the worst luck with search engines and was hoping you could help.

I'm looking for the part number for the Tamiya Titanium axles for the rebuildable/assembly universal shafts for the M-chassis. Does anyone happen to have the part number, or better yet know if these are still available? The black axles that come with these universals tend to snap easily. I have one set already, so I know they existed at one time.

Thanks!
here ya go.
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53681

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.