Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 09-13-2016, 10:34 PM
  #28081  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 544
Default

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Maybe not enough interest to gather enough people to race?

Steve, are you the Steve in Temple City?
Temple City Los Angeles?

I am close to Culver city on the west side.
4roller is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 12:40 AM
  #28082  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
monkeyracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 6,305
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kytr8matic
Is anyone know the length (in mm) 3 racing m05 damper set? Is it 50mm?
At other website said 13mm.. i don't understand the measurement
Don't quote me on this, but I'd guess the length of the shock body might be somewhere around 50mm and the width of it 13mm. I've never fully understood this, because most mini shocks are 58-63mm long, end to end when built without internal spacers.

Best guess would be 50mm is shock body including cap and upper ball mount thing.

Last edited by monkeyracing; 08-12-2017 at 07:34 PM.
monkeyracing is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 04:29 AM
  #28083  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,354
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 4roller
Temple City Los Angeles?

I am close to Culver city on the west side.
Yeah, Los Angeles. There was a shop owner Steve Wang that use to sell nice batteries and motors and stuff 15-20yrs ago.
sakadachi is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 05:33 AM
  #28084  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Don't quote me on this, but I'd guess the length of the shock body might be somewhere around 50mm and the width of it 13mm. I've never fully understood this, because most mini shocks are 58-63mm long, end to end when built without internal spacers.

Best guess would be 50mm is shock body including cap and upper ball mount thing.
After assembling i think the shock length is 50mm
Because it is shorter than the shock i have before (pic on previous page)

I bought 3r m05 damper set bcause the older one(colt rc damper) is too long.. when i run it, it would be grip roll..

Now i change the new one and now its flat..

See the difference??
Both are fully extended





kytr8matic is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 08:06 AM
  #28085  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,354
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Looks nice. Which pistons are you running in what looks to be the #54000's?
sakadachi is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 01:30 PM
  #28086  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Looks nice. Which pistons are you running in what looks to be the #54000's?
I'm running with 3 holes piston combine with tamiya oil #450.. after reading some article

This is 3 racing damper set for m05.. the #54000 has black aluminum body..
Sure it does looks similar.. hehehhe
kytr8matic is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 02:57 PM
  #28087  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,596
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hi, flew to Korea to race mini in the Tamiya Asia Cup 2016 Finals. Here is my Suzuki Swift



rccartips is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 04:37 PM
  #28088  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,354
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kytr8matic
I'm running with 3 holes piston combine with tamiya oil #450.. after reading some article

This is 3 racing damper set for m05.. the #54000 has black aluminum body..
Sure it does looks similar.. hehehhe
Is that right, looks very similar because the #54000's I have on my V2 and M-Four are blue housing too. The black housing ones I have are the new big boar dampers.

sakadachi is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 04:44 PM
  #28089  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
gigaplex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posts: 6,239
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Is that right, looks very similar because the #54000's I have on my V2 and M-Four are blue housing too. The black housing ones I have are the new big boar dampers.

I think they meant that the shock body itself is black (or much darker than silver). The end caps are blue.
gigaplex is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 04:55 PM
  #28090  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,354
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Oh, okay. Yeah, the housing is black on the 54000's.
sakadachi is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 05:36 PM
  #28091  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi, flew to Korea to race mini in the Tamiya Asia Cup 2016 Finals. Here is my Suzuki Swift



What a unique paint job hahahaha..
Did you not cutting the fender arch on purpose??
BTW good luck for the race
kytr8matic is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 05:37 PM
  #28092  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Is that right, looks very similar because the #54000's I have on my V2 and M-Four are blue housing too. The black housing ones I have are the new big boar dampers.

Yeap.. like gigaplex said.. 😁😁😁 the housing is different.. the cap and the bottom are the same as tamiya.. anodized blue cap..
kytr8matic is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 06:12 PM
  #28093  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,354
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kytr8matic
Yeap.. like gigaplex said.. 😁😁😁 the housing is different.. the cap and the bottom are the same as tamiya.. anodized blue cap..
Close enough!
sakadachi is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 10:41 PM
  #28094  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (66)
 
theproffesor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Lugoff SC
Posts: 3,693
Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Default

I am in Korea right now. Where is this race? I would lobpve to watch a few rounds this weekend
theproffesor is offline  
Old 09-15-2016, 01:50 AM
  #28095  
Tech Regular
 
marcos graveyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Newtownforbes, Ireland
Posts: 253
Default

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I am in Korea right now. Where is this race? I would lobpve to watch a few rounds this weekend
The race was 10 days ago, first weekend in Sept.

M-Chassis was won by Korean driver Im Man-Soon who was the class of the field, he won the first two legs of the final, lapping most of the other competitors in the process. Should be a strong contender in Tokyo in November.

Videos are here

Round 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rOx0zRM9mc

Round 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmRfmQz63Vo

Round 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttfrmE0_IJY
marcos graveyar is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.