Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 09-17-2015, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
My passport has been waiting/sitting in my sock-drawer for this occasion literally for the last 2 years..
Does the final take place at their Shizuoka facility? I've seen their building from the outside a few times during my many visits to Japan. I should check out their show room next time I'm down there.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/news/e...isit/visit.htm

Also want to visit TOPRacing's HQ in Tokyo.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

-Oh, Man, I would love to go there!
Maybe I can convince the wife that our next vacation should be to Japan?!
Old 09-17-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

I got the sensor cable replaced on the Vulcan motor. Replaced the GTB3 to Hobbywing JustStock as the GTB3 was kind of huge for the chassis and heavy.
I'm not sure how much cleaner I can make the wiring on this chassis unless I start cutting the servo cables.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...-v2-latest.jpg
-is that an HPI Cup Racer rear body mount/brace I see on your Tamiya M car?
Old 09-17-2015, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...-v2-latest.jpg

-guess you can't copy links inside of quotes? ...anyway, here is your link
Old 09-17-2015, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eR1c
-is that an HPI Cup Racer rear body mount/brace I see on your Tamiya M car?
That is, eR1c good eyes! I tend to use different brand parts on different chassis often.

And yeah, Japan is an awesome place to visit for sure.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i vaguely recall some mention or documentation about "Twin Messe in Shizouka"... is where the event will be held.

i could be mistaken

its all still a blurry cloudy haze... ive been focusing on readying prep my car.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

That is, eR1c good eyes! I tend to use different brand parts on different chassis often.
Sweet, -what's my prize?!
Old 09-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've never had much success building the plastic body mini shocks. No matter what weight oil I use, the shocks feel like they have very light weight oil in. Another racer suggested that when you remove the pistons from the parts tree that it is easy to remove too much material and effectively have a piston with a larger "hole" than needed. Basically instead of having a circle around the edge of the piston you now have a flat spot that will act as an additional piston hole.

Anyone else ever run into this issue and if so what were your solutions for this problem?
Old 09-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
I've never had much success building the plastic body mini shocks. No matter what weight oil I use, the shocks feel like they have very light weight oil in. Another racer suggested that when you remove the pistons from the parts tree that it is easy to remove too much material and effectively have a piston with a larger "hole" than needed. Basically instead of having a circle around the edge of the piston you now have a flat spot that will act as an additional piston hole.

Anyone else ever run into this issue and if so what were your solutions for this problem?
yes

but i wouldn't necessarily call it a 'problem'..

i used the BigBore shocks on my Nats winning car... previous to that i used the 'plastic shock' pistons in the regular TRF dampers to dial in my setup.. When switching over to the BigBore i chose an oil combination that felt very similar... yes, a SOFT setup...
Old 09-17-2015, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eR1c
Sweet, -what's my prize?!

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer

I use the single hole and white Tamiya oil. This damper actually works pretty good with a soft setup. On my trucks that use the CVA dampers, I have some pistons I got from another brand (I mix brands often) which has the small holes like the ones in the TRF dampers. I use #400 oil in those. I like to use soft-ish springs and higher damp rate in my trucks as the tires are like balloons already, I want them to stick.

yes

i used the BigBore shocks on my Nats winning car... previous to that i used the 'plastic shock' pistons in the regular TRF dampers to dial in my setup.. When switching over to the BigBore i chose an oil combination that felt very similar... yes, a SOFT setup...
Wow, you know, this am I was thinking about doing EXACTLY THAT tonight because my V2 is seriously running like crap since the 54000 damper swap. It's running the softest Tamiya damper oil but it is still a frikken plow basically just goes straight with moderate amounts of throttle coming out of a turn. It didn't do this before while I had the clear CVA factory dampers. Thanks for confirming! I will definitely report back.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

My passport has been waiting/sitting in my sock-drawer for this occasion literally for the last 2 years..
That's awesome!

I never thought of doing that when I came in second a couple times before finally gitt'n her done.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

I swapped my 54000 dampers to the junky black pistons 3 holes for front, 2 holes for rear, Tamiya white (clear) damper oil. Definitely improved damping vs the white pistons on my V2. Thanks Osherman.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Decided to run the Vulcan 21.5 on my M03. Much better match for the motor.

I should be getting my Thunderpower 21.5 early next week, so will run that on my V2.
I'm going to take the chassis apart today and tighten the diff. Felt kind of loose which is also probably contributing the plowing.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...-brushless.jpg
Old 09-19-2015, 10:42 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

yes

ygpm..Thanks
Old 09-19-2015, 10:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've decided it's time to out-do myself and try to find a part so rare, it makes my M04 sway bar set appear annoyingly normal.

I'm looking for a Xevo Chariot (M03 conversion) droop limiter set. If you know where to find one, let me know. Remember, I'm cheap, or poor. Whatever gets the job done.

Last edited by monkeyracing; 08-12-2017 at 07:34 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.