Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 09-16-2015, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Did you optimize the gtb3 setup for mini racing, and does the Vulcan have a 12.3mm rotor for more Rpms????? Timing cranked up yet???
One more thing I couldn't figure out was if the sensor cable was replaceable on the Vulcan motor. I pulled it pretty hard on the endbell but would not come loose. It came pre-mounted.

I wanted to use a shorter sensor cable on my V2.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sakadachi
One more thing I couldn't figure out was if the sensor cable was replaceable on the Vulcan motor. I pulled it pretty hard on the endbell but would not come loose. It came pre-mounted.

I wanted to use a shorter sensor cable on my V2.
Yes they are, just use caution that you don't damage the wires as you take it out
Old 09-16-2015, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That kick of torque is probably from the 12.5mm rotor... The 12.3mm rotor will be smoother with more top end.... You can also reduce your transmitter throttle EXPO to help with that....
You also should never pull the Vulcan sensor wire without taking out the back endbell first by unscrewing the three screws....
Originally Posted by sakadachi
I did set up the GTB3 per my other ESC's that I run on m-chassis. As for rotors, I've not changed it. The RPM at its factory 30 degrees is a tad slower than the Thunderpower's 20degrees, but it's not so much the speed that bothers me. It's the sudden kick in torque around 25-35% throttle coming out of corners. It was horrible on the Sonic, the Vulcan is better. I think on a 4WD car it would work just fine.
Old 09-16-2015, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccartips
Just got back from the 2015 Tamiya Asia Cup held in Singapore. Sadly finished only 4th overall.

Here is A3, my car is the pacman, 3rd on the grid.

Time to retire
Where are you getting the yellow and orange wheels? I have seen them listed, but nobdy has them in stock? Any leads?
Old 09-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Yes they are, just use caution that you don't damage the wires as you take it out
Cool, thanks. I will take a look.

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
That kick of torque is probably from the 12.5mm rotor... The 12.3mm rotor will be smoother with more top end.... You can also reduce your transmitter throttle EXPO to help with that....
You also should never pull the Vulcan sensor wire without taking out the back endbell first by unscrewing the three screws....
Thanks. Yeah, the throttle Expo is set on my radio side, it's smoother but not real smooth like the Thunderpower motors. I bet the Thunderpowers come with the 12.3mm you mentioned.

Noted on taking off the endbell first before pulling the sensor cable.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default NOVAK Vulcan sensor wire installation?

loosen the three screws that set/lock the timing-ring on the NOVAK motors... Then it should be a lot easier to get the sensor connector out.. They have quite a rubber seal around the area and it really keep the dirt out and the connector in...
Old 09-16-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, Osherman. bert confirmed that too. I will give that a shot tonight.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Where are you getting the yellow and orange wheels? I have seen them listed, but nobdy has them in stock? Any leads?
Where are they listed? I've never seen those! -I assume they are TCS legal (since you ran them at the king of all TCS events)!

Great race Osherman, -wow, such consistent driving. That must have been a great experience to get a ticket to Singapore for the world TCS event.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by eR1c
Where are they listed? I've never seen those! -I assume they are TCS legal (since you ran them at the king of all TCS events)!

Great race Osherman, -wow, such consistent driving. That must have been a great experience to get a ticket to Singapore for the world TCS event.

World Finals are in Japan.

But yes, it was a great thrill to win... really hasnt sunk in yet. guess we will see in two-months time.

will start building j-car this weekend
Old 09-16-2015, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

World Finals are in Japan.
You know I originally thought that, and know that Tamiya is Japanese ..yet I could have sworn that I heard or saw something in the video that said Singapore. BUT, you were there! -so what the heck do I know?!

My bad, ...none the less, I am in awe!
Old 09-16-2015, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Technically every region has their own Finals.. lol

And i remember seeing something about Singapore Worlds that already happened too.

you are not alone
Old 09-16-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OSherman
Technically every region has their own Finals.. lol

And i remember seeing something about Singapore Worlds that already happened too.

you are not alone
Get on that Passport processing if you aint got one already.

Mine was a fiasco!

For what it's worth, Washington D.C. (birthplace) has nothing to do with the State of Maryland where it lies within but no one bothered to notify me after I applied til it was literally past Tamiya's deadline.

Fred Medel will always be my hero as he beared with me while I sweated it out.

Gonna love it Mr. O!
Old 09-16-2015, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c

If I am reading TCS rules right, you have to use the pre-glued right? Here are the part numbers. They say discontinued on the Tamiya website, but I have seen a few people around with new sets.

49470 M-Chassis 11-Spoke Wheels - 4pcs Fluorescent Orange
49469 M-Chassis 11-Spoke Wheels - 4pcs Fluorescent Yellow

http://www.stellamodels.com.hk/49469...ow-p-3097.html

http://banzaihobby.com/Tamiya-49470
Old 09-16-2015, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

I got the sensor cable replaced on the Vulcan motor. Replaced the GTB3 to Hobbywing JustStock as the GTB3 was kind of huge for the chassis and heavy.
I'm not sure how much cleaner I can make the wiring on this chassis unless I start cutting the servo cables.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...-v2-latest.jpg

The car plows under throttle, I need to fix this ASAP. It is a night and day difference going the wrong direction vs my SabreFD Mini.
Old 09-17-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by F N CUDA
Get on that Passport processing if you aint got one already.

Mine was a fiasco!

For what it's worth, Washington D.C. (birthplace) has nothing to do with the State of Maryland where it lies within but no one bothered to notify me after I applied til it was literally past Tamiya's deadline.

Fred Medel will always be my hero as he beared with me while I sweated it out.

Gonna love it Mr. O!
My passport has been waiting/sitting in my sock-drawer for this occasion literally for the last 2 years..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.