Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 08-26-2015, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Clarification of glueing OSherman of you may.

For tires, you can glue:

1. Rim to tire
2. Sidewall
3. Outer edge of tires

I'm assuming glueing rim to tire outer and inner is a given. Your TCS rule were fuzzy on the other two in the past right? And now you're test and tuning the second two options right?

Ivan
Old 08-26-2015, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Just thought you should all know that OSherman may be, is, the best Mini pilot at Aliso right now. The man can flat wheel a mini.

Sorry Ollie, missed the races but congrats on the Win and the Trip. Everyone including me was very happy for you.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sakadachi
And no glue on the inner sidewall?

I demand an apology from all you newbs (not you) who insisted I was posting BS.

never.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hprt
never.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Clarification of glueing OSherman of you may.

For tires, you can glue:

1. Rim to tire
2. Sidewall
3. Outer edge of tires

I'm assuming glueing rim to tire outer and inner is a given. Your TCS rule were fuzzy on the other two in the past right? And now you're test and tuning the second two options right?

Ivan

From what i understand No.1 and No.2 are legal to the rule... (inner and outer sidewall is fair game)

not sure what you mean by 'outer edge'.. if that is part of the 'tread' then its a no-no...

i personally only glued the sidewall. a single thing layer..
Old 08-26-2015, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Granpa
Just thought you should all know that OSherman may be, is, the best Mini pilot at Aliso right now. The man can flat wheel a mini.

Sorry Ollie, missed the races but congrats on the Win and the Trip. Everyone including me was very happy for you.

you were in our thoughts, rest assured. wish you could have been there if but only to watch the happenings... was an interesting progression throughout the weekend (Thursday - Sunday)... i was worried Saturday morning. lol hence going to the 'darkside'

you will see me again old chap.

and thanks for the kind words.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

As last seen on track
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-image.jpg  
Old 08-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Other side
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-image.jpg  
Old 08-26-2015, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by OSherman
As last seen on track
Very nice!

I found those damper stays is a requirement for my V2 especially after installing the 54000 dampers on mine. So much adjustability it is awesome.

It's funny how other high end chassis come with those out of the box, but not the V2... At least include the front one..!
Old 08-26-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

notice rear damper position on Tower.. Grandpa knows a thing or two about tuning a mini..
Old 08-26-2015, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

notice rear damper position on Tower.. Grandpa knows a thing or two about tuning a mini..
Yeah, I did see that. Looked like the M03's position which granpa has. (I know it has nothing to do with that).

On my track I kept the rear at the stock position although I have the CF damper stays. The front I had to stand them up more to get more bite.

What are your thoughts on the M03?
Old 08-26-2015, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Yeah, I did see that. Looked like the M03's position which granpa has. (I know it has nothing to do with that).

On my track I kept the rear at the stock position although I have the CF damper stays. The front I had to stand them up more to get more bite.

What are your thoughts on the M03?
M03 is a good car.. easy(er) to drive. a little too lazy for my taste now that i know what an M05 is like..

I just prefer the adjustability of the M05 v2 and seems to be more nimble.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

M03 is a good car.. easy(er) to drive. a little too lazy for my taste now that i know what an M05 is like..

I just prefer the adjustability of the M05 v2 and seems to be more nimble.
Thanks for your comments.

I find that the M03 is so front heavy that I can get more traction off the line and out of the corners vs the V2. I need to work on my V2 some more cause my M03 is still faster after I did a recent re-build on the M03.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Thanx O. I know we talked about that stuff awhile back and am glad to see you were able to get it worked out.

Most, if not most of the guys who post here don't your TCS history which is one of many outstanding drives including my first TCS Mini drive in the "D" main. I think you were 2nd that year. Then off to the GT wars and another whole series of podium finishes and a couple where "bad" luck cost you the win. Notice the watchamacallits around the "bad".

Frankly, I don't know how much effort Orlando put into TCS but the number of times he came close is remarkable. To hear that he finally won brought tears to my eyes. So well deserved to one of the good guys.

I still see guys getting surfaces and set ups confused. A good asphalt car is not to be confused with a good carpet car. Yes, a set up can work on both surfaces, but it will be mediocre on both. In set ups, the devil is in the details
Old 08-26-2015, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

This car and setup is virtually the same as last year. Rear hubs, Rear shock positions and glued sidewalls are the only changes.

as far as practice, not much. I attended Regionals with a couple-few practice weekends leading up to that race, and the same couple-few practice weekends leading up to Nationals.. That was about it for this year. Not the "every weekend, all weekend" like the out-of-towners think.

After last years snafoo, i told myself that none can beat me but myself. i decided to take a different approach this year.

im glad it worked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.