Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 06:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Huh, that's odd. Hope you find the hardware you need.

So you got it to fit, right? I'm using a Futaba S9452, but might swap with a S6070 Spektrum to reduce weight.
yes

lol
but now I have issues with the toe in part
Old 08-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
Even with the oring, my TA03 outdrives still slide out far enough to strip and/or lose drive with universals in an M05V.2. I've ordered the shock bladder foams on suggestion from my local TCS regulars.
Uhhh Ohhh
Watch Out
Someones Getting Ready for Mini Madness!!!
Old 08-13-2015, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Uhhh Ohhh
Watch Out
Someones Getting Ready for Mini Madness!!!
You better believe it! I didn't have a mini for the inaugural race, and now there's got to be a dozen new mini racers in the local scene, so this revival race is going to be OUT OF CONTROL AWESOME!
Old 08-14-2015, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

You better believe it! I didn't have a mini for the inaugural race, and now there's got to be a dozen new mini racers in the local scene, so this revival race is going to be OUT OF CONTROL AWESOME!
I know Golddust and myself are really looking forward to it too
We just can't wait!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

SAVAGE!!

Yeah, I'm not sure why there is so much space between my universals and the outdrives, but there is. I don't think taking tight turns has any affect on whether the outdrives will pop out or not though, as mine will pop out going straight.
Ahahahah.... Glue it and forget it !!! LoL... Also, the cva's rattling will probably take the o rings/ foam out... You'll need DCJ's up there, but then again they are not TCS legal (Mega mini Madness won't care...lol...)....
Old 08-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

I received my 1 degree toe-in rear uprights for my M03 today and installed, test drove it.
Nice~ exactly where I wanted it to be after removing the 0.5 spacers.

Thanks again monkeyracing for the 3Racing lead. Got it at a super deal too.

My chassis looks weird because that and the servo mount are the only 2 aluminum bits on it... not that appearance
is a big deal for this chassis.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...3-1-degree.jpg
Old 08-15-2015, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

The shock bladders are compressible, unfortunately.

The other question nobody asked was are these "universals" you talk of in fact dogbones? If yes, you need to use some foam in the wheel axle as well, to make sure you do not allow the dogbone to bottom out and catch on tight turns. This is what pops them out.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What about the M03 universals? That's what I run to stay TCS legal and I don't have any issues with them. I might be bringing the RCCW minis over to Mini Madness.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by niznai
The shock bladders are compressible, unfortunately.

The other question nobody asked was are these "universals" you talk of in fact dogbones? If yes, you need to use some foam in the wheel axle as well, to make sure you do not allow the dogbone to bottom out and catch on tight turns. This is what pops them out.
For me, the universals as in the Tamiya #53597 m-chassis universal is what I meant per my previous post. One side has dog bones, the other end is a CVD style joint.

I don't know why Greg's pop out while going straight. Probably just too short, either the outdrive cups (aftermarket diffs?) or the universals he is using.

When my factory front dog bone pops out it's 100% while turning at full lock on certain cars. But I've not had this happen on my m-chassis with factory dog bones. I use either the red or black o-rings in the outdrive cups on the gearbox side per instructions.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Ahahahah.... Glue it and forget it !!! LoL... Also, the cva's rattling will probably take the o rings/ foam out....
The only upgrade I'm doing for the Mega Mini Madness triple A-mains is a proper foam bumper! (hopefully I make the A)

Originally Posted by niznai
The shock bladders are compressible, unfortunately. The other question nobody asked was are these "universals" you talk of in fact dogbones? ...
Nah, I'm running the M03 53597 universals. Have you seen anyone run both an o-ring and a foamy?

Originally Posted by bmxcrx
What about the M03 universals? That's what I run to stay TCS legal and I don't have any issues with them. I might be bringing the RCCW minis over to Mini Madness.
Sweet bro, the more the merrier! Gonna be a great day to enjoy not only mini racing, but also all the other classes on offer.

Originally Posted by sakadachi
For me, the universals as in the Tamiya #53597 m-chassis universal is what I meant per my previous post. One side has dog bones, the other end is a CVD style joint. I don't know why Greg's pop out while going straight. Probably just too short, either the outdrive cups (aftermarket diffs?) or the universals he is using.
I'm 100% TCS legal with all Tamiya parts, which is why I'm perplexed as to why there is enough space between my universal and outdrive to allow the outdrive to slide out (edit: even with an oring). Foamies on order, one way or another I'll have it tidied up soon. I appreciate the feedback guys!

Last edited by Greg Sharpe; 08-15-2015 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

use the red shock bladder foam full sized in the out drives. You do not have to cut them. They will be too long initially, but soon compress to the proper size. Cutting them is an unnecessary step and can lead to problems.

I have tried all sorts of things to stuff the outdrives. Fuel tubing and the black O rings are next best to the red sponge
Old 08-15-2015, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Can M-05 take mini sized servo?
Old 08-15-2015, 02:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

No, but you can probably find or make an adaptor.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good luck on making the Amain Greg, I just want to be able to have fun ...lol.... Way too many $250 21.5t motors in the Amain...lol....
Old 08-15-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vrooom
Can M-05 take mini sized servo?
Yes. I ran a Solar mini servo in my M05. I ignored the mounting holes and mounted it with servo tape. It was nestled all the way down in the servo compartment to lower the CG, and it lightened the car, too. It worked well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.