Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 07-22-2015, 07:56 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sakadachi
I like the ball and cup TOP Racing uses on their kits. Basically the first thing I noticed on my SabreFD Mini was virtually no play. Does that directly translate to good? I'm not sure on the m-chassis. Plus, the way they have the ball diff oriented in the instructions manual, the screw kept loosening. I switched it around yesterday after trying their oil diff. (oil diff leaked from the axle cup, will need to try Kyosho o-rings )

I left my Tamiya's the way they are, with play. I feel that the metal steering linkage hopup does make a noticeable difference though on my M05.
The TOP plastic has high wear rate and it gets sloppy fast. This has been my experience with the TOP Photon and Mini Sabre. The least wear rate I've had have been the X-ray ball and ball end connectors (too bad they are 4.9 and cost an arm and a leg).

But the TRF418 stock ball cups on my 418 have been pretty good. With that said, I left my mini "as is". Works great.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan
The TOP plastic has high wear rate and it gets sloppy fast. This has been my experience with the TOP Photon and Mini Sabre. The least wear rate I've had have been the X-ray ball and ball end connectors (too bad they are 4.9 and cost an arm and a leg).

But the TRF418 stock ball cups on my 418 have been pretty good. With that said, I left my mini "as is". Works great.
I remember using the balls and ball ends from my FK05. They were precision, but they were pure hell to pop off. If you're looking for "no play", you might consider the X-ray parts. Pure quality.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan

Does it? Dang.. mine is still very tight. Will see how it goes. But yeah, I doubt even on the SabreFD Mini's the play will make much difference. Might even help it run smoother. Right now it's razor sharp and can use some relaxing... like a mechanical Expo.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:12 AM
Tech Adept

I run Xray ball joints on my M06 as I had a lot of trouble with the standard ones popping off. That car is now dialled on carpet.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Caribbean Invitational 2015

Hey guys check out this race happening in Jamaica August 14-16, 2015. Visit website for further details jamrockrccarclub.org/caribbean or email us at [email protected]

You can also like us on Facebook/JAMRCCLUB
Explore our official Club website jamrockrccarclub
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-carib-int-gp.jpg  
Old 07-23-2015, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

BILKO1, any chance of listing your setup? Thanks.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by c-lyon
BILKO1, any chance of listing your setup? Thanks.
For M06 ?
Old 07-23-2015, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Granpa
Okay, minor disagreement here. No biggie. It's good that we can disagree in a discussion. At least with a sane person, I can do this w/out being told I'm lacking in manners, egocentric, and consider this thread mine. I even had a couple of people call me a bully among other things.

I've always considered R/C Tech a place to exchange ideas and opinions. I'll admit to posting more than average cause I have a lot of ideas, learn much from my racing buddies, many opinions (some good, some not so good), and a desire to share what I know or have learned from others. A couple or more people have claimed I dominate this thread with my postings. But if you look at when these people joined and the # of posts they've racked up, you'll get a true assessment of that claim.

I appreciate the ability to disagree. You're wrong of course, but it's no biggie.
Hey Granpa as a new guy here. You and others have helped me a great deal. I appreciate your input aswell as others. And disagreeing and discussing things is how we ALL learn. Your not a bully at all.. I got your back....now anyone have a suggestion for some good servo's? I have just replaced mine that came with the radio. The first one was getting 'twitchy'. Much smoother now but what is a good brand too look for and what do we look for when buying a servo?
Old 07-23-2015, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

A few pages back I think I posted the servo's I use..

Deja Moo~
Old 07-23-2015, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M05 newbie
Hey Granpa as a new guy here. You and others have helped me a great deal. I appreciate your input aswell as others. And disagreeing and discussing things is how we ALL learn. Your not a bully at all.. I got your back....now anyone have a suggestion for some good servo's? I have just replaced mine that came with the radio. The first one was getting 'twitchy'. Much smoother now but what is a good brand too look for and what do we look for when buying a servo?
Savox 1252mg works for me!
Think they're about 60 bux
Old 07-23-2015, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Futaba S9452, Spektrum S6040, S6070.

I listed them on my albums page as well. I keep forgetting the Futaba's model number. These 3 are great servos.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M05 newbie
Thanx, I appreciate someone on my 6. The best servo depends some on the brand of radio you have. Also if you're contemplating a radio upgrade. For example , if you have a Brand X radio, but are thinking f going to upgrade to a Brand Y, buy the Brand Y servo. I really don't like mixing brands, but haven't the foggiest why this should be so. I just to this cause someone who knows about radios told me I shouldn't. But this was before 2.4 so don't know if that is still valid.

I like a standard size servo , 0.11 in speed or faster and 90 or more oz of torque.

Of the off brands, the Savox seems to the most popular at the track.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Futaba S9452, Spektrum S6040, S6070.

I listed them on my albums page as well. I keep forgetting the Futaba's model number. These 3 are great servos.
Congratulations on your 1000th post. To do that in less than 6 months is an amazing accomplishment.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congratulations on your 1000th post. To do that in less than 6 months is an amazing accomplishment.
I just shot coffee out my nose. Thanks, Bob.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Meh, this is nothing! Just getting warmed up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.