Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 07-18-2015, 01:05 PM
  #24811  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,354
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I received the Yeah steering link so I installed it on my M05.
I wasn't expecting that I had to buy extra screws to make this thing work.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...78-yeah-no.jpg

I improvised using a servo mount screw spacer that I had to grind to size as I did not have any 3x10mm machine step screws with a very narrow spacer diameter.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...yeah-grind.jpg

Overall I like it, but at the price I paid, I think I'd just spend another $20 and get the Tamiya set for my V2 next time. The M05 feels a lot more solid now on/off throttle and the turn-in response seems improved. (latter might be in my head).

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/...h-finished.jpg
sakadachi is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 01:10 PM
  #24812  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
KA2AEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tottenville, NYC
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M05 newbie
Hey I might able a little addicted admitting this... but my email notification isn't working.. anyone else having this problem?
Yours was working?
KA2AEV is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 01:53 PM
  #24813  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 281
Default

Originally Posted by KA2AEV
Yours was working?
I was getting it all the time. An now nothing. Makes me sad. Hey sakadachi...the 3 racing one looks a little better quality. And what new screws?
M05 newbie is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 02:50 PM
  #24814  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,367
Default

Originally Posted by niznai
Yeah, you totally missed the point.

Go back a few pages where I mentioned fundamentals, see what's it all about.

And no, there is no need for any of that. His problem was that he didn't understand what was perpendicular to what, which the manual shows very nicely.

And no, there is no need for an obscure manual. I haven't bought a recent mini but I am pretty sure the picture would be in the current manual if it needs to be.
Oh that manual. In mine it was wrong.

Now, back to the compass, protractor and scale Just kidding.

I'm not going to get involved in anymore prolonged discussions. So, if you're looking for an argument, you can have the last word. I'm done.
Granpa is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 04:30 PM
  #24815  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,354
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M05 newbie
Hey sakadachi...the 3 racing one looks a little better quality. And what new screws?
Yeah, say NO to Yeah pun intended. I couldn't locate the 3 Racing one in the USA.

Definitely getting the Tamiya one for my V2 next. I couldn't believe the Yeah one doesn't come with all the hardware needed to put it together. What's a screw cost in HongKong? Just put the 4 needed in there dang it, add 10 cents to the price or whatever. A silly way to loose a good customer.
sakadachi is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 04:55 PM
  #24816  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 281
Default

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Yeah, say NO to Yeah pun intended. I couldn't locate the 3 Racing one in the USA.

Definitely getting the Tamiya one for my V2 next. I couldn't believe the Yeah one doesn't come with all the hardware needed to put it together. What's a screw cost in HongKong? Just put the 4 needed in there dang it, add 10 cents to the price or whatever. A silly way to loose a good customer.
Dude the 3 racing has everything you need.....I think. It showed it all included. Let ya know when i get mine. And it has a center link mark too

Last edited by M05 newbie; 07-18-2015 at 05:19 PM.
M05 newbie is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 04:57 PM
  #24817  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 290
Default

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Yeah, say NO to Yeah pun intended. I couldn't locate the 3 Racing one in the USA.

Definitely getting the Tamiya one for my V2 next. I couldn't believe the Yeah one doesn't come with all the hardware needed to put it together. What's a screw cost in HongKong? Just put the 4 needed in there dang it, add 10 cents to the price or whatever. A silly way to loose a good customer.
Thats interesting, because mine came with the screw.

However I do feel as though 3racing make better products than yeah racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niznai View Post
Yeah, you totally missed the point.

Go back a few pages where I mentioned fundamentals, see what's it all about.

And no, there is no need for any of that. His problem was that he didn't understand what was perpendicular to what, which the manual shows very nicely.

And no, there is no need for an obscure manual. I haven't bought a recent mini but I am pretty sure the picture would be in the current manual if it needs to be.
Oh that manual. In mine it was wrong.

Now, back to the compass, protractor and scale Just kidding.

I'm not going to get involved in anymore prolonged discussions. So, if you're looking for an argument, you can have the last word. I'm done.
It's wrong in my manual as well. Very misleading from Tamiya.
filippimini is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 05:45 PM
  #24818  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,354
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M05 newbie
Dude the 3 racing has everything you need.....I think. It showed it all included. Let ya know when i get mine. And it has a center link mark too
That's cool. The Yeah one has the centering mark too. It is perfectly centered and square right now.

Originally Posted by filippimini
Thats interesting, because mine came with the screw.

However I do feel as though 3racing make better products than yeah racing.

It's wrong in my manual as well. Very misleading from Tamiya.
Even the step screw? Because even on the instructions it says SOLD SEPARATELY. If it was some regular 3mm screw no biggie, but it's a special step screw with a narrow diameter. How can that be sold separately? So stupid.

I wanted the 3Racing one axle posted, but I could not locate one in the USA. I want to buy locally in the USA.

You know, I looked at the M05 manual while I was stapling the Yeah instructions to the steering linkage page and noticed that too.
sakadachi is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 06:20 PM
  #24819  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 281
Default

Originally Posted by sakadachi
That's cool. The Yeah one has the centering mark too. It is perfectly centered and square right now.



Even the step screw? Because even on the instructions it says SOLD SEPARATELY. If it was some regular 3mm screw no biggie, but it's a special step screw with a narrow diameter. How can that be sold separately? So stupid.

I wanted the 3Racing one axle posted, but I could not locate one in the USA. I want to buy locally in the USA.

You know, I looked at the M05 manual while I was stapling the Yeah instructions to the steering linkage page and noticed that too.
Any pics of said missing screw....instructions or something?
M05 newbie is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 06:24 PM
  #24820  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
sakadachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,354
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M05 newbie
Any pics of said missing screw....instructions or something?
The pictures are in the link of my post original post, actually.

EDIT: I posted it in your profile page.

Last edited by sakadachi; 07-18-2015 at 07:11 PM.
sakadachi is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 08:44 PM
  #24821  
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,974
Default

Originally Posted by Granpa
Oh that manual. In mine it was wrong.

Now, back to the compass, protractor and scale Just kidding.

I'm not going to get involved in anymore prolonged discussions. So, if you're looking for an argument, you can have the last word. I'm done.

You are very narrow minded and very ego driven, my friend. Not everybody looks for arguments and last words, and you have to realise that this is not your sand box. You have to share, and god forbid, perhaps learn something in the process. Manners at the very least.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by niznai; 07-18-2015 at 09:00 PM.
niznai is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 08:51 PM
  #24822  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (75)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,347
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by niznai
Manners at the very least.
Oh, the irony...
Dan is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 09:07 PM
  #24823  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 290
Default

Originally Posted by niznai
You are very narrow minded and very ego driven, my friend. Not everybody looks for arguments and last words, and you have to realise that this is not your sand box. You have to share, and god forbid, perhaps learn something in the process. Manners at the very least.
Looks as though there could be two different manuals. This is from my m-05 chassis manual. Clearly showing to mount the horn perpendicular to the servo, even though we know this to be incorrect.
filippimini is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 09:24 PM
  #24824  
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,974
Default

Originally Posted by Dan
Oh, the irony...
Yeah, the irony.

As a moderator I think you should be more careful. You chastised me for some pretty benign posts (I called some people Tamiya fanboys - which they gladly admit they are) without taking the bother to read the open insults and name calling I was answering and the malignant posts directed at me. Not only once.

I challenge you to show us here where I insulted anyone.
niznai is offline  
Old 07-18-2015, 09:29 PM
  #24825  
Tech Elite
 
niznai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: All over the place
Posts: 2,974
Default

Originally Posted by filippimini
Looks as though there could be two different manuals. This is from my m-05 chassis manual. Clearly showing to mount the horn perpendicular to the servo, even though we know this to be incorrect.
Well, what can I say? I found the correct servo setup in a number of manuals. The one I linked above is form an M01/02 manual, but from foggy memory the explanation is present in the Durga manual, and sometimes in supplements or explanations at the back of the manual where there are brief tuning hints. It takes all of 10 seconds to locate these on the internet. It's not like it's a carefully protected secret like say tuning minis.
niznai is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.