Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 07-17-2015, 10:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Granpa
It only gets that way if------------. Glad to see you post here once in awhile. Too bad the new newbies don't have your web site cause so many of us grew up there. Fundamentals never get dated
I posted a link to a downloadable version of the rc-mini.net website a few pages back. It's worth downloading.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony gray
I'm scared to say anything any more lest it turn into 5 pages of discussing servo horn adjustment again....
Cork it, Priscilla.
Old 07-18-2015, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Too quiet in here. I need to start something. Bonecrusher smells like a goat. Sydewynder has a used wax paper fetish. Granpa is actually a 17 year old kid from Toledo. Tony G's real name is Priscilla. KA2AEV is a Hobbit.

More scandals later if this place stays boring.
Ahhh, excuse me
But I really do perfer
Angry Little Lawn Gnome

Old 07-18-2015, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

And Monkeyracings true identity is
Wait for it

Drum Roll

Jeff Gordon of NASCAR
Old 07-18-2015, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Too quiet in here. I need to start something. Bonecrusher smells like a goat. Sydewynder has a used wax paper fetish. Granpa is actually a 17 year old kid from Toledo. Tony G's real name is Priscilla. KA2AEV is a Hobbit.

More scandals later if this place stays boring.
Hahahah that's hilarious. How about this. Yet another question from the guy with soaking wet ears. Is there a gear set that will make the mini faster? But still as durable if not better than stock? Priscilla... goat stinker....little toledo boy.....anyone???
Old 07-18-2015, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M05 newbie
Hahahah that's hilarious. How about this. Yet another question from the guy with soaking wet ears. Is there a gear set that will make the mini faster? But still as durable if not better than stock? Priscilla... goat stinker....little toledo boy.....anyone???
Honestly all of the after market gear sets that I've heard of tend to turn to mush
After a few runs and they're not worth the extra investment money
If you're looking for extra speed, you could just get a fast engine, if you're running a 21.5 just get a 17.5
I just got a turnigy 17.5 for 40 bux that's gonna go into my TA05 for touring car
Old 07-18-2015, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

It only gets that way if------------. Glad to see you post here once in awhile. Too bad the new newbies don't have your web site cause so many of us grew up there. Fundamentals never get dated
Ha! Fundamentals, eh?

There's no need for any discussion about servo horns if you find an old Tamiya manual (be it on the net) but you need to look.
Old 07-18-2015, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Ya i need a faster car now. I'm really getting the hang of driving now that the car behaves like it should. Can't wait for the shimizus Granpa!!! So in everyone's experience a 3000kv motor will be enough??...I just really don't wanna spend the money and time and be disappointed. I know I've asked this question a few times but I think I might go with a 4000kv. I can always dial it down with my radio right??
Old 07-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by niznai
Ha! Fundamentals, eh?

There's no need for any discussion about servo horns if you find an old Tamiya manual (be it on the net) but you need to look.
Unless I totally missed the point, the discussion was about the geometry. What was needed was a compass, protractor, and a scale----the kind you measure with. No need to research an obscure Tamiya manual. Either that or knowledge of the applicable geometrical theorem or theorems.

This was and is a fundamental like clean comms were to the brushed motor folk.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Ya i need a faster car now. I'm really getting the hang of driving now that the car behaves like it should. Can't wait for the shimizus Granpa!!! So in everyone's experience a 3000kv motor will be enough??...I just really don't wanna spend the money and time and be disappointed. I know I've asked this question a few times but I think I might go with a 4000kv. I can always dial it down with my radio right??
3000 Kv is just a tad more than what I have been running with my 21.5. I am satisfied with the speed on a large indoor track, but you might want a bit more if you are on a big outdoor track.

Yes, you can always turn down the throttle endpoint. You might also consider turning down the brakes, as anything more than what is necessary to lock up the wheels isn't necessary and puts a strain on the gearbox.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Unless I totally missed the point, the discussion was about the geometry. What was needed was a compass, protractor, and a scale----the kind you measure with. No need to research an obscure Tamiya manual. Either that or knowledge of the applicable geometrical theorem or theorems.

Geeez now I know you really paid attention in Geometry Class this last semester!
Old 07-18-2015, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, you totally missed the point.

Go back a few pages where I mentioned fundamentals, see what's it all about.

And no, there is no need for any of that. His problem was that he didn't understand what was perpendicular to what, which the manual shows very nicely.

And no, there is no need for an obscure manual. I haven't bought a recent mini but I am pretty sure the picture would be in the current manual if it needs to be.
Old 07-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

I'm sorry I thought you were running brushless
You can dial the speed of the engine down using the radio
You'll have to read your manual on how to do that cause its different with each radio
All I can say is try the 4kv motor if you're looking for that extra spark
Just make sure that its a 540 silver can you borrow from your partners tool box
Old 07-18-2015, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Ya the one in my buddies tool box is a 540 20t. Paid 20 for it and it's brushed. I'm gonna go with the 4000kv. It's on rc mart as a combo with the waterproof esc 120amp. 99 dollars USD. I'm gonna try that one. I have no track for now but I need some more get up and go. That's my decision but I still have my steering and tires to do first so I'll keep u guys updated.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Hey I might able a little addicted admitting this... but my email notification isn't working.. anyone else having this problem?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.