Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 07-16-2015, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Sakadachi,

Could you post a video of your cars racing around in your basement track? I'm curious how they handle on your small track.

Thanks,

Ivan
Old 07-16-2015, 07:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sakadachi
I use plastic marker dots I bought from Amazon. Search Amazon/Ebay even your local sporting goods store for "marker dots." A lot of soccer players appear to use these low profile dots for practice.

If you get the low profile ones your car will just drive over them and wont slide around too much. If it does slide, you can temporarily use some duct tape rolled up inside and attach it to the pavement.

I bought like 3 dozen of these, but I think 2 dozen would be plenty.

Another thing I bring is a deck brush (broom) to clear any pebbles and debris on the parking lot.
Hope this helps!
Ya I have lots of the brooms at work lol. Pebbles are a pain. I'm going to start looking for some markers..maybe I can come up with a portable type of track.. like little corners and such. ...who knows I could start a parking lot club of racers lol
Old 07-16-2015, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
Hey Sakadachi,

Could you post a video of your cars racing around in your basement track? I'm curious how they handle on your small track.

Thanks,

Ivan
Hey there, Ivan. Yeah, I don't post video's on youtube or anything so not sure how I would do this, but I've received several (many?) requests from 'lurkers' on information about my track how I put it together, etc, and a clip.

I can say that the cars handle very well especially with my recent addition of rubber runners on the floors; not traction roll pancar grippy like some foams on carpet, but resembles closer to running on warmer asphalt. 60D S-Grips can potentially traction roll my M03 if I am not careful.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M05 newbie
Ya I have lots of the brooms at work lol. Pebbles are a pain. I'm going to start looking for some markers..maybe I can come up with a portable type of track.. like little corners and such. ...who knows I could start a parking lot club of racers lol
Do you have a heat gun? You can make your own curbs. Check out my albums page for my mini track where I show pictures of how I made the curbs out of cable tunnel (aka cable ducts).

It's fairly easy to make if you have a heat gun. Hairdryer will not get hot enough for the task.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Hey there, Ivan. Yeah, I don't post video's on youtube or anything so not sure how I would do this, but I've received several (many?) requests from 'lurkers' on information about my track how I put it together, etc, and a clip.

I can say that the cars handle very well especially with my recent addition of rubber runners on the floors; not traction roll pancar grippy like some foams on carpet, but resembles closer to running on warmer asphalt. 60D S-Grips can potentially traction roll my M03 if I am not careful.
There's many resources online like: http://m.wikihow.com/Upload-a-Video-to-YouTube.

I'm just basically interested on how you wheel your cars around your track.

Thanks,

Ivan
Old 07-16-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Newbie, go to a local sports place and look for midget cones
They're used for soccer practices and come bundled. When I got suckered into being a coach
I got a pack of them. They're not too expensive, atleast they weren't three years ago
Now they're a part of the TGR secret R&D facility!
Old 07-16-2015, 09:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Lurker! Ivan's one of the smartest, fastest drivers you'll ever see. I've watched him win races with broken suspension zip tied together and tires flapping off the rims. Super nice guy, too.

He's also a total hack!

Old 07-16-2015, 10:06 PM
Tech Elite

Oh I wasn't implying Ivan was a lurker! I've seen video's you guys posted of his driving.. that car with the flag, right?

I get random requests sometimes from people who do not post much here but checks out the site. They call themselves lurkers.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M05 newbie
The more complicated the accoutrements, the more it takes to lay the track down and pack up.

I use a few flat markers (like cones only a lot flatter, much like the corner markers you see in competitions at high level) and a bucket of chalk. Track laid down and packed up in 5 minutes. I use a couple of (low grip) asphalt tennis courts very nicely resurfaced recently (a lot better than our track - nice, flat and smooth).
Old 07-17-2015, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by niznai
The more complicated the accoutrements, the more it takes to lay the track down and pack up.

I use a few flat markers (like cones only a lot flatter, much like the corner markers you see in competitions at high level) and a bucket of chalk. Track laid down and packed up in 5 minutes. I use a couple of (low grip) asphalt tennis courts very nicely resurfaced recently (a lot better than our track - nice, flat and smooth).
Man you just sparked the fire. I have a huge tennis court down the street at the park....problem is... I think there is a lot of people that like tennis lol we'll see. Thanks for the idea!
Old 07-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Not to sound picky or anything, but we had a discussion on that long steering rod to servo horn right angle and even length steering rod discussion a few days ago? The one that I completely brainfarted on thinking that the long rod was parallel to the servo housing on the M05's.

In your picture I think you can center up the servo arm a little more 90 degrees to the longer rod, if you encounter uneven turn radius right to left. Then the steering rods would be adjusted to equal lengths left and right. If it doesn't bug you, no issue.

I'm actually dialling steering out so it might make no difference, but I will check it out.

BTW, I also love your body scheme![/QUOTE]

Thanks 😁
Old 07-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 32819toon
Not to sound picky or anything, but we had a discussion on that long steering rod to servo horn right angle and even length steering rod discussion a few days ago? The one that I completely brainfarted on thinking that the long rod was parallel to the servo housing on the M05's.

In your picture I think you can center up the servo arm a little more 90 degrees to the longer rod, if you encounter uneven turn radius right to left. Then the steering rods would be adjusted to equal lengths left and right. If it doesn't bug you, no issue.

I'm actually dialling steering out so it might make no difference, but I will check it out.

BTW, I also love your body scheme!
Thanks 😁[/QUOTE]

Made a huge difference for me. Like new car difference. And the toe adjustments are more even now. Notice how one side is more extended than the other to keep the wheels straight...just a thought. It did help me tho
Old 07-17-2015, 08:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Too quiet in here. I need to start something. Bonecrusher smells like a goat. Sydewynder has a used wax paper fetish. Granpa is actually a 17 year old kid from Toledo. Tony G's real name is Priscilla. KA2AEV is a Hobbit.

More scandals later if this place stays boring.
Old 07-17-2015, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm scared to say anything any more lest it turn into 5 pages of discussing servo horn adjustment again....
Old 07-17-2015, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony gray
I'm scared to say anything any more lest it turn into 5 pages of discussing servo horn adjustment again....
It only gets that way if------------. Glad to see you post here once in awhile. Too bad the new newbies don't have your web site cause so many of us grew up there. Fundamentals never get dated

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.