Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 07-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I searched but can't seem to find the post where it lists the parts needed to convert the M05 to the V2. I am going to convert mine to V2 too. Will have two V2's but that's okay.

Can someone please teach me which parts are needed?

A-parts
L-parts
Motorplate
What else is needed?

TIA!!
Old 07-14-2015, 01:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A parts, lower arms, longer rear hinge pins, motor plate (optional)
Old 07-14-2015, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
A parts, lower arms, longer rear hinge pins, motor plate (optional)
Thanks, monkeyracing.

No spacer for spur needed? I thought I read somewhere Calvin mentioned that.

I believe he was referring to the 5x1.6mm BA12 spacer.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by howardcano
While you guys are diddling with the steering servo arm angle, keep in mind that while you can set the arm to be geometrically perfect, the servo itself can have different travel to the left and right for equal pulse width change. The feedback mechanism inside the servo is a potentiometer (from the wonderful world of analog components) which is guaranteed to have at least some non-linearity.

I just ended up changing radios in my M05, and the new radio doesn't have EPA adjustments, so I changed the length of the pushrod to get equal left/right turn radii just as we have been discussing. It doesn't take much change in length to make a big difference in the left/right endpoints!
Yeah, we used to offset the servo horns so that we could get unequal throws for a R/C helicopter. this was quite awhile ago for me so can't for the life of me remember the purpose. As the newer more sophisticated radios were introduced, this was done electronically.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:05 PM
Tech Elite

I'm reading a few hundred pages back in search for M05 to V2 conversion parts and coincidentally ran across a couple of posts of some of you not gluing your tires either.

Why give me all the crap while you guys were doing it too?

Ok, back to searching...
Old 07-14-2015, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by niznai
Oh god, please tell me you're not related?!
Hey now, while searching for the conversion parts, it looks like you and Granpa got into a little frenzy back around page 1424 yourself.

Lots of crap I can dig up and put to good use. jk

Okay, back to searching again...!
Old 07-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Doc, how ya' been????? Glad to see you're still around. I've been fighting the cancer bug for about a year so the cars have been on hold.
Hi Granpa, you might be referring to rccardr (Doc). I'm the one from the Philippines
Old 07-14-2015, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccartips
Hi Granpa, you might be referring to rccardr (Doc). I'm the one from the Philippines
Joel, how ya been???? Sorry man, you're way better looking than Doc Mertes.
Getting too old to be let loose in public.

Anyway, built a couple of Cans that were outstanding. Tried something a little new and 29,000+ at 7.2v with power numbers way into the 40s. Torque was up 10-15% and ran pretty cool for numbers like this. This was on my Fantom dyno. It's been 2yrs with the B/L motors so these will never see a race. Must have given them away to somebody. In fact gave almost all of the motors away cause the motor box is empty except for one. That was one Doc built for me when I first started with the motors. Sentiment you know and it was a gift so you don't give that kind of stuff away.

Wish everyone felt that way. I gave some guy 2 X-Ray TCs cause he was struggling with an old beat up TC3. They were on e-bay the following week and we never saw him again.

How's the daughter doing with her racing???? Still doing a little Mini or did she go into TC or F1.

If you're not Joel, I apologize. My excuse is that I'll be 80 in less than 5months and I haven't heard from you in way over a year.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Granpa-san, I'm kind of that way. My wife gave me the M05 earlier this year so I can't just abandon it. I don't like how it drives right now, I'm probably just setting it up all wrong, but I decided I will convert it into the V2 and keep whatever I can.

I rarely ask for non-tool items from the wife because I want to keep it around for as long as I can.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Hey now, while searching for the conversion parts, it looks like you and Granpa got into a little frenzy back around page 1424 yourself.

Lots of crap I can dig up and put to good use. jk

Okay, back to searching again...!
What do you mean put to good use????? Keep reading cause niznai and I were always squabbling over something. Did you know he drives touring cars???? Wow, hot diggety, has to be smarter than all the guys who drive Minis. So when he posts something, bow, get down on your knees, give thanx to the Lord.

Hey, niznai, just joking man. Put the gun down
Old 07-14-2015, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Granpa
What do you mean put to good use????? Keep reading cause niznai and I were always squabbling over something. Did you know he drives touring cars???? Wow, hot diggety, has to be smarter than all the guys who drive Minis. So when he posts something, bow, get down on your knees, give thanx to the Lord.

Hey, niznai, just joking man. Put the gun down
LOL!
Old 07-14-2015, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

I am old skool. You know, give your kids enough to do something with themselves, not enough to do nothing.

Fundamental principles for instance. I teach youngsters and do not like how everybody wants "the formula". Society has created a new species of people too lazy to figure things out or themselves (and unfortunately more and more incapable of doing it). Needless to say my popularity is in freefall, but like Granpa, I am at an age when I demand the world change and if it doesn't, too bad!
Old 07-14-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

I like you niznai how you are direct and old school.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Guys....HOLY CRAP! So I got home before the wife and had some time in between rain storms and it was dry enough to give her a boot and tune the front toe. WOW! This car has never handled so good. It actually turns how it's supposed to. Like incredible difference. Just so excited that I though I had to share that. And that grinding noise I heard that I thought was the diff.... another rookie mistake....it's my tattered body making noise on the wheels. The diff still free spins and you can hear that all the power that's supposed to be at the wheels isn't getting there....but hey this thing handles like a dream now. S grips in the rear slick tamiya a type on the front. Fantastic difference...thanks again guys.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Ok. So no we r looking into bodies....I've heard the swift is a preference for some. What is the difference between the bodies driving wise... isn't it just a shell that sits on top and looks nice. What should I watch out for and why.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.