Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 07-12-2015, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M05 newbie
Hey....for everyone. How do your wives look at working on rc 's and driving. Whether it be racing events or parking lots racing your guardian angels. What are their views on it as far as the family and other aspects of it I.E money..time etc...
As long as I get the Honey Dews done and help out Golddust when he needs
the Instruction, He's my son who's learning to read instructions and turn a wrench at the same time, its cool!
Old 07-12-2015, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Hey....for everyone. How do your wives look at working on rc 's and driving. Whether it be racing events or parking lots racing your guardian angels. What are their views on it as far as the family and other aspects of it I.E money..time etc...
My wife doesn't care because I don't abuse the privilege. I have other hobbies that that take up a lot of time and (a lot more ) money but I am always there for my family.

I don't race at local events any more because I already spent a good amount of time at the tracks over a decade ago and enjoyed it. I'm kinda past that stage now and like to enjoy RC at a personal level with my kids at my own pace.

But I will say I don't like driving my car just up and down the street with no obstacles. So I setup my track in the basement and also on occasion take the kids out to my work's parking lot, set up a quick track using marker dots, and drive there for a few hours. It's plenty fun for me.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sakadachi
My wife doesn't care because I don't abuse the privilege. I have other hobbies that that take up a lot of time and (a lot more ) money but I am always there for my family.

I don't race at local events any more because I already spent a good amount of time at the tracks over a decade ago and enjoyed it. I'm kinda past that stage now and like to enjoy RC at a personal level with my kids at my own pace.

But I will say I don't like driving my car just up and down the street with no obstacles. So I setup my track in the basement and also on occasion take the kids out to my work's parking lot, set up a quick track using marker dots, and drive there for a few hours. It's plenty fun for me.
How old are you and your kids sakadachi if you don't mind. I'm 26 with a 6yr old daughter and another daughter on the way.
Yes I live in the estrogen pool of princesses right now. Lol
Old 07-12-2015, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by filippimini
Have you ever tried these ESC's with brushless motor? What amp rating do they have?
Tamiya rates the TBLE02-S at 60A continuous. Here's some info on it, click the SPECIFICATIONS tab for the info.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...rushless-45057

I think it works great, and I been buying these on ebay around $25 shipped for kits that do not come with an ESC.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

How old are you and your kids sakadachi if you don't mind. I'm 26 with a 6yr old daughter and another daughter on the way.
Yes I live in the estrogen pool of princesses right now. Lol
HAHAHA!!

I'm in my 40's and my kids are 8 and 11. My wife says she has 3 kids in the house.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:27 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm permanently disabled, so finding the time to work on stuff is easy. (Daytime) The tricky part is scheduling rides to get to the track, since racing season is also workout and theatre season. Between all that and life, I keep her super busy 6-7 nights a week.

When I was still able bodied, she was quite pleased when I quit working with real cars, as I'd made the mistake of telling her about burying the needle while "test driving" a few things late at night. RCs aren't much cheaper though, because I tended to build cheap cars.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sakadachi
HAHAHA!!

I'm in my 40's and my kids are 8 and 11. My wife says she has 3 kids in the house.
My wife has definitely said that many times lol. That means we're good dad's LOL!!!!
Old 07-12-2015, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
I'm permanently disabled, so finding the time to work on stuff is easy. (Daytime) The tricky part is scheduling rides to get to the track, since racing season is also workout and theatre season. Between all that and life, I keep her super busy 6-7 nights a week.

When I was still able bodied, she was quite pleased when I quit working with real cars, as I'd made the mistake of telling her about burying the needle while "test driving" a few things late at night. RCs aren't much cheaper though, because I tended to build cheap cars.
Monkey your a wrench turner by trade too? (Used to be I guess?)
Old 07-12-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

It's good that you're very active! You're a funny guy and I just love reading your posts!

My wife has definitely said that many times lol. That means we're good dad's LOL!!!!
I suppose so.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Granpa
Some can enjoy the hobby just Bashin' or running around by themselves, but I just can't relate to that.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

When I was dating my wife (gf at the time) I was racing Legend cars, and she had no exposure to racing. She was cool enough to come down to the races with me for the whole day, but she got bored. When I asked her about it, she said she was bored because she didn't want to sit there all day, she wanted to help! So, I had a smoking hot gf, taking tire pressures and temps, writing my report in my setup books, and helping me every race day.... so I married her lol. She's cool with my addiction, she makes time for me, and I for her (she likes to run marathons etc). We are both 37, with our first born at 4mnths now

Finding time can be tough, and reminding myself of what is important can be tough, but compromising, and SCHEDULING has worked very well.

Something that worked very well for me - Those nights that you have to spend in the garage getting your next car ready? Don't work on it in the garage. Get a serving tray, and work on the coffee table. You can be with your loved ones at the same time as you get your cars ready Just be VERY careful about grease and oil on the carpet, or itll be the last time you try that one!

Sorry for the OT, but I could be considered on topic, we're helping each other find more time to work on our M chassis cars lol.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Monkey your a wrench turner by trade too? (Used to be I guess?)
Mostly for fun. Built a few things for myself, helped build some cool stuff for others. Anything from 50hp to 2500+hp. I worked for a Porsche dealer at the time I fell ill. Good fun. Got to "test drive" some pretty awesome cars on slow days. I really miss tracking obscure parts for Porsches, so I do it for minis instead.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Mostly for fun. Built a few things for myself, helped build some cool stuff for others. Anything from 50hp to 2500+hp. I worked for a Porsche dealer at the time I fell ill. Good fun. Got to "test drive" some pretty awesome cars on slow days. I really miss tracking obscure parts for Porsches, so I do it for minis instead.
Ya I'm a Bmw tech right now. Done some porsche cup car work too. Really nice cars porsche is. My mini is my race car I'll never have. Lol kids and wife come before my needs and wants for speed. Lol
Old 07-12-2015, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by axle182
When I was dating my wife (gf at the time) I was racing Legend cars, and she had no exposure to racing. She was cool enough to come down to the races with me for the whole day, but she got bored. When I asked her about it, she said she was bored because she didn't want to sit there all day, she wanted to help! So, I had a smoking hot gf, taking tire pressures and temps, writing my report in my setup books, and helping me every race day.... so I married her lol. She's cool with my addiction, she makes time for me, and I for her (she likes to run marathons etc). We are both 37, with our first born at 4mnths now

Finding time can be tough, and reminding myself of what is important can be tough, but compromising, and SCHEDULING has worked very well.

Something that worked very well for me - Those nights that you have to spend in the garage getting your next car ready? Don't work on it in the garage. Get a serving tray, and work on the coffee table. You can be with your loved ones at the same time as you get your cars ready Just be VERY careful about grease and oil on the carpet, or itll be the last time you try that one!

Sorry for the OT, but I could be considered on topic, we're helping each other find more time to work on our M chassis cars lol.
I'm finding that finding time myself part pretty hard right now lol. Scheduling is a good idea but a schedule I don't think would help because my life right now doesn't go "as scheduled" right now with pregos. So it's ok for now. Family first.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:43 PM
Tech Regular

Now I just had my steering all apart. What is the best way to have the servo centered with the long Shaft from the servo to the steering rack. Should I set the front wheels straight and even first because right now I have my trim significantly compensating to the left and the left front tie rod adjustment is pretty maxed out. Have the 3 racing linkage kit on there with a spanner to adjust it. Where should I start to set it up. I think I did something wrong lol.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.