Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 07-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I still think that my m-chassis collection is still not complete due to the lack of an M01 chassis...
Old 07-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M05 newbie
I want your basement lol
Back 15yrs ago when I first bought the house, I had a track down there which was almost taking up the ENTIRE basement for my MicroRS4.

But the AM/FM radios killed the fun because there was just too much interference and not enough places to race my TC cars; I just lost interest in RC all together. That's when I took a break...

I come back 15yrs later, what's this? 2.4GHz, binding, brushless motors, lipos ?! I love the non-interference of my 2.4GHz radios and that really brought back my interest into RC again.

I bought basically all the chassis in my signature last Fall into this year with the exception of a few that I had previously.
Old 07-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
You can't do one thing at a time. I've watched you crack a smile on the driver's stand, to see it followed immediately by a crash.
He's onto you Ax!!!
Watchout for those flying Monkeys!!!
Old 07-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by axle182
DONT TELL ME I CANT DO TWO THINGS AT ONCE! IT WORKS FOR ME!!...... sorry couldn't resist

Great advice, from rc, to any other form of motorsport, its the same rule. Don't change more than one thing if you want to learn what that one thing will effect. But damn its fun, when your past the learning stage, to do 5 setup changes on a Legends car, and the car goes from 3 tenths down, to a rocket..... Best feeling in the world
Yeah, I'm able to do two things at once like pick my nose and scratch my butt or rub my belly and pat my head. With one I can switch hands, with the other not so much.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Just got my rims ordered. 9.97 tamiya mini cooper wheels s2006. Any good? Anyone heard of em. Thanks ebay
Old 07-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I understand there are heaps of combos for wheels etc but if you are running low/mid grip asphalt and are not limited to TCS regs give the ride mini wheels a crack. They are bigger so do change the look (and top speed) but they come pre glued and work really well with no prep. We run the mc38 on the front and sc32 on the rear. Really good balance and wear.

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/Ride-SC32...els-2pcs-26019

Simon
Old 07-10-2015, 08:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The Ride tire/wheel combos are still a 60mm outside diameter tire, same as Tamiya. The wheel is larger, but they reduced tire sidewall height to maintain the size.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team_Krusty
I understand there are heaps of combos for wheels etc but if you are running low/mid grip asphalt and are not limited to TCS regs give the ride mini wheels a crack. They are bigger so do change the look (and top speed) but they come pre glued and work really well with no prep. We run the mc38 on the front and sc32 on the rear. Really good balance and wear.

Simon
Cool! Great info on alternatives. I like low profile tires while maintaining overall diameter.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Just got my rims ordered. 9.97 tamiya mini cooper wheels s2006. Any good? Anyone heard of em. Thanks ebay
Ahh, those are the R56 MINI wheels. Which body are you running again?

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
The Ride tire/wheel combos are still a 60mm outside diameter tire, same as Tamiya. The wheel is larger, but they reduced tire sidewall height to maintain the size.
But that's what you want. Inch up's, just like real car wheels.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sakadachi
Ahh, those are the R56 MINI wheels. Which body are you running again?
I'm running the mini racing body. M05. Just the one that came in the box. Hey side note: can I find another body to paint but just a clear one that's not 40 bucks. I want a mini and the older civic if possible. You know of any off hand that aren't too much money??
Old 07-10-2015, 11:37 PM
Tech Regular

Oh and update. Unfortunately no pics because I don't know how on my phone....I got the 3 racing linkage kit and tamiya camber arm adjustment kit. The linkage for the toe needed to be replaced so I upgraded it to an easier adjustable option. The 3 racing kit is WAY better plastic and came with a wrench (spanner) to adjust toe nice and easy. Nice blue ball joints on there now and metal threads. Also refilled the shocks so the actually work now lol. Installed the new black tamiya gears and cleaned all the left over road and shrapnel out and if it wasn't 130 am right now I'd be testing and tuning. As soon as I figure out how to post pics I'll upload them. Sakadachi I want to drive it in your basement now lol
Old 07-11-2015, 02:32 AM
Tech Regular

Simon
Simon, Have you ever tried 34's on the front. Would this help to increase steering? I'm finding that during winter when the track is cold I'm not getting the same grip up front when coming into a corner.

I'm thinking I might drop the oil weight in the diff as well. I liked the way your car was steering last weekend, but I probably won't go as low as yours.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Never tried them mate but yeah they would give a fraction more entry steering but also wear a little quicker. I'd be more inclined to drop the oil weight in the diff as a first try. Maybe down to 80-100k. I'm really happy with 30k

I've got some 100k I can bring to the track tomorrow.

Simon
Old 07-11-2015, 06:34 AM
Tech Elite

I'm running the mini racing body. M05. Just the one that came in the box. Hey side note: can I find another body to paint but just a clear one that's not 40 bucks. I want a mini and the older civic if possible. You know of any off hand that aren't too much money??
Cool. The Rover Mini's bodies I buy are usually around $32-33 shipped, but I am in the USA. ABC Hobbies makes other M-chassis bodies if you want to run a quick search at their site.

Oh and update. Unfortunately no pics because I don't know how on my phone....I got the 3 racing linkage kit and tamiya camber arm adjustment kit. The linkage for the toe needed to be replaced so I upgraded it to an easier adjustable option. The 3 racing kit is WAY better plastic and came with a wrench (spanner) to adjust toe nice and easy. Nice blue ball joints on there now and metal threads. Also refilled the shocks so the actually work now lol. Installed the new black tamiya gears and cleaned all the left over road and shrapnel out and if it wasn't 130 am right now I'd be testing and tuning. As soon as I figure out how to post pics I'll upload them. Sakadachi I want to drive it in your basement now lol
hahaha! Yes, my track is basically open 24/7 rain or shine. Good job installing the replacement parts. Hope you get some run time today!!

To post pictures here, I first upload my pictures onto the Albums page, and copy/paste the image URL which looks like
[IMG] [/IMG] and paste it into the post.

I do however resize the image to 600 pixels width using a photo editor before I upload into the albums page though. I'm just using my phone camera so the images aren't that great to begin with.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:37 AM
Tech Elite

Never tried them mate but yeah they would give a fraction more entry steering but also wear a little quicker. I'd be more inclined to drop the oil weight in the diff as a first try. Maybe down to 80-100k. I'm really happy with 30k

I've got some 100k I can bring to the track tomorrow.

Simon
Hey Simon, I see a lot of posts showing these huge values for the diff oil weight, where as the Associated diff oil I use in my M-Four are values like 3000 to 5000. Are the oil weight units the same or..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.