Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya mini cooper >

Tamiya mini cooper

Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Old 07-20-2012, 02:18 AM
  #17326  
Tech Apprentice
 
iti20090's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 56
Default

I second this - I also reduced the link lengths to reduce to total 18mm center to center (recommended here way back), to retro fit to the front on my M03 as well, which cured the ring of death for Tamiya A's and also gave more than a year running on a set of MX60's.

Cheers
Dave

Originally Posted by Tim K
Tamiya 54182 adjustable upper links for the rear work well. For the front I've never found the need but there are some solid alloy upper links in slightly different lengths, Tobee Craft from Japan make them.
iti20090 is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 08:06 AM
  #17327  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 93
Default

Is it normal for the TA-03 ball diff to loosen slightly over time?

I built it with Tamiya anti-wear grease and used threadlock on the main nut.
2hundy is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 11:26 AM
  #17328  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 960
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What springs and tires are you guys using for low traction parking lots? I have an m03

Originally Posted by 2hundy
Is it normal for the TA-03 ball diff to loosen slightly over time?

I built it with Tamiya anti-wear grease and used threadlock on the main nut.
Ive been using the ta03 diff for years now, I haven't had any issues with it loosening. Maybe check the condition of the threads inside the diff maybe?
Hyde is offline  
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 AM
  #17329  
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,367
Default

Originally Posted by OVA
Far as TCS races..what is everyones are useing for front diff?
Pack of grease in gear diff...or lock gear diff or ball diff ?
TA03 ball diff and a shimmed gear diff are the most popular. None of the "quick" guys are using the M05 ball diff.

And yes the TA03 ball diff will loosen slightly over time. Should not be a problem and only needs a rebuild when it gets rough.
Granpa is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 08:53 AM
  #17330  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 93
Default

I'm running a swb tamiya mini cooper body shell on my M-05. Has anyone got any tips on how to stop the tyres from scrubbing paint off the wheel arches?
2hundy is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 12:03 PM
  #17331  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 960
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 2hundy
I'm running a swb tamiya mini cooper body shell on my M-05. Has anyone got any tips on how to stop the tyres from scrubbing paint off the wheel arches?
Lift the body up one notch on the body post, raise ride height, or put masking tape in the wheel arches
Hyde is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 02:43 PM
  #17332  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (14)
 
Big Fran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 36
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Here are my mini's ready for the parking lot. The one on the left is my M05 Pro and my M03R is on the right. The 2nd pic is my 4wd mini. It is a TT01 with the 3 racing conversion. None have been run yet. My buddy is getting his and his kids mini's ready first. Then we get to beat them up. LOL

Big Fran is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 04:01 PM
  #17333  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,617
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Tamiya Asia Cup 2012 Finals

Held in Korea last weekend. My friend from Singapore wins the trip to Japan for the Worlds using a long wheelbase M05. He was using a Swift/medium wheelbase for the past few years, finally found success with a long wheelbase.

Indoor carpet track.
Tamiya 18T brushless sensorless motor
Tamiya LiFe battery

Photo credit: Tamiya Thailand Facebook



+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-tac2012mini.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-tac2012minilong.jpg   Tamiya mini cooper-tackoreamini.jpg  

Last edited by rccartips; 07-21-2012 at 04:15 PM.
rccartips is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 06:13 PM
  #17334  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (36)
 
cartix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 998
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Big Fran
Here are my mini's ready for the parking lot. The one on the left is my M05 Pro and my M03R is on the right. The 2nd pic is my 4wd mini. It is a TT01 with the 3 racing conversion. None have been run yet. My buddy is getting his and his kids mini's ready first. Then we get to beat them up. LOL

Nice paint jobs!
cartix is offline  
Old 07-21-2012, 06:17 PM
  #17335  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (14)
 
Big Fran's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 36
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by cartix
Nice paint jobs!
Thanks...

I only painted the 2 mini cooper bodies. My buddy painted the ABC Sunny body.
Big Fran is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 04:28 AM
  #17336  
Tech Regular
 
Tim K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 297
Default

Originally Posted by rccartips
Tamiya Asia Cup 2012 Finals

Held in Korea last weekend. My friend from Singapore wins the trip to Japan for the Worlds using a long wheelbase M05. He was using a Swift/medium wheelbase for the past few years, finally found success with a long wheelbase.
Thanks for the info. Well done ZiKai! after trying for so many years you finally won the Tamiya Asia Cup - you deserve it, congratulations
Tim K is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 04:32 AM
  #17337  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (35)
 
cannon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: A total distraction
Posts: 7,266
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rccartips
Tamiya Asia Cup 2012 Finals

Held in Korea last weekend. My friend from Singapore wins the trip to Japan for the Worlds using a long wheelbase M05. He was using a Swift/medium wheelbase for the past few years, finally found success with a long wheelbase.

Indoor carpet track.
Tamiya 18T brushless sensorless motor
Tamiya LiFe battery

Photo credit: Tamiya Thailand Facebook



+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Well done Leonard
cannon is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 06:49 AM
  #17338  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 83
Default

Anyone run extra upper bar behind the upper bar on front suspesion? as my upright? the piece between steering arm and double arms are cracked. so i want to put a extra bar on otherside of orginal upper bar to improve the strength?

sorry for bad english but i hope you understood what i mean ?
Vrooom is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 09:06 AM
  #17339  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 193
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Vrooom
Anyone run extra upper bar behind the upper bar on front suspesion? as my upright? the piece between steering arm and double arms are cracked. so i want to put a extra bar on otherside of orginal upper bar to improve the strength?

sorry for bad english but i hope you understood what i mean ?
A picture would help.
mariob62 is offline  
Old 07-22-2012, 10:02 AM
  #17340  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 83
Default

Originally Posted by mariob62
A picture would help.


the yellow bars is extra set of arms placed there along with orginal arms. i guess that will stop the caster block cracking? anyone done it?
Vrooom is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.