Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default m05 cfr and rrr chassis

Just been looking at these on rc mart. Hasnt the m chassis just turned into another TC?
Old 08-18-2011, 02:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

theres tests on them on rc-mini.net

there arent many places you can race them anyway so theyre more just a curiousity
Old 08-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

"Mini Racing Near Luton?!" - Original Thread Here.

Originally Posted by [[john]]
Hi Guys, I'm heading over on the 23rd, and considering packing my Mini and associated items to run whilst I'm there for a month!.

Are there any tracks close by? I don't mind driving as I will have access to a car.

If there is, could someone fill me in on the rules for Mini?

We run the Mini's with the HW 13t Brushless here in Aus, has this caught on over there yet?

Thanks in Advance for any information!

Regards,
John.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoop
been looking at these on rc mart. Hasnt the m chassis just turned into another TC?
90% of that stuff makes no difference or isn't allowed by major sanctioning
bodies anyway. It comes down to how much money you want to waste.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Tamiya Minis are the only Minis ! Everything else will come and go !!!! It's a quick buck for these companies, and they don't care about the newbies being fooled !!!!! It's just a shame!!!! Fun equals cash through deception to them !!!!!!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
I remember you saying that you run the 3Racing oil diff in your mini without alteration which I find strange as the pitch on the 3 Racing gears is slightly off so it binds and makes a lot of noise as well. This has also been confirmed by talking to the owner of 3 Racing. He said the pitch is not correct
Old quote, but I won't be called a liar! The Sakura diff is same as new diff released by 3racing except the plate like YOU found out yourself!
Pitch is same as Tamiya's, as you also found out with your own modified diff.
I bought some of the new oil diffs to add to my cars and took these photos.
Think you better talk to the 'owner' of 3racing. Been racing my own modified diff with no problems or leaks for months.

No fancy photos, just some taken with HTC Legend to prove my point.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RossoTorro
Old quote, but I won't be called a liar! The Sakura diff is same as new diff released by 3racing except the plate like YOU found out yourself!
Pitch is same as Tamiya's, as you also found out with your own modified diff.
I bought some of the new oil diffs to add to my cars and took these photos.
Think you better talk to the 'owner' of 3racing. Been racing my own modified diff with no problems or leaks for months.

No fancy photos, just some taken with HTC Legend to prove my point.
Rosso,

Not calling you a liar.

I have spoken to 3 racing and the original Sakura FF gears on the diff case are wrong. The pitch is slightly out. That is why when we made a modified diff we used the Sakura Zero diff and glued gears on the outside.

3 racing has now released the M05 gear diff and the gears are different no matter what you think. Yes they are very close but they are still not right.

That is also why that 3 Racing has also made all new gears for the Sakura FF as well as the pitch is wrong. The pitch is about a half a tooth out around the whole diff and it makes it bind up.

When we first saw the FF diff we asked 3 Racing straight away and the reply came back "no it will not fit properly" And yes I do talk to the owner of 3 Racing Jacky Lau as I raced the Sakura FF for them at the TITC event in Thailand
Old 08-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

any idea what's the ball size in the thrust bearing assembly (TA03 ball diff)? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default Australian rules

Can someone give me a link or just explain the rules that are used for the mini racing in Oz please.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

These are the VORTEC rules for Mini, which is where it all started - HERE

And the 'official' AARCMCC version of the Mini rules (there are differences but only minor) are HERE (Pg 30)
Old 08-21-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cheapskate.brok
any idea what's the ball size in the thrust bearing assembly (TA03 ball diff)? Thanks in advance.
Did you mean the tiny balls inside the thrust bearing? or the overall bearing assembly size?

I'm not 100% sure on the thrust bearing size but I know you can use a normal 1150 wheel bearing in place of the thrust bearing to really tighten up the diff action ... in fact, it's closer to a spool than a diff when you do that.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tim K
Did you mean the tiny balls inside the thrust bearing? or the overall bearing assembly size?

I'm not 100% sure on the thrust bearing size but I know you can use a normal 1150 wheel bearing in place of the thrust bearing to really tighten up the diff action ... in fact, it's closer to a spool than a diff when you do that.
Yup, those tiny balls. The thrust bearing is supposed to spin as free as possible right? I don't think that it should tighten or loosen itself (assuming those balls from the 1150 are larger) due to any binding, or contribute to any diff action for that matter. I wanted to get a few sets of ceramic balls over eBay, hence the inquiry.

http://myworld.ebay.com/hobbybearing...id=p4340.l2559

Anyone has any idea what the size is? Both the overall thrust bearing assembly size and the tiny balls. If not I'll take a few measurements and come up with an average in a few hours time. Cheers

Last edited by cheapskate.brok; 08-21-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:36 AM
Tech Rookie

its a nice car. upgrade to lipo after. gens ace
Old 08-21-2011, 04:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tony gray
These are the VORTEC rules for Mini, which is where it all started - HERE

And the 'official' AARCMCC version of the Mini rules (there are differences but only minor) are HERE (Pg 30)
Thats great. Many thanks. Going to suggest that we adopt them.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Initiate

replacing the old ABC Honda Jazz Mugen..

Last edited by bijono; 08-22-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.