R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-14-2008, 07:44 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Not sure who is selling "1.240+" as "economy" packs. I thought most were selling the economy at high 1.22's and low 1.23's.

EA
They are from SMC and were labeled "race" packs. I think the only real difference is the race packs have 20-25sec less runtime. You would of course know better than me (there is NO sarcasm there.....I know some might take it that way) but that is what I was told.
-Kane
Old 01-14-2008, 08:02 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Clarification on two things.

(1)EnerG cell are not EP, IB nor E-power. They are Cells from a manufactor we all know but SMC and Promatch are holding a higher quality control. It is easier to talk to companies that listen.
(2) as far as 1.24 race packs. If you are buying them from large distributors like stormer, tower and such. they have their own scale. they buy the cells at a large volume at a flat rate then they price accordingly. That's the nature of large volume sales.

BTW I hope this post is not taken negative. It's all good.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:48 PM   #18
Tech Rookie

Default My Numbers

I recently purchased 3 packs from ProMatch. I'm replacing some 3800 packs , of unknown age and condition, when I bought them used with my truck in August. I haven't had an opportunity to run them yet though. I grew tired of watching other racers with the exact set up as mine seem to scream down the track, and make triples that I could only double-single. The only difference was that they had new 4200 packs. I hope the ener-g packs are the answer. BTW, the numbers on my "gold" level packs are...

SEC 444 AV 1.232
SEC 461 AV 1.229
SEC 443 AV 1.233

I'll let you know what this novice's opinion is after I run them this Thursday.
moo900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:07 PM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My question to all those with EP cells and low voltage is where did you get them?
I ordered 500 cells direct from Hong Kong, nearly ALL the cells were 1.24-1.25 voltage. The packs are now about 4 months old and get used about 2 times a week and so far they still have great punch. One of the guys I shared the cells with has since rematched his and says while they have dropped in runtime, they still have maintained voltage and within the packs have stayed remarkably well matched.
I'm not knocking the EnerG cells since I've not tried them yet, (perhaps next batch)

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:13 PM   #20
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane-o View Post
They are from SMC and were labeled "race" packs. I think the only real difference is the race packs have 20-25sec less runtime. You would of course know better than me (there is NO sarcasm there.....I know some might take it that way) but that is what I was told.
-Kane
Yea those are the good packs. Their others are called "economy" packs and are the lower level ones.

Good sticks reguardless!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:39 PM   #21

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
My question to all those with EP cells and low voltage is where did you get them?
Trinity..
Desolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:58 AM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desolas View Post
Uh, yeah bud..I don't see a huge line of people forming to send you their cells so you can turn around and make money off of selling them ... how about you do what we, SMC, Kwik, EA, Promatch, and anyone else I'm forgetting did and buy some cells and do your own testing?

Every matcher is finding these cells are better. Curious though so many people don't believe what we're finding.

Better average voltage than EP ... slightly lower average runtime than EP.

If they weren't fast they wouldn't win races ... if they weren't fast we would not stock them. I've ran both now, I prefer EG cells..
I can always count on a professional, polite and courteous response from you......

I am a very small business and don't have a lot of money to toss around so I thought I would offer a fair SUBJECTIVE opinion on the cells if anybody thought it was worth their time to send me some cells to test and compare. In turn, I would post an honest comparison and the loner would get their cells back assembled. If there are no takers then that's OK and I will probably go buy some and post the results anyway.

The problem is that it is almost impossible to sort the hype from the reality on internet forums. Everybody has a vested interested in something - and that something is what they promote on the forums whether it is for their own profit or to support their sponsor or friend or whatever the case may be.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:31 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Hello,

I would like to take a minute to thank EP and Energy-G for making an awesome product for the new year! These cells perform very well and last as well as hold there match. I have had some EP's now for several months. I have charged them hard run them twice per day and they tested out very well on the matcher only losing about 25 seconds of run time! Not bad.

Like most I have wasted a great deal of money on IB's over the years. I have purchased new cells for major events with dead cells right out of the package...

Unfortunetly this circumstance has pushed many good people right out of the hobby... I can think of a handful right off the top of head...

If you know some of these people mabye give them a call and let them know that the matchers like SMC, Trinity, and Pro Match got fed up and forced the engineers to fix the problem. Mabye we can rescue some of these former racers and get the hobby moving in a better direction again.

Thanks again to the engineers and matching companies for doing the "right thing" for our hobby!

Just a thought.

Jeremy
Jeremy Otis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 07:37 AM   #24
Tech Adept

Hello,

I would like to take a minute to thank EP and Energy-G for making an awesome product for the new year! These cells perform very well and last as well as hold there match. I have had some EP's now for several months. I have charged them hard run them twice per day and they tested out very well on the matcher only losing about 25 seconds of run time! Not bad.

Like most I have wasted a great deal of money on IB's over the years. I have purchased new cells for major events with dead cells right out of the package...

Unfortunetly this circumstance has pushed many good people right out of the hobby... I can think of a handful right off the top of head...

If you know some of these people mabye give them a call and let them know that the matchers like SMC, Trinity, and Pro Match got fed up and forced the engineers to fix the problem. Mabye we can rescue some of these former racers and get the hobby moving in a better direction again.

Thanks again to the engineers and matching companies for doing the "right thing" for our hobby!

Just a thought.

Jeremy
Old 01-15-2008, 07:37 AM   #25
Tech Adept

Hello,

Just a thought.

Jeremy
Old 01-15-2008, 07:37 AM   #26
Tech Adept

Hello,

Just a thought.

Jeremy
Old 01-15-2008, 07:37 AM   #27
Tech Adept

Hello,

Just a thought.

Jeremy
Old 01-15-2008, 07:37 AM   #28
Tech Adept

Hello,

Just a thought.

Jeremy
Old 01-15-2008, 07:37 AM   #29
Tech Adept

Hello,

Just a thought.

Jeremy
Old 01-15-2008, 07:37 AM   #30
Tech Adept

Hello,

Just a thought.

Jeremy