R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2003, 05:07 PM   #466
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Claydoh

Anybody got a steel diff to sell? The one-way is wearing me out and outdoor season starts in 2 weeks. LMK
Claydoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 05:11 PM   #467
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to j0n0

Ko Racer: You should try and find the setup that Team Atlas used in the TITC race. I think Toyomichi came 5th or something like that in the A Finals in Mod.
j0n0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2003, 11:54 PM   #468
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to synapse79

i was thinking about selling my steel ball diff, but i decided to try it with an antidive setup.

I'll post here if i decide to sell one.
synapse79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 03:42 PM   #469
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by j0n0
Does anyone have good experiences with foams on an ashphelt track for the Type T ??

Theres this big race coming up and i'd like to get used to foams before the actual race day.

Jono, Where's the big race?
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 05:59 PM   #470
Regional Moderator
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by j0n0
Ko Racer: You should try and find the setup that Team Atlas used in the TITC race. I think Toyomichi came 5th or something like that in the A Finals in Mod.
do you have any ideals where to look for this set -up
the only one i have found is the MIWA circuit that Toyomichi Nakabayashi ran 1/26/03
Ko Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 08:53 PM   #471
Tech Addict

Anyone had a problem with the hinge pin mounts breaking on the type T?

At the last re-build i noticed that the rear mount had snapped at the right angle where the hinge pin block joins the base, and yesterday while replacing some front bearings I noticed the front mount has gone in the same place.

It's a clean break and I dont think it affects performance at all but it is annoying as they are quite expensive to replace.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:59 PM   #472
Tech Adept

ive been in some pretty severe wrecks and everything stood up fine. The only thing ive broke is a hub carrier.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:05 PM   #473
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by synapse79
ive been in some pretty severe wrecks and everything stood up fine. The only thing ive broke is a hub carrier.
Have you dismantled the car recently? The break in the hinge pin mount is not apparent until you do.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:24 PM   #474
Tech Adept

had the rear apart last week and the front apart yesterday and both were fine.

the front setup with anti dive works really good. I run mainly on a very tight carpet track and i switched to a ball diff in the front to help make it easier to drive a tight consistant lap every lap and so far its paying off. Somtimes on 180degree corners the oneway can be a handful, and the track is already tight and add traffic...
Old 03-30-2003, 10:36 PM   #475
Tech Addict

Must be my driving style, into things rather than around them!! Like I said it doesn't really affect anything.

I've just take the front diff out and put the one-way in in an attempt to keep up with the faster guys. the main track I race on is quite big (18 - 19 second laps) and quite open, I've used a one-way in the past and prefer the diff normally but though I'd give it a go.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:56 PM   #476
Tech Adept

on an open track like that i would deffinitely use a oneway.

One nice thing about a dual belt chassis, is even if you decide to run a ball diff, there is still the oneway layshaft to free up speed coming into the corner.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:12 AM   #477
Tech Adept

JohnA: the big race is the Winter Champs at eastern creek in NSW, i am thinking about making th trip up there.
I also have the snapped mounts, its not worrying me at the moment because you really cant tell at all from the outside, unless like you said you take it apart.

KO Racer: I have some printed out setup sheets that someone gave me but i dont know where he got them from, one of them is for the type Si. If i get a chance later i'll copy it down for you to try.

Does anyone know if atlas has a new website ?? on their current one theres absolutely nothing on the type Si or anything at all.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:30 AM   #478
PT
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnA
Anyone had a problem with the hinge pin mounts breaking on the type T?

At the last re-build i noticed that the rear mount had snapped at the right angle where the hinge pin block joins the base, and yesterday while replacing some front bearings I noticed the front mount has gone in the same place.

It's a clean break and I dont think it affects performance at all but it is annoying as they are quite expensive to replace.
Yes, Ive broken one also. Does the car still go o.k with the break you describe??
PT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 05:34 AM   #479
Tech Adept

Yes the car still goes fine even though they have broken PT, however just be careful not to set one side to a different wheelbase to the other side...
Old 04-10-2003, 09:41 AM   #480
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Claydoh

This Sunday we run outside. I'm looking forward to a bigger track but it's gonna be dirty. I went with Losi silver springs and 30wt all around. I used the "ym34tsetupm.pdf" setup. Tire wise I have take-off 22's, sorex 24,28's and some 32's if it warms up. Being the poor bum I am, I still haven't ordered the diff kit. I'm gonna run the one-way and see how it works for me. After racing this car for a couple months now, my only complaint is the crappy job I did filing the battery slots. It looks like a 5 year old did it.
Claydoh is offline   Reply With Quote