R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2003, 04:44 PM   #301
che
Tech Regular

TFR - parts are available through Integy.
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 05:03 PM   #302
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

i just purchased a type t, so i will be running it on carpet until the summer season. thanks robk! that deal on ebay is an awesome deal. parts should be available from integy for a while. it looks like they've made a commitment to the altas cars. that's good. get it, get it, get it.
Old 01-13-2003, 05:38 PM   #303
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Do you know why they are selling it that cheap? I might just pick one up, it looks very nice...
TFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 06:22 PM   #304
che
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

That is a steal, they sell it direct on their website for $299.95 !!
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 07:43 PM   #305
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

che, do you own one of this car? What do you think of the car?

I was thinking, integy is selling them so cheap on ebay. Would it be that when they sell all the kits out and willl no longer have parts available?
TFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 04:04 AM   #306
Tech Rookie

Sorry testing my login
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 07:14 AM   #307
Tech Adept

hi, atlas has a newer version now the type Si which they said is a limited Edition but still they have the same durability compared to the type T. only difference is Type Si looks like a MR4 TC version! parts will not be a problem you can directly purchase from integy in the states or you can buy one in any asian countries that support them like rainbowten.co.jp, pitshoponline.com (not yet finished but you can inquire), jethobby.com and others! my first TC after returning from a long break is the Type Si, so far i have never broke a thing...though i don't have much time to properly set it up 'coz now i have a bz sched...try it again this weekend i hope! don't worry bout the parts, most parts integy sells right now are still Type T, some parts there are not for Si though they have labelled it as such! only few parts can be used for both car! hope this help! ask some question, i'll try to give you more details. arrgghhh its my first week at work so i'm still adjusting my time, try to answer your queries though!
maski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 09:37 AM   #308
Tech Rookie

Hi All

I gave into temptation when I saw the Type T's on eBay for $159.99. The exchange rate of $ to at the moment makes them great value (even with postage and customs charge). I got 2 - one for me and one for my mate.

They went together without any problems and were much better than the last kit I built (RC Labs 7.60 Pro). In the hand the Type T felt heavy but on the scales it only weighed 1515 grammes ready to run.

We ran them for the first time on Sunday on an indoor carpeted track with treaded rubber tyres and a 27t stock motor. We started off with kit standard set-up but soon discovered that this wasn't working.After diconnecting the rear anti roll bar and moving the top of the front shocks in by one hole it was much better (I had to turn down the steering servos travel and speed on the transmitter). The dual one ways took a while to get used to, I normally use 2 diff's in my cars. I was impressed with the car's balance through the tight and twisty sections of the track.

The only problem I had was that the king pins and the grub screws in the driveshafts kept working loose, despite loads of threadlock on them.

I was impressed with the cars strength. I tested it against a few walls during the set-up period . I do have some long term concerns about the rear hub carriers bending and the holes where the hinge pins pass through the diff' mounts elongating.

I had problems getting any decent speed out of the car over the day though but I think this is down to my motor/speedo, my mates car was very quick.

I have a few questions that I would appreciate answers to:

1)What is the internal drive ratio for the Type T?

2)Are there any essential running spares that I should carry for the car e.g. wishbones etc?

3)What droop settings do you use?

4)Are there any hop ups I should consider?

Thanks

Spike
Old 01-14-2003, 11:23 AM   #309
Tech Adept

what brand of thread lock you used? try the Associated one works much better than the Tamiya

1) 2.3125
2) not much on spare but you might consider different spur gears. only 6 sizes of pinion would normally fit a spur.
3) ?
4) might consider the ti turnbuckle also delrin ball diff and the low roll center think its U3 but not necessary since the Type T is almost fully hop-up. also alum dogbones to lighten further

by the way, what batt, esc, motor and body you used in arriving with the 1515 g weight of the Type T
Old 01-15-2003, 03:02 AM   #310
Tech Rookie

Maski

Thanks for the tips

I used the following electronics on my car:

LRP V7.1 speedo
Trinity Monster stock motor (27t)
KO mini receiver
KO 2123 digital servo
Sanyo HV 3000's
Protoform Alfa 156 body shell (with minimum paint)

I note that you recommend the delrin diff'. I've noted that some other people have had problems with the diff' rings slipping in hot weather (don't get much of that in England). Are they worth having?

When I referred to "droop" settings I was talking about the amount of the wishbone down travel, when the wishbones have been drilled to accept grub screws.

Spike
Old 01-15-2003, 01:59 PM   #311
Tech Adept

spike,

sorry, don't have much info on droop settings nor i have base setup for that since my car is the Type Si which has shorter shock shaft lenght, maybe RobK can provide you with that!

Delrin diffs, only if you want your car to lighten but not really recommended. my friend broke his delrin diffs after a minor crash on his Type T, not a strong mat'l though! pls be careful when purchasingparts, some parts cannot be used for both the Type T and Type Si as i have noticed when i built one. like the lower bulkhead mount, not much difference in pic but have slight diff in lenghts! hope you enjoy your kit!
Old 01-16-2003, 01:33 PM   #312
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink YM34 type T

Hi guys, this is a first time for me as I am the other part of the London Duo, I used my Type T for the first time and used kit settings.....to say it had too much steering and not a lot of rear end grip would be an understatment, however having removed the rear Sway bar, moved the front shocks and adjusted the rear roll centre I appear to have had it pretty well sorted, apart from some mild understeer?????

What I need to know is this....for an aspalt track with long sweeping curves and not a whole lot of tight turns and a straight of approx 150ft what gear ratio should I be using on a Trinity P2K2 Pro? This is currently escaping me so advice would be most welcome.

Cheers and OH BOY WHAT A CAR !!!!!!!!!!!
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 01:17 AM   #313
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

rollout around 1.10 in or 28mm to start. that should be around the lower end. check your motor temp. the p2k2's run fairly cool, but keep gearing up if the motor's only warm.
Old 01-19-2003, 05:18 PM   #314
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi, thanks am I doing wrong to run around 5.50 total gearing on a P2K2 Pro with putman brushes,and red/green springs, car is still quick on infield but is a little lazy on the main straight?

Also have been running in short wheelbase form but am struggling to find bodyshell to fit, any suggestions, running UK stock 27 class so no limitations to bodyshell can be 3 door?

Any help would be appreciated.
cherry2blost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 08:30 PM   #315
Tech Addict

Hi Spike (you bought an original YM34 off me ages ago)

I too gave in to temptetion when I saw the $159.00 price. The car has now done 6 meetings and is going better that anything I've owned, and thats quite a few. So much so I've put my 414m2 WCE up for sale.

I see you don't normally run a one-way, me neither. So I also bought the YM34 V3 for $89, for about the cost of some spare arms and a regular diff you get thet and a whole car!! If you still have the V3 the diffs are a direct fit, and if you struggle to get spares in the UK I've heared that Pro2 arms fit the Atlas.

Good luck with yours, hopefully this thread will stay a bit nearer the top from now on.

Last edited by JohnA; 01-24-2003 at 08:35 PM.
JohnA is offline   Reply With Quote